MSI GS65

Give me one good reason to not get this. Not a graphics whore, I can live with a gimped 1070.

Attached: stealth_09.jpg (700x479, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xoticpc.com/msi-gt75-titan-056.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>MUH VIDYA NEEDS
>RGB for fags
>SSD + RAM on the other side of the motherboard, thus hard to upgrade
>Keyboard looks like the most 3rd world tier shit

Grow up kid. For most computational tasks you'll be doing a toaster is good enough.

Newfag please lurk for longer.

Attached: x220.jpg (1359x1500, 182K)

Nigger brain to think a laptop needs a GPU.

Just get a fucking life, if you really need to game, you can run Sudoku and do that on any cpu.

Laptops were intended for work, not for games. Same with smartphones, I'm tired of you losers that can't just use them for work.

I own one. GTX 1070 Max Q and 32 GB RAM. AMA.

I spent a week researching laptops around that price bracket, and eventually decided on something cheaper - the Dell XPS 15 9560. Dell Refurbished lot has them. It gets me that performance, battery life, and gaming potential if I really want it (can play Nier Automata) but ultimately it's a great work laptop. I wouldn't trust the MSI hinges and cooling. Dell also has incredible warranty (they do on sight shit).

I am thinking of getting a P65(the none gamer version). Is there anything that makes you wish you hadn't bought it?

>on sight shit
wat.. you mean on site

I spend too much time in Japanese. I meant on-site, yep.

Literally nobody who has ever reviewed this thing has ever opened a temperature and/or clockspeed monitor to witness it overheat and throttle so bad you swear it's a large macbook. This unit is not designed to EVER handle its internals. Its heatsink was downgraded over the GS63's model (which already had some cooling issues) to save a few cents per unit by MSI, meaning it is hindered by design. It is also expensive in standard MSI fashion. Overpaying for underperforming hardware that overheats is not a good idea. Don't bother with this thing, unless you need exceptional battery life and a unit that can actually run a game... and even then I am inclined to suggest using a desktop and a solid ultrabook.

I urge you to consider something else. Remember: buying bad units (and defending them) just makes OEMs think it's ok to continue developing them in kind. We need less of these, not more

Fuck off boomer.

>he can't render media other than 100 frame clip art slide shows in under a half hour
It must be nice not having to do any sort of graphically intensive tasks for your work, or not caring that everyone around you is disgusted because you're a Luddite.

Nigger, I'm playing 4k video right now enjoying it on my 4k monitor. I'm at home relaxing on a weekend.

If I have a laptop with me, it's so I can do my work while on a trip, not to jerk off and play games.

You kids are either too poor to buy a full dekstop for your entertainment, or are so incredibly stupid that you think laptops ever needed gpu's.

Again, what sort of work do you do on your laop top? You never need to play any video, render anything with decent resolution, no complex diagrams or schematics? I'm a field technician, and I can't tell you how many times it's been a massive time saver to send videos and conference video call.

MSI PL62 with MX150 here. Added SSD. Very happy with, only play older stuff mostly but runs Far Cry 5 fine albeit at 1280. Nice upgrade over 2010 x130e thinkpad lol (Linux box now)

I got the GS63VR a while back and it's alright. The keyboard is mediocre, the trackpad is shit, the power brick is twice as big as it should be, and it's basically a space heater. OTOH, it's got pretty good graphics for a laptop, a nice screen, the fans are pretty quiet even when going full blast, and I'm going to just plug in a mouse any way.

Biggest problem I had was mine came without an SSD and I made the mistake of noting it had a free M.2 slot, so I should get one of those. Turned out you need to remove like 30 screws, 8 or 9 ribbon cables, and the entire logic board and fan assembly to get to that m.2 slot.

Neat machine in theory, it will probably get toasty irl.

I bought a 9560 last year from dell outlet, zero issues with it besides de killer WiFi that I replaced with an intel card, I love mine.

Just get a ps4 or something. Gaming laptops run really hot and don't last more than a year or two.

I happen to like mine
Gtx 1070 Max-q
i7-8750H CPU
24 Gigs of RAM
250 GB of NVME storage with room for one more

Admittedly it does run pretty warm but if you upgrade it with liquid metal it makes it never throttle.

Attached: 1538978035610532.jpg (2304x1728, 220K)

msi skimps skimps on quality components theres a reason they're the lowest price in the market.

"i'm convinced someone, somewhere, cares about my opinion " the post

>msi
i'd rather gamble with acer desu.

you can jerk off with a toaster though

stop shilling your GPUlet shit

i'd rather get a gf desu

xoticpc.com/msi-gt75-titan-056.html

IMO, but also objectively, this is the best gaming laptop, let alone 17.3" MSI laptop, on the market. I'm in the process of buying one myself with some bells and whistles because I have the money to do so, but the only problem for me is to where to buy it from as I've heard bad things about XOTIC PC.

