What went wrong?

Attached: 1512525049762.png (823x844, 509K)

People don't take that many notes

This.
Also, too much bloat.

but the company was worth billions

JEWS

>Make Notepad App
>expand laterally, horizontally, exponentially and fucking sideways till no one knows, wtf its s'posed to be
>forget yourself, wtf you started out to achieve
>Profit! (dont)

startup bubble.

In 2011, I remembering using it then Google Keep came out.

capitalism lol

Attached: 28871828_211947819552072_5100431641487081472_o.jpg (640x1136, 98K)

>Google Keep
does anyone actually use this?

Every evernote employee can look at all your notes. Do you really want some underpaid indian man in his 40s to look at young girls' notes?

Probably not, so they felt the need to rename it.

Attached: google-keep-notes-rename-5.png (1080x1920, 98K)

I do. Its nice.

I use it. It's handy.

I am. It's Lovely. [50000000 rupees has been deposited into your account (0,00USD value) REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING]

sure, but only for basic shit like shopping lists or to take down quick reminders

Why wouldn't I just use Microsoft OneNote

Writing increases retention. Studying on paper is best if you're going to be tested on paper with only paper for scribbling your work.

I've looked at these smart note products, but I own a smartphone and a scanner, so they seem pretty redundant.

to save MILLIONS

i used to, but then remembered saving pasta woukd be read and I don't want to lose my account since Google adopted the same User CoC that M$ has where "hate speech" wikk cause an account to be shuttered
so I use Open FOSS Notes now

A simple notepad app in your mobile is better that Evernote. Dunno evernote need a heavy, bloated app for "organize ideas, receipts and personal paper" with no-offline mode in his basic plans

Attached: Traditional_Cornish_Jack-o'-Lantern_made_from_a_turnip.jpg (720x960, 159K)

>15 percent of staff
>several of its executives
how the fuck do you have so many employees when all you make is a note taking application
like seriously, the core of your business is saving text files

Literally just use a plain text editor

I liked evernote's organization system more than onenote's.
I stopped using it though when I started caring about security and realized they store everything in plain text. Also they tried too many side projects instead of improving the core

evernote had like a thousand employees

good lord
how the fuck do you even make that much money with a note taking program to even hire that many people

>how the fuck do you even make that much money with a note taking program to even hire that many people
sell every single user's data within the notes

>Evernote raised a total of $290M in funding over 11 rounds. The latest funding came from a Series E round on Nov 9, 2014.
money don't spend themselves

What the fuck is wrong with investors?
Why do they let themselves be taken advantage of by scummy executives so often?

>evernote
literally who

nothing is wrong with investors user, it's rent seeking for all the money printed by the fed which is in the 10s of trillions.

>not using Lesser Pad
It's also FOSS and on Fdroid

>unironically thinking kikes are the losers

I use it far too much. It's kinda scary considering how much Google loves deprecating services without warning.

I've always used Pushbullet which I've always found to do what it does very well. I can save links, reminders, articles, links, a draft of something I'm writing for later when I get to a computer.
For a shopping list or quick n2s, a yellow post it is typically more useful because it's hard to remember to check the notes on my phone to remember something.

they were fairly early to the App Party, had a lot of initial user traction, prob. also made a shitload then. The irresistible temptation towards expansion is human nature tho, but they should have just left the core app, and built other shit to go kiting with. AFAIK the app itself prob. died of feature creep, haven't seen/used in years.

Evernote still exists?

500+ employees on linkedin still

Doing what?

Besides getting laid off

I never used this stupid bullshit but then my girlfriend made me install it for shopping lists or something retarded.

Girlies love lists. Esp. ones with 'Wedding' in the title, happy as pigs in shit then. In all srs, figure FemListers were 80%+ Evernotes income - typing lists of shit to buy while looking at it, that's a market.

>What went wrong?

NSA
MICROSOFT AND APPLE OFFERED A FREE AND BETTER ALTERNATIVE

I use it, tried pretty much all the alternatives you don't need an account for, and google keep was hands down the best
also have AFWall+ (rooted and xposed) so no need to fear

> paying for botnet
Why pay for it when you have botnets that are for free?

