Job/Salary thread

No lies
Post country job and salary

> France
> Javascript developer
> $50K after one year

Attached: mathphd.jpg (640x427, 34K)

> Seattle, US
> Full-stack web development (for a notable firm)
> $130k salary plus $100k in stock

> Houston, US
> Write basic-ass console apps
> $50K fresh out of school

>US
>nuclear reactor operator
>$27k/yr gross

>Germany
>Self Employed
>80k€

>Shitty Florida
>C# and SQL
>54k

Doing my masters. Kinda not necessary, but I like school. I want to work in embedded systems.

>USA
>IT Manager
>$90k USD/yr

>germany, paki immigrant
>impregnation of young girls
>40k€

...also I have no college and no debt

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

That man is just holding 20$ bills and 1 dollar bills if you look closely at the picture. He's not rich.

>Lithuania
>wagecuck
>4800$ /yr

That feel when poorfag.

>North East USA
>Systems Engineer
>$60K/yr

>central virginia
>software engineer
>$100k/yr

Upstate NY
MES system admin
$60k entry level
Goals

how many years of experience?

lmao Florida security fag here with no degree making 78k

Ottawa, Ontario
ManyHats (tm); C, C++, Python, Ruby, JS, Java
$82k CAD -> $63k USD

you'll get there

I am in my thirties so I am sure I am oldfag compared to most/a lot of people on Jow Forums *sips*

>Ontario, Canada
>Registered Nurse
>~70k pre tax

>Polan
>Test automation contractor for Intlel
>$25k/yr after all taxes

Not complaining, double what the average pay is here, and I haven't even got my degree yet (no student loan because EU).
Moreover all work related purchases within EU and operation costs I make are exempt from VAT and additionally cheaper by income tax value (19%). So for notebook from Germany with retail brutto price of 1190€ I'd pay 1000€ upfront and later pay 190€ less income tax, so at the end of the day it'd costs me 810€.
Basically neverending Black Friday.
But will eventually relocate abroad for better job after getting some years here.

Attached: 1528664958649.jpg (220x200, 12K)

>But will eventually relocate abroad for better job after getting some years here.
Confirmed for poolan

Lads, what language will get me a job super fast?

Attached: 1538353431229.jpg (900x1200, 138K)

> USA
> Cyber intern
> 35k
About to get a raise though, and a full job offer once I graduate.

US
Data Engineer
$105k/yr from bonuses/salary

> USA
> Security Architect
> $113k + bonus

Attached: 2many4me.jpg (355x355, 49K)

>Glorified IT for factory full of fuck asses
>Barely $50K

Sucks not knowing how to program. I should have taken that route. I got hired to manage the factory's local network, fix software not working, etc. But I mostly just get constant calls from HR because they don't even have enough common sense to realize that a wireless mouse requires batteries and they do die after some time. I also can't stand being hit on by these 300lb worthless pieces of shit.

Python.
I will do what Ukrainian devs did who had relocated here.
Work abroad, get paid by abroad standards, then return and buy out several streets in my home town. Change half of it to gated community neighbourhood to rent apartments for sweet sweet passive income, and the other half to gated mansion as the seat of my oligarchic dynasty.

Jesus dude I lose more than that in a hand of poker

>Minneapolis, MN
>Embedded software co-op internship, using C, a little C++, Python, and Nim
>$22/hour, which comes out to roughly $44k/year

data miner fuck off

Attached: 1537329456189.jpg (617x450, 49K)

>Spain
>No Job
>€0 a year
Well it could be worse.

>tons of anons claiming they're making 6 figures
>99% of the board is just about complaining about how expensive electronics are and trying to justify buying the poorfag options

Uh-huh, totally believe.

Why Python? It seems to be web-dev that has all the jobs. And they all want Javascript.

Lurker statistics per topic is an interesting thing. I almost never post on Jow Forums but some topics like salary I enjoy speaking about because I'm career-oriented and kinda like bragging. What I'm saying is your observations may be skewed by underlying biases, because humans are terribly inconsistent.

Attached: bulb.png (200x200, 4K)

>USA
>Structural Engineer (6 years)
>$54k + bonuses (typically $2k to 4k per year)
Off the charts mothafuckaz!

