/spg/ - Smartphone General

OPPO Find X Lamborghini Edition Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Oppo-Find-X-Automobili-Lamborghini-Special-Edition-min.jpg (8688x5792, 2.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZGn4v1cbt0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Mi Mix 3

i want to put some fingerprints on that glass

i want to put some fingerprints on your ass

when did the retarded notch meme start? why is it everywhere?

Mi 8 mini-review anyone?

Attached: .jpg (265x190, 7K)

Who actually buys chinkphones?

poorfags like me

youtu.be/ZGn4v1cbt0A

I meant from someone who has one here.

Just use a payphone

anybody got that moto Z2 play on lineageOS

>buy note 9 online
>nothing will happen to it in shipping
I didn't want literally nothing to happen reeeee FedEx loses shit in their warehouse and then say its beyond their control

Attached: wtf.png (461x486, 16K)

Hey fags, phones are for losers

want to pull the trigger on sony xz1 compact
convince me whether I should or shouldn't please

Samsung is running that deal where they'll give me $600 trade in on my S9 plus towards a Note 9. If I do it, then use the Note 9 for like 6 months until the S10 comes out do you think I'll make out ahead than waiting another 6 months with the S9 plus losing value?

>p20 pro screen cracked on the only day I didn't have a screen protector on it
>no support in the US
>have to take my chances with a third party local shop and Chinese part replacement from Amazon
Holy fuck this is the last time I buy a phone without full support available

Attached: 1444242341089.png (665x662, 119K)

No, this is the last time you'll use your phone without a screen protector and a case.

Imagine being this irresponsible with an expensive device

so when I get a new phone, do I need to check in with my carrier or can I just pop in the the sim from my old phone and start using it?

I put a screen protector on it day 1 and ha dit on there for 3 months. It got beat up a little bit so I took it off while waiting for the others to come in the mail. It was only unprotected for a literal single day but it fell out of my hands in the parking garage at work

Attached: 1501099371571.png (900x900, 573K)

>hello, official support? I dropped my phone and it broke, I'd like a new one please... What do you mean you're not responsible for that?

All your parts come from China, and any professional phone repair shop is going to do as good a job as an "official" one.

What are you, some sort of appletard?

Never do it again. Why did't you go to a local repair shop to get a new one applied immediately?

how do you access the control center on android phones, where you can change the brightness, lock the screen rotation and shit like that? on iphone x its a really awkward diagonal "L" motion which I hated

Oh we turn our phone sideways to adjust n brightness and shake them to unlock screen rotatio. Putting it upside down answers calls.

I guess that sounds okay. I don't like the shaking though. I feel like it will eventually fly out of my hand

I'm glad I fell for the essential meme. This thing is fantastic.

Attached: Screenshot_20181007-163738.png (1312x2560, 3.67M)

Depends on the carrier. In most of the world it works like the way you described, just pop the SIM in and you're good to go. At most, you might have to manually enter the carrier's APN settings (it will usually get them automatically). I know on some of the US carriers, Verizon for example, you need to go through the carrier to "activate" the new phone to get it to work.

>topkek

please

Attached: 459053976026489.jpg (600x439, 23K)

>his city still has payphones
lmao what kind of 10th world ghetto you live in

Good ROMs for the Xiaomi Mi Max 2?

/thread
/spg/ BTFO

>samsung offering double trade in rewards
>the g7 isnt an eligible phone
???

Attached: 1459181587726.jpg (220x264, 21K)

i don't have an android and phones do stupid shit all the time, give me slack and please answer me

Is a S9 Exynos 128gb for $950 nzd ($612 usd) a good deal?

it's in the drop down menu, above the notifications

Attached: Quick-Settings-Tiles-Home-Screen.png (675x1200, 138K)

thank you buds

I made you a video, this is how it is on stock Android Oreo

Attached: 2018_10_08_01_03_47 (1).webm (720x1280, 2.21M)

very kind of you, thank you

lmao at android niggas and their green bubbles
like nigga get an iphone cuz no girl wants to see that you are poor lmao

No I was wondering if I could even pay them to service it but they wouldn't.
I called like 6 local repair shops and only one even had a part to order to repair it and they would have done a full screen replacement for $300. I only need the front glass which is a $10 part.

so im in the US and im looking at the Mi A2 lite
I was warned to check out the bands in comparison to ATT
it only covers the 2 and 4 bands but not 17 or 30

someone explain to me what this actually means in terms of connection and performance
should i just look elsewhere?

Just don't use xiaomi in the US. Sucks to suck but oneplus is the beginning and end of Chinese phones to buy

Simply put, worse 4G coverage than with a phone with full band support, possibly slower speeds. You can check what bands AT&T is using in your area on cellmapper.net.

so since the xz1 compact isn't "optimized" for USA use, will I have trouble getting it working like people do with the chink phones?

What do you mean, not "optimized"?

I just know the finger sensor doesn't work in the USA, so thats why I said that

That's due to patent stuff, and it can be easily enabled by flashing a non-US firmware. If you're on T-Mobile and want VoLTE and WiFi calling you'll need to flash a mix of US and non-US firmware files to get both FP reader and VoLTE working .

doesn't flashing cause you to stop receiving updates? also I'm on att so will I need to do any of that stuff?

