Clear thumbnail cache with Ccleaner

>Clear thumbnail cache with Ccleaner
>Thumbnails don't regenerate at all.
>No icons either
>Just blank white with filenames
>Don't have File Explorer View box marked "Only show icons, never thumbnails checked"
>Reboot don't work.
>Backup and restore don't work
>Disk Cleanup don't work
>Thumbnails seem totally fucked for good

Why do people use Ccleaner again?

Attached: Capture.png (619x787, 12K)

Why did you?

>Ccleaner

Attached: stupid.jpg (1776x2000, 378K)

>Why do people use Ccleaner again?
Because Windows is so terrible and accumulates cruft so rapidly that running some third party nearly-malware proprietary shitware to cleave chunks out of the operating system's accumulated data seems like a good option.

It was recommended to me by several friends that frequent Jow Forums.

I'm already painfully aware that I'm far too unintelligent and stupid to use an advanced OS like Linux. I've accepted my place at the bottom of your technological pecking order and don't need to be reminded.

>advanced OS
>Linux

Attached: 1536205773332.jpg (1024x576, 62K)

>anime

Yes I'm sure for 250 IQ savants like all of you that Linux is as easy as slicing bread but for people like me that can't remember 8th grade algebra it's more complicated than that.

Attached: 1494194567984.jpg (751x900, 141K)

>ccleaner
you deserve it. why install some shitty third party tool to remove cache when windows can do that itself? also, bleachbit > ccleaner

>Ccleaner
ahahahshahahaahahhaAHAHAH

It's really not hard man. Just install the latest Ubuntu version -- it's no more difficult than using Windows. You've got a web browser, file explorer, text editor, office suite etc etc. All installed by default, literally no work required.

>Want to do anything at all
>Have to open up a box and type in 40 different commands like it's DOS in the 90's again.

I use 7 but you're a complete fucking retard if that's what you honestly think Linux is like.

If you can read, a text interface isn't a big deal.

Can you give an example of something a noob would need to do that requires a terminal?

Keep in mind all the software that comes pre-installed, including the automatic software updater.

Script kiddies love that sort of thing

>It was recommended to me by several friends
It's a meme

CCleaner was good years ago before they started to aggressively monetize. Once they did this it went downhill quick, just like so much software before it.

Yeah, I've already gathered that I am subhuman garbage that should kill myself and that I'm not going to get any help fixing it.

>and that I'm not going to get any help fixing it.
The woe is me approach might work but it might won't. If you want to learn something be proactive and positive about it, instead of begging others for answers in the hopes they feel sorry for you.

I don't know what you mean. I came into the board not expecting technical assistance because it says in the sticky that's not allowed. I don't need to be banned from my home board for breaking a rule on another I never visit.

what are you waiting for, you groveling bitch

CCleaner's decline began with v4.00 (2013) and only got worse after AVG bought Piriform.

Use Bleachbit instead and never use registry cleaners.

I don't suppose Bleachbit would have anything to fix the current issue?

>using """"cleaners""""

Attached: 29989100.jpg (396x446, 36K)

Clearing the thumbnail cache was an accident, not intentional.

Why would clearing the thumbnail cache also make all the icons disappear?

Attached: up fuck the hold.jpg (600x576, 22K)

>too unintelligent and stupid
How can one be too stupid for Linux? Even some moms can use it

>reddit

Icons removed from thumbnail cache

How do you put them back?

This.
Just run bleachbit and defragmenter/trimmer once a week. That's all there is for Windows maintenance.

install gentoo

> I'm far too unintelligent and stupid to use an advanced OS like Linux.
Doubt it, just install amy Ubuntu flavour and stay away from memes like arch and gentoo for a while.
You can do it, user. I believe in you

>disk cleanup

If things get so bad, just reset your OS. if you're on an SSD, it doesn't take long, you can go take a shit while it does it's work.

>had to enter captch 40 times to post this

Oh yeah can't I also keep all my data and stuff on it and not have it get wiped while just resetting all the OS settings?

Yea, just do "keep everything"

But as always make sure you backup really important files to a usb stick or cloud.

Okay.

Haha, Windows can't even tell when its thumbs get nuked.

Attached: 1478995087717.jpg (497x562, 110K)

I'm assuming I'll have to reinstall every game and program from scratch still and just keep Pictures, Documents, and Videos, etc?

Behold, the bullshit that normies propagate.

Attached: 1537711211140.gif (200x153, 2.48M)

>It was recommended to me by several friends that frequent Jow Forums.
You got trolled

Yes, reddit loves anime. Now go back.

0/10

It puts everything in Windows.old if you keep everything.

You will have to reinstall it, but if you're technically competent most games can be "reinstalled" by just moving the files to a location you can access.

I move my SteamLibrary to my other hard drive, and most games support that as well.

It's only rarely that some games will fail to work if not under the Program Files directory which has to be on your OS drive (dones't have to be but it will fuck shit up)

Okey dokey, let's see what I can get going here.

And I'l try Linux again in the future sometime and see if I was wrong about it being overcomplicated.

Just grab an install image and Rufus. You'll be ready to live boot within minutes.

>tfw run CCleaner every couple months and had no issues
werks on my machine

Attached: gtfo.png (350x572, 439K)

that's too cute, i want to snuggle her.

Attached: pepsi_bepis_man.gif (200x200, 315K)

You realize that you don't have to touch the terminal to use linux, right? As a Windows-focused normie I suppose it's natural to think like you do, though.

whats the point of deleting temp files to save a few gigs of space?

If you have an SSD, it allows writes to be spread over a wider area so that cells get a bit more evenly fatigued.

I wouldn't bother deleting thumbnails, though. They're just going to get cached again anyway.