Attached: salarydotcom.png (591x386, 21K)

>> US, Sunnyvale
>> Embedded Software Engineer
>> 102k (+ ~200k stocks. 4yrs experience)

>BR
>PHP, JS, Java and Flutter web/mobile full stack developer
>$5k a year
Sometimes I wonder if there's even a point in going on.
Is there any program that allow me to legally spend a year in some decent country?

Attached: 145486325978.jpg (456x320, 14K)

>Is there any program that allow me to legally spend a year in some decent country?
Won't Brazil pay for you to go to college in the US as long as you promise to come back and work in Brazil?

hear, hear

Remember that countries that pay a lot, usually cost a lot to live in. 100k in USA is spent on taxes, healthcare and rent easily.

>2nd year comp sci student
>australia
>part time full stack web-dev
>$40+/hr

>USA, SF

> Software Engineer (SRE), new grad

> ~$200K TC with bonuses this year (publicly traded, our stock has had a good year)

>US Southeast
>System Administrator
>$75k/yr + bonuses

Attached: 1538768879601.png (720x644, 54K)

No, kill yourself.
The sooner the better.

Everything benefits from test automation, and it is mostly done in python nowadays. Plus machine learning, but that's far more niche.
And webdev sure is plentiful but also it has low entrance point, high remote work possibility, so thus there is gigantic competition in webdev, especially from Romania and India.
And more often than not client will not value that your code is better than poos' code if the effect is similar at the first glance (not even checking design responsiveness, mobile versions, scalability, etc.).

SRE above - I get free healthcare from work, and pay ~$1300 in rent a month.

If you do the math, I'm still taking home a lot (enough to investment heavily as well)

>Switzerland
>App developer
>300-500k CHF a year

What kind of security?

we use python and swigged modules to interact with our real time embedded systems for test purposes. python is the shit.

My cousin who's a civil engineer got in one of those, but they never offered anything for the CS course. Yes, same college.

What part? I left Syracuse and have never been happier.

learn docker and kubernetes
become devops
get software engineer pay

How'd you get into doing this? How many years of college?

How long does it take to get to an employable stage with Python? I'm going to learn Python + Javascript.

Attached: 1538594139707.png (771x1103, 1.58M)

Yeah, you could be in the US

imagine being this upset

Learn Python and use GitLab. It interfaces with CI/CD shit like travis, kubernetes, and docker, which would allow you to mix your IT knowledge in with the programming stuff.

Also what's your opinion on Ruby on Rails?

>Slovakia
>Angular / javascript monkey
>13k€
I was a neet and my mommy wanted to kick my ass out of the house, so Ihad to take this codemonkey job

Network, WAF, ids, etc

>people paid over 100K still browse Jow Forums

What the fuck is wrong with you guys

money doesnt make the man

>>people paid over 100K still browse Jow Forums

bored on a sunday and have some personality issues I have yet to deal with, I guess.

Everyone can be lonely.

> Mid-Atlantic US
> Business Systems Analyst
> $65k

Never used, never been employed where it was used. There is a company in neighbourhood that does only RoR B2B for companies in EU and USA and they give good pay, so yeah probably if you know it you will not starve but, at least here, there is not that many jobs in RoR.

Have some colleagues that went from C# testing to python testing, after week of bootcamp that company provided them, they were able to take and fulfill basic tasks.
So 5 mandays for an automation/software engineer with no prior knowledge of python.
For someone with no programming background it depends on effort so hard to tell, but python can be self taught in reasonable time. If you're motivated I guess 30-60 mandays should suffice.
Other thing is that with nothing on CV you could have a hard time getting pass HRs.

I skim Jow Forums to catch what I could have missed in IT news/trends. And some other subjects too.

>Other thing is that with nothing on CV you could have a hard time getting pass HRs.
I've got a miserable comp-sci degree.

Non fake answer here.

IT System Administrator.
$35k a year

should be eligible for promotion soon with just slightly more responsibility and will make 40k a year.

Dev-Ops/Sys Admin
37k/yr

pretty funny that people think the six figure offers are fake.

check glassdoor/paysa/level.fyi for any SV company

>Mountain View
>Java dev
>TC $350k

6 figures aren't fake but there is an entire infrastructure of people that make way less than that. like at my corporation are a few teams with less than a dozen people each making that kind of money and there is thousands of people below below them. but somehow magically on Jow Forums everybody is the top dog....sure.

its just how biases work, people that make more money are more likely to post where as pajeets and neets stay away. nearly everyone in seattle/nyc/sf makes 6 figures

>everyone is an engineer
>everyone makes atleast 100k a year in their 20's

Attached: yep.jpg (1200x794, 121K)

yeah and people never lie on the internet for day dreaming purposes or to make themselves feel better.

and no. not everyone makes 6 figures. my professor who was a senior level dev at a very respectable company in NYC made something like 75-80k a year. Maybe they piss away money in silicon valley idk, never been out there.

