Any ideas on a way to securely/permanently attach these? These are the absolute worst for durability...

Any ideas on a way to securely/permanently attach these? These are the absolute worst for durability. My kids go through these things like crazy.

Attached: usb-micro.jpg (1000x1000, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zapals.com/cell-phones-accessories/chargers-cables/cable-adapter/magnetic-charging-cable-with-round-connector.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Epoxy

Buy a braided or steel cable

Stop using personal gps devices.

I am thinking about attaching pic related permanently to the tablet with the female end solidly attached to the tablet or case. Then they could just plug the chargers in to the standard usb female.

Its the micro connectors that keep failing. They torque on them and bend the shit out of them. Then the female connector in the tablet gets loose. Only a brand new cable will connect worth a shit, and it has to be a good one.

I did see a project where someone made a QI charger for his kids, but it has to lay on the charging pad while they use the tablet and thats not happening with my kids.

Attached: 345591_p_main.jpg (450x450, 13K)

Get those L-shaped ones for stable/secure fit. This will strengthen the stability of the attached end. That's where most of the stress comes from anyway, from moving around the cable.

post pics of your kids feet owo

getting rid of the kids seems like the best long term improvement for this situation user. Eliminate the root of the problem.

Attached: 1538537237100.png (635x480, 169K)

tell your kids to stop being niggers
I have a micro-usb cable that still works after almost 8 years of use

Attached: 1431754483230.jpg (1920x1080, 784K)

how fucking media addicted are your kids that they go through the entire tablet battery life between the end of school and bedtime. Get them some books or something goddamn

grrrrr

If your kids are too young to take care of expensive things they are too young to have them. If they are old enough to know better they are old enough to have that shit taken away. Growing up with books and a desktop will not harm your little butterballs

t. neckbeard

T. Shithead dad

Give your kids a hobby instead of turning them into another braindead zombie

JB weld

Just use a bit of hot glue

Start by trying not to be brutalisk nigger and educate your shitty little brats to do the same. The connector's fine. You are the problem.

>They torque on them and bend the shit out of them
teach them not to do that

also your pic related might not work for receiving power, only sending it

magnetic charging bits + glue
then you only need to connect the cable and not the end bit

or you could use Qi charging pads with lots of sticky tape

>Give your kids a hobby
Like programming? 3d modelling? computer repair? Robotics?

If only John Carmack would have done something useful like knitting, he might have made something of himself.

They are learning, kids are just rough on shit.

Sounds good. They may pull them apart a lot but at least it doesn't damage anything and can be easily reconnected.

get better kids

knitting is stimulating for the brain and is suggested as therapy for conditions such as alzheimer's, so maybe he wouldn't have gone senile and made RAGE

>kids can't behave
>insults people who call it out
t. soccer mom
/inb4 I want to see Jow Forums's manager

Attached: 1434710632608-0.jpg (480x360, 16K)

this fixed a worn-out micro usb port for me.

Attached: volta-charger-black_450x450.png (380x450, 46K)

That looks like it may work. How strong is the magnet?

Strong enough to hold it in and not fall down from insecure latch. Weak enough to pull it out by hand with bit of accidental/force so as to not put stress on any of the components.

>grrrrr

You think is is Gaia Online you fucking weeb? KYS. You have to go back. Also, kill your children. They are a drain on the world.

>cable snaps
Where is your god then?

I will try this first. I can always add some Epoxy as shown if it needs further securing.

I have noticed some cables have springs on the back side of the plug and these general due better than the cheaper cables with no springs on the back. If they get loose you can bend the springs back out and it stays connected.

Attached: GLUE.png (567x516, 96K)

>Then they could just plug the chargers in to the standard usb female.
Good luck setting up a charger like that (it could double as a potential way to fuck up other USB ports).
Oh, and that's not how OTG works.

What about those magnetic ones? Where the micro goes in and stays in and you magnetically detach the cable.

Every kid is like that nowadays
>I am a babysitter

Lightning doesn't have this problem.

these adapter do exist as simple cable with no active components
comes in handy for powering a miracast stick USB A with a phone charger

Just buy 20 for $10 from some chinkshop and stop worrying about it.

