Why are you not using void linux, Jow Forums?

Why are you not using void linux, Jow Forums?

>no systemd botnet
>more of a minimal install than arch
>23 mb of ram when not running anything (compared to arch: min ~130mb ram)
>relatively new and welcoming community
>easy installation
>well documented wiki
>comfy as fuck

Is this the peak performance of all linux distros?

Attached: based distro.png (250x206, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.voidlinux.eu/Runit
wiki.voidlinux.eu/XBPS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

didn't the main developer disappear

It's arch based right?

It's like Arch.

all I know is systemd. send help

Void is unironically one of the best distros, but I don't use it because it's software repository is pretty much bare in terms of the proprietary software that I sadly require.

Not Arch based, it's its own distro with its own package manager and init system. Rolling release like Arch though

Is there a build of Chromium with VAAPI patch?
No
GTFO

>Chromium
Cringe!

Don't worry, friendo. Void is here to help you liberate yourself from the chains of Poettering.
wiki.voidlinux.eu/Runit

Enjoy increased temperatures and CPU usage because of lack of hardware video decoding

How easy is it to create and submit packages for xbps?

What package manager Void uses? Pacman is too comfy.

>watching videos in your browser
lol who does this? mpv or die

because I can use Artix which is pacman based and using runit. Has everything you stated, but better.

Had it before, and I loved it. However once you have actual work to do, you have to download all this proprietary software, and you keep getting these abnormal errors with no solutions online. Also, it's screwed me over when I needed something done on a whim that would normally be quick and easy.

I use debian now and everything works fine. Void is perfect, except for that it's still too young and needs a lot more development to be stable.

Attached: 4axc2aasxf.jpg (540x518, 58K)

It uses xbps. As far as I am concerned you can use xbps exactly the same way you use pacman because it has the same flags for installation and other things.
wiki.voidlinux.eu/XBPS

xbps
its a pain to type honestly

Pacman is not comfy, what are you smoking.

>mpv
not everyone is closeted pedo

>systemd is a botnet
ho boy what did I miss?

literally this

are you retarded? it's the greatest player

two decades of flamebaiting

Because gentoo is better

I'll have to wait to use it it seems.

i have void in one of my computers. few weeks ago there was an kernel update and after installing that computer didn't boot anymore. luckily void doesn't delete old kernels so i could boot again with old kernel. now when time has passed few weeks, i can't update my system anymore because xbps complains it depends on newer kernel than i have.

I love it
I'm surprised no one has made distros/spins based on it

xbps.
even better than pacman - it supports partial upgrades!

true and hetero

>I have never used aliases

>no packages

Linux is a kernel.

Systemd is not a botnet, retard.

He realized that even he himself was bloat

>not using send-to-mpv

This, except it's all of linux and I didn't have the time to troubleshoot every little thing

Underrated

musl vesion is pretty fast. but it isn't simple to install.

because i'm using gentoo without systemd

maybe, maybe not, but Potterware still = shitware

systemd works great. So does pulseaudio btw.

No linux-libre kernel in the repos.

that stupid hacked up script never works

does it have ungoogled-chromium in its repos?

based on fact a few years ago but no longer. solution are relatively simple as win problems you google.

I will not use until we know what happend to the developer.

I will not use it until we know what happened to the developer.

pretty easy.
i submitted a pull request (after wollowing the wiki step by step) and the responsible persons quality checked everything.
They're super helpful. Got my template merged about 1hr after initial PR.

i'm using.

Attached: voidcomfy.png (1366x768, 288K)

gnu is a compiler and nothing more, as everything else can be easily replaced

I wonder which British colonized three letter agency was behind the abduction of the os most ran towards after people realized it is called NSArchLinux

I prefer CRUX though

Because I'm using Gentoo.

That's not true at all. Coreutils is yet another GNU piece of software. glibc as well.

Because I use Antergos and don't have autism.

Clearly ФCБ.

Let me guess, no drivers at all, and everything you want to do, you have to install shit, get strange errors, then go about searching all over the internet in posts by people who don't know how to communicate properly.
check.

All I want to know is, if I say need to install something, will sudo apt-get work or will it be 3 hours of clusterfuck going nowhere?

>has the slogan enter the void
>creator entered the void

No AUR

>why are you not using void
Meanwhile Windows Vista startup turned up so fucking loud I can't even hear the question

Attached: 1538762471018.jpg (500x448, 50K)

Did you try installing the new kernel? I know you can install different versions as standalone packages.
t. 4.9 LTS

Used it for half a year on one of my laptops, was all in all a great experience. Beats arch in everything except repo size.

>YKK
Patrician taste right here

>using the official ponyfucker distro
No thanks I'll stick to gentoo.

wallpaper?

what did you switch to?

A lot of void linux shilling lately
Did one of the """"developers"""" (read: package maintainers) just find out about Jow Forums?