Depends on company. I know of a company that interviews basically everyone in following manner:
1) phonecall to filter psychos
2) send tasks to solve via email, interviewee chooses 2 out of 3
3) filter not working solutions
4) assign someone to validate code
5) meeting face2face
They only truly spend time on people getting past step 3).
And in such a fashion, working there as devs and ops are former construction workers, bakers, medicine doctors, etc. It's bizarre if you have IT background there.

And there are also companies that will never even start to interview you unless your CV has something.

If you're a minority/female go try Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Intel, they're known currently for hiring such individuals even if they truly know nothing - they'll try to teach them, and if it fails relocate to different team, and if that fails then they don't renew their contracts.
Otherwise avoid Amazon, search for companies with internships/bootcamps and try that way. If that fails, just send your CV everywhere, some companies will eventually respond and maybe you pass HRs in one of them. Even if the job would have been shit, your next one is much more likely to be solid.

I took a screenshot of this and made it my wallpaper for inspiration. Thanks user, I sorta needed it.

P.S. How do I put I'm gay on my CV? I'm straight, but it's the only avenue I've got except maybe that I'm a slav.

>los angeles
>new grad software engineering role
>110k
Start in 2 months actually

in my previous work shit hit fan when it came out that new employees were getting better pay then people on same teams with same job titles that were employed there for 3 years, and people with senior equivalent titles with 5 years only got zirca 10% more than those fresh meats
salaries are hardly ever JUST and proper
its like with cpus
you have to win zilikon lottery

>US
>NEET
>Nothing

Lies, I know niggars in this field that are making 150-200k

it was a Simpsons joke you fucking retard.

How do you get into this field, very interested.

Pittsburgh PA
Software Tester
>$45K Fresh Out of School

>Expecting people to get your obscure pop culture references with no photos or context

Have you considered that you might be the retard, sir?

>Software Tester
shiggy

not my post. but it was obvious commentary on the quality of these threads.

I like development better than security. Plus, jobs really are about who ya know, which at some point is luck.

No probs.
We Slavs have it tough, we are 2nd worlders treated when it suits other people as 1st worlders, but when not, as 3rd worlders.
You can put "hitting gay bars" in hobbies in CV, or that you are an LGBTQAA+ activist. But prepare to be asked about this on an interview.
But gays are kinda passe nowadays, what's hot shit right now are trans. You don't have to be actively transitioning, just say you feel Gender Dysphoria™ and a woman.
There is a guy that was rejected from using some insider Intlel benefits only for women in tech. He responded that he is being misgendered, and after that to avoid scandal he got said benefits. But now he is addressed as she/her in mailing etc.

U.S., $170K, self-employed software developer.

Some days, I just play Frostpunk.

Yeah I'm 25 ill be there in less than 10 years
Capital region. Best place to live on the planet.

they definitely toss money at engineers there.

Only one of the places I had an offer from offered a salary under 100K, and it was a big finance company.

I'll probably have to leave my current company to get into the 300K range in the next few years though. Ideally, ~5-7 years out of college I'll be encroaching on that range (scaled up for inflation)

This is why you don't fall for the code monkey meme

What do you program?

Hello Adam

>south Korea
>youth animator
>₩20/hr

>all these yuropoors mising a digit

europoors do make less. but i also love when people fail to mention they are paying for the entirety of their benefits out of their take home paychecks and they count stock incentives as actual compensation.

>St. Louis, US
>Game Developer (Java, C#)
>$40k/yr

Only 20 so can't complain about the pay I guess

I pay no premiums for health insurance, and stock is just an interest free loan. Meanwhile I love when Yuropoors fail to mention they pay 40% income taxes, plus another 25% in VAT.

i was making commentary about Jow Forums job posts in general. salary or hourly wage tells you barely anything. Not that europe stanks (it does) or that france is the most underpaid job market (it is).

Hmmm I guess it's time for a sex change. Tranny land here I come.