>iPhone
>no clover

Attached: Screenshot_20181007_001.png (1080x1920, 363K)

No. You're flashing official Sony firmwares, it doesn't stop updates, void warranty or anything like that.

If you're on AT&T all you need to do is to flash a non-US firmware to enable the fingerprint reader.

neat, thanks my man

>be me
>get first smartphone in 2008
>have 5 smartphones from then til now
>never use case
>never use screen protector
>never broken a screen

you faggots are so clumsy. nothing beats the feel of a naked phone.

Yeah, try testing your luck with a current glass back "premium" device.

What’s the best “old school” smartphone that can still be used today?

I’m looking for something like pic related (Samsung i907 running windows mobile) but more modern if possible.

Attached: CE7493ED-80DB-486E-B67C-7E625CDD5817.png (162x299, 47K)

I had never broken a smartphone screen...

...until I bought an iPhone.

so I've been thinking about picking up a nokia 6.1 but im reading a lot of recent reviews that its been having major software issues, lots of freezes and stuttering

I've actually exclusively used iPhones up until now. I'm switching to Android next phone because Apple's current pricing is too insane.

Yeah my next phone will probably end having a glass back and that does worry me. What a stupid trend.

I would love to find a local repair shop that can do anything more than fucking iphones.
>get an xperia xz
>drop it
>it's fine but the GSM antenna disconnected from the mainboard
>easy fix if you can take off the glass
>take it to a few shops
>only one guy wants to give it a shot
>kind of hesitant but he has good ratings on yelp...
>he fucks it up immediately

The SE is reasonably priced and very capable.

And you can actually use it with one hand.

Buy it, try it, don't like it? Return it.

pocophone

>The SE is reasonably priced and very capable.
Too old. My 6 is showing its age already. Within a few iOS version the SE will be slow as shit.

>And you can actually use it with one hand.
Sorry handlet, I have no problems using the 6 with one hand.

get out here with your logic
i need people to decide things for me

The SE is blazing fast nigger.

I’ve never had any problems with it.

blackberry keyone? but apparently there are problems with the screen falling out

Have you had an iPhone before? The long update period is a blessing and a curse. After about 3 years, they don't bother optimizing for older hw, and the phone feels slow. It happens every time. Buying a 2016 phone when it's almost 2019 is just retarded.

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide:
- your country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- what carrier you will be using it with: no carrier (unlocked)
- wanted features: big oled screen, no notch, snappy... (I will be using it to watch youtube and browse)
- budget: around 600 euros or below
- size: very large, I want the best phone to watch videos and movies on

I should add that I just sold my OnePlus 5 because I don't like the design and size, I want more screen area and premium feel.

They are common in Canada.

kek, where, in Canmore and Iqaluit? There are no payphones left in my city.

It’s not my first iOS product but is my first iPhone. The last update actually made it faster.

I got a keyone, it's an amazing phone to use. They resolved that issue in future batches. The black edition is ensured to be a good batch since it was fixed by the time it released. Plus it comes with extra ram + storage.

Galaxy S8+/S9+ or Note 8

hoping the iPhone XR doesn't have the retarded camera quality smoothing issues like the XS/Max do right now.

why does Android OS still operate at 27fps?

How does the RN5's screen look compared to the P20 lite?

That's just the recording app and/or the video being converted from MP4 to Webm, it isn't actually running at 27fps. The Android UI runs at 60fps since Marshmallow I think.

Android UI is designed to run at 60fps since Android 1.0.

sike bro

just realised that i've never broken a phone in 8 years either. feels good not to be a clumsy nigger monkey that needs a case.

is Nokia considered a chinkphone company? or do you guys think they're making a comeback

Attached: Screenshot_20181006-140758.png (1280x720, 574K)

I had never broken a phone in 8 years either. I thought I was immune, but phones are both more slippery and fragile than ever.

Question, do any of you guys use night light? I've always thought it was snake oil. Does it really work?

Attached: Screenshot_20181007-203506.png (1080x2160, 58K)

is there anything more annoying than this dude's thumbnails cluttering your recommended videos?

Attached: dudebro edition of soyface.png (551x408, 238K)

do android phones turn on when you pick them up like iphones

It works

Moto phones do

Don't know about other brands

It is less straining on your eyes. But the "it helps you sleep" thing is BS.

I know Honor 8X just got its european release
any idea how long the US release will be behind it?

Sorry for the tech support question, but does anyone know how to get data off an android phone with a broken screen? Every option I see for data recovery requires you to do something on the phone, which I cannot do. And every other option looks like some sort of spyware scam.

>Sony's Xperia XZ2 is more expensive than the Samsung Galaxy S9, iPhone 8, and costs the same as the projected prices for the Google Pixel 3

can someone explain what the fuck is going on here

Attached: 1498375192918.png (211x198, 69K)

cellmapper is inaccurate as fuck

get an xz1

Walk to the courthouse

The Xz3 comes out in like a week though

what are you talking about? if the usb port works you can just hook it up to a computer. if you're trying to recover photos they get saved to the sd card unless you move them somewhere else or bought a phone with no SD card support, but the latter is unlikely because you don't seem like a fucking retard, but I've been wrong before.