Maybe don't be a cuck and try banning them from the devices that they're damaging.

i use some magnetic usb connectors for my mom's phone since she can't easily deal with plugging it in. it was some chink brand cable from zapals, worked so well i got extras for my ps4 controller and other stuff that only need power.
zapals.com/cell-phones-accessories/chargers-cables/cable-adapter/magnetic-charging-cable-with-round-connector.html
it has a dim blue led on the end so you know it's still plugged into a wall charger (hers falls off the wall a lot, old ass loose plugs, so it's nice to know). it's a round magntic plug on both sides so it always works and snaps in place, but that roundness can sometimes keep it from sitting flush. another downside would be your kids deciding the little end is supposed to be in their stomach...

>allowing your kids to use screens
do you want to raise antisocial retards ?

Attached: big_oof.jpg (640x360, 36K)

thank you based apple for shipping phones that don't charge with a cable ot force people to adapt to wireless charging

I wanted to do something like this for my headphone cables. So many headphones broke due to stress of un/plugging constantly. I can't find extremely short audio cables extenders online or in stores for the life of me though.

“Hey, Mike. How’s that USB Mini connector we just developed doing?”
“Good size, holds well, and clearly designed so people know which way to plug it in.”
“Hold my beer…”

USB-A should go to USB-B so you know which is host and which is device.

Just get ankers for now and wait until a year or two for when usb c finally makes micro usb. kick the bucket

Its funny how revolutionary usb was only for it to get fucked by a shitty mini design down the road. All i need is good gamepad with usb c connection and a usb c charging coughvapecough and ill have literally no reason to keep micro usbs around sand the occasional old piece of tech for a few years

Buy something like this

You plug it in and leave it plugged in then they disconnect from the extension lead which is what gets worn/damaged

Attached: micro-usb-extension-lead-100mm-pairImageMain-515.jpg (515x515, 21K)

They probably use tablets instead of textbooks.

Buy a magnetic charger. Solved my problems with the mini-usb being a sack of shit

Since they have a piece that actually plugs into the phone to attract the charging cable, the cable and port will last longer, although the female usb can get easily lost if you take it out. You can grab them cheap on Amazon, around £15

Looks somewhat like

you have to be retarded to jam a micro usb in the wrong way

>store offers 2x usb micro 2x lightning or 2x usb c
>can't order 1x micro 1x c for the same price
goddam you volta fucking goldcoastfags I swear

Right on. Anyone who doesn't raise their kids on a strict blinkenlight regimen is a fool!

Attached: Altair_8800_Computer.jpg (1495x1349, 333K)

use a real connector

Attached: file.png (686x333, 232K)

>Giving your kids a tablet when they haven't "learned" yet

Whats the warranty on a kid?

There's probably a factory defect, you should return it and get a fully functional one

Attached: images(2).jpg (225x225, 9K)

You're prob a pedo too

protip for 90% of "broken" micro usb cables: grab pliers and flatten the connector lightly, and slowly add more pressure until it fits a little snugly into your micro usb port and it starts charging. Most cables are actually pretty resilient to breaking internally and it's usually the weak micro-usb connector that bends too much to grab the pins enough to transfe a charge, usb c aims to fix this problem.

forgot image related

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 96K)

>> A Jow Forums user has had sex at least twice...
MFW
This guy is right, these are fantastic for kids or old people with not much dexterity.

Attached: 4bpi92bkx6811.jpg (921x531, 118K)

Plugging in USB Micro is this, but at a scale that's almost as tiny as your dick.

Attached: TheUSBTheory-corretto.jpg (1024x1024, 205K)

You don't have any children, you fat neckbeard.

>Give your kids a hobby instead of turning them into another braindead zombie
Easier said than done.

>2x kids.
>eldest = smart, strong athletic. Coached in all sports. She can run fast. Uses phone to CALL friends and shitpost on insta
>youngest = probably smarter than me. Coached her in all team sports - getting her to disconnect from device = warning & "3...2..1.." process and turning services off selectively on the router.

Tell me I'm a baddad.

Attached: horrible-histories-series-7-episode-1-sensational-shakespeare-12-h-news-tudor-entertainment3.png (1994x1122, 1.71M)

>giving kids smartphones

Attached: lel2.jpg (245x245, 5K)

>smart
>strong
>she

Attached: water cat.jpg (580x625, 96K)

>>giving teenagers smartphones

That's kewl - I'll let them go out in public and on public transport with cunts like you around and leave them to fend for themselves.

They'll be fine.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1200x1600, 164K)

based

>having kids

Just tell your kids to stop throttling them like barbarians.