Anything more powerful and you will not be able to utilize it because of thermal or power throttling, or that it's simply not worth it because of the underutilized hardware. Most of the MSI Titan line already comes with 2 bricks because that's actually how much power these sorts of laptops need. Granted, this is only talking about the best of the best laptops on the market. Even though the 18.4" MSI GT83 Titan-016 and 014, ASUS G703GI-XS98K and XS74 and WS91K, Alienware 17 R5 1080, MSI GT75 TITAN-094, and Sager NP9877 are all technically more powerful hardware they're also all basically gimmick pieces for the following:

>thermal throttling
>power throttling
>not being able to reach 120 FPS consistently on some higher settings or 144 basically ever, or just not having a 144Hz screen to support the latter
>the latter in addition to not being able to do so at 4k
>no G-SYNC, and no G-SYNC on any of the 4k displays
>having something like potentially two 1080s but having literally unmanageable thermals and no G-SYNC 4k at 120 or 144 FPS
>or like having a Core i9 that is not optimized for laptops, running several degrees hotter, and which is arguably not meant for gaming

I would prefer a 15.6" myself, but the facts of the matter are that they're not meant for gaming. Don't get me wrong, having a mobile gaming station, which is what these are, has literally never been more viable, but there also has never been more traps to fall into. Anything else is not built to deal with the heat or has other design problems, and their hardware is just objectively lacking when compared to sweet spot that is the 17.3" Titan-056...

Attached: MSI GT75 Titan-056.jpg (2500x2500, 724K)

>implying GPUs are for games only
Absolute pathetic tier of intelligence here

Attached: 1359625138298.png (960x730, 200K)

I have the gs65, fantastic laptop. the performance slider is great. lasts all day on battery while programming. Use it at university for engineering .

You also need to take into consideration on whether getting something without the highest available hardware is a good idea in the long run because the GPU and CPU are built-in and thus unupgradable. The ram accessibility problem some mention is easily dealt with by just getting two sticks, which you will likely not need more of, and specifying upon having it built to put them in the less accessible location so that the rest of the open slots are easier for you to deal with in the future. I WASTED MY TIME FOR DAYS SO THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO!
/rant

Attached: tadda.jpg (1128x1300, 125K)

Read that the chassis can flex compared to the GS63/GS60. Does the keyboard flex significantly anywhere?

You'd buy a quadro if you were being honest, but you're not, you're buying a gaymen leptep

If you want something more portable why not go for a GTX 1070 Alienware 15? High performance on the road and the possibility of running an RTX 2080 Ti at home.

Compare the prices of a GTX 1080 and a Quadro P5200.

Some career if you have to buy a cheap gaymen laptop instead of a workstation.
Usually employers supply the laptop, or this is some arts and crafts mac-tier shit.
Jow Forums is full of gaymen that would fix you up, but you choose to be dishonest and use the guise of work to appeal to neets.

You're a brainlet, modern cpus come with integrated graphics, the argument is needing a fully dedicated gpu.

The very small chance you're a graphics designer that needs to work on the go is so minute, because any graphics designer with a fucking brain would not be doing something like that with a laptop.

>If you want something more portable
Portability is not why I like 15.6" laptops. I'm just used to the smaller screens. I stated my grievances and why despite my preferences the Titan-056 is objectively the best gaming laptop on the market. As it stands, you will be able to reach everything the MSI GT75 Titan-056 sets out to do and with literally the coolest thermals on the market, and depending on where you get it from you can get work done on it for even better cooling. If you want to play the waiting game for better hardware, by all means. Keep in mind that right now other high-end laptops are literally not capable of effectively handling the thermal or power constraints of anything bigger or better. You can certainly get something more powerful, but it would not be efficacious in any sense of the word. For that reason, if you're buying a high-end laptop, now is actually a fantastic time to buy. If you're buying a high-end PC, now is certainly not a great time to do so.

Attached: TFW too intelligent Apu Apustaja.jpg (659x525, 38K)

From what I've read, they are about the same. I purchased this laptop for productivity and video production. Shame that it lacks an SD reader, but I could always get a USB reader for it. It's not like I need a whole dongle for all the I/O like Apple.

There's some small flexing when you press the power button, but other than that a damn good build quality, especially compared to my previous experience with the MSI GS70

>Page 10
This thread is relevant to my interests.

Attached: You have encountered me.png (422x447, 135K)

It will melt in around two years.
Temps are usually over 80°C. Let a little dust settle inside and it will run at 90°C.
Don't buy a laptop for gaymen.
Don't.
Don't.

I've been eyeing this laptop since its cheaper than the Aero 15x, however seeing how cumbersome it is to add more storage/ ram is a huge turn off for me.

Attached: 79F6CCD53C6147C3B041E3D21EFBAD21.jpg (3629x3338, 3.85M)

Changing any components requires taking out the whole motherboard. Everything is on the other side.

>windows
I happen to dislike yours