GTX 470 for 15€ - worth it?

I'm opting to buy a used GTX 470 1280 MB DDR5 by Colorful from a workstation-PC (pre-owner used it for CAD-Stuff afaik). For that price it seems like a no-brainer, but I'd like a second opinion. The rest of the saystem is an Optiplex 790 with a i3 2130 and 8GB DDR3 RAM, no SSD so far. I want to play GTA4, Skyrim, Half Life 2 + Episodes, maybe Doom 2016.

Oh, and of course: Can it run Crysis?

Attached: colorful-geforce-gtx470_2106272.jpg (1217x810, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

preisvergleich.pcgameshardware
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh, forgot to mention that I'll drop a 500W PSU in there, of course. Maybe an i5 later. We'll see.

470 were notorious for overheating, its brobably a brick recovered enough to boot

So thats a no-no? The price is quite tempting, you know.

Had one of those, died after 2 years, then brought back to life for another 2. Its kinda ok for today standards (think gt 1030 ), but be prepared you need a strong PSU and good case cooling to extract the heat

That card will not fit in your OptiPlex 790 case. The hard drive cage will need to be removed, if you decide to do so. I've had to do this many times.

Tbh I think you're better off getting current or last gen budget stuff. Maybe ask the PC building general peeps.
1GB of VRAM is low unless you want to play all those games on lowest settings & 720p

no you have to fucking save that 15€
holy shit this is a huge risk what if you lose 15 euros oh fuck

Do you need a space heater for your room?

I got a R7 260X and can only play Skyrim at low-mid setting.
And GTX 470 is slower than R7 260X.

no Vulkan support on the Fermi generation (4xx/5xx)

Thanks m8, helpful
My parents told me not to waste money, but go ahead and throw dollarbills out of your window if you are so inclined. Why so salty, user?

Thanks to everyone, except for .
Won't buy it then.

Thanks, didn't know that.

i'd buy an amd card over nvidia if you're looking for cheap... you can probably get a better card.

For that matter, what GPU can you recommend (preferrably AMD) that is cheaply available in Germany?

Ich kenn jetzt dein Budget nicht, aber ich guck immer auf preisvergleich pcgameshardware

Hier bei dieser Suche sind einige RX550 für 100€
preisvergleich.pcgameshardware
.de/?cat=gra16_512&bpmax=200&v=e&hloc=at&hloc=de&filter=aktualisieren&sort=p&xf=131_GDDR5%7E132_3072%7E143_PCIe+3.0+x16

consider RX 560 (the version with 1024 shaders) as well
it's almost twice as good for like €50 extra

you probably lose money doing research for a 15 euro purchase

Mein Budget würde bei rund 65,- liegen, habe in dem Zusammenhang auch schon mit einer R9 270X geliebäugelt.

Can't see the logic behind this statement, if there is any.

65€ für GPU oder insgesamt?

It's fifteen EUR. If it breaks then just pick up discarded pennies on the street and you'll have your money back.

Nur die GPU, eine PSU hätte ich noch rumliegen und der Optiplex steht hier eh rum.

time is money...

für den preis kannst du auch versuchen deine kiste zu verscherbeln und das billigste 2200g system zu bauen. mit glück kriegst du sowas wie ne gebrauchte gtx 960 2gb für 80 euro habe selber damit noch bis vor 2 monaten alles in wqhd gespielt wenn du die settings runterdrehst

gtx 660ti bit more expensive but worth it. I paid 30 euro for the last one I bought for a friend.

Glad to help. I'm sure you could find a short single fan GTX 560, that would fit inside your case with room to spare. In terms of performance, it would probably be quite similar to that of the GTX 470.

LOL NO! I bought a EVGA 1050 ti with €92

Attached: 2018-10-07_23-36-58.png (715x471, 33K)

Allright guys, this should be enough. Thanks to everyone, except . Go back to /b/.