>Doing what?
being sjws

This is what i use too.

>not just using office 365
>not just having a google drive of documents in folders
never saw the appeal of using another program

anything similar to Simplenotes?

Man, valuation of things is so fucked up due to investors. It's just a basic program that takes notes ffs.

I write shit down on paper in my lectures

this desu but unironically. I have 100GB

Attached: ODD.png (347x38, 3K)

What does Jow Forums use instead of evernote? Any good recommendations from your experience?

We should use taxpayer money to bail out the notes app industry

>you need many employees to maintain a shitty notepad app
the current state of tech

>instead of improving the core

this. It's still slow and prone to note duplication.

Same. Used Evernote until there was no free tier, immediately jumped ship to OneNote and never looked back.

I just use syncthing

They started off with a simple concept - popping stuff into evernote and using it as your "second brain" - and shitted it up with extra stuff nobody wanted, while the core product was left to fester and rot.

Personally after I lost half my notes due to a sync bug, I jumped ship.

Every single alternate solution I've used has been shit. They usually have a clunky UI, even worse sync, and they like to use markdown while omitting many of the pdf, image search, and web clip storage features I liked from Evernote.

was too botnetty for me

Huh? Unless I'm missing something, there is a free version.

>and shitted it up with extra stuff nobody wanted, while the core product was left to fester and rot
as usually.
Therefore I prefer the Unix way where everything is based on simple utilities.

Just send yourself a fuckin email, text or write it down.

It's a pyramid scheme.

OneNote is free, and Apple and Google offer basic note taking for free.

Used evernote till they limited number of synced devices in free version.

Went with goolag keep but it's piece of shit.

Modern note keeping apps insisting on using tags instead of folders and subfolders really grinds my gears.

Why just not taking note retard?

>What went wrong?
hiring 200 people for a fucking note app

Botnet

I use my Synology Note Station for that.

>What went wrong?
It was another Web 2.0 startup that kicked out a product without a plan to make any money. You either have to go population supernova like FB and Twitter or flake away like all the others who run out of money. It is more of a surprise that they lasted as long as they did.

Attached: 1537826478328.png (1022x731, 643K)

It stopped being good at what it was supposed to do and did a bunch of things really badly.

Also Google Keep / Microsoft OneNote exist so there's zero reason to use it.

>Guys, we need an app idea ASAP!
>Ermm, how about... uhmm... I've got it! notepad.exe in the cloud!
>*everybody starts clapping and finances a few billions*

Should've added proxy support to their stupid python libary.

>permissions: microphone

This reminds me of one of the recent Joe Rogan podcasts. One of his guests casually mentioned that they take notes on their computer for ideas etc.
Joe Rogan then tried to steer the conversation towards that as it seemed interesting, like how the guest is taking care of all that and how he's trying to get shit done etc. He then asked what he uses and the guest replied with something along the lines of "Oh, no idea what it's called, like, notepad or something, it comes with every PC, just some simple writing app, nothing special"

People that believe getting shit done relies on the tool used are tools themselves.

Attached: 1536305976418.jpg (748x503, 34K)

Because they built their business trying to create something better than paper and failed.

>Personally after I lost half my notes due to a sync bug, I jumped ship.
>Every single alternate solution I've used has even worse sync
a..user...

relax, its OK for shitdroid

also
>to scan wi-fi APs you need turn on "location"

C'mon people! Let's give these guys a break. They had a vision for something great and they tried their best to make it happen. Not every business succeeds, in fact almost many fail. They had the guts, the vision and the nerve to be great.

No, it wasn’t.
Wall Street, who are increadibly dumb and detached from actual economic principles, and incapable of long term thought, believed it was.

Lesser Pad and Standard Notes are great evernote alternatives.

it was a peak bubble company founded on dumb and extremely judaic premises.

I use simplenote now cause i didnt need any features that evernote has besides pc to phone cloud save. Its barebones, but at least it didnt take forever to open on your phone.

Feature creep and lack of vision. People aren't going to pay more and more money just for notes and the rest of the shit they don't want.