Everyone BTFO by china

discuss

Attached: 1538959783445.gif (1900x654, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GossiTheDog/status/1048322164653535232
uk.reuters.com/article/us-china-cyber-britain/uk-cyber-security-agency-backs-apple-amazon-china-hack-denials-idUKKCN1MF1DN
reuters.com/article/us-china-cyber-dhs/dhs-says-no-reason-to-doubt-firms-china-hack-denials-idUSKCN1MH00Y
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-amazon-apple-supermicro-and-beijing-respond?srnd=businessweek-v2
digi.no/artikler/forsvarsdepartementet-skroter-utstyr-etter-spionavsloring/448014
vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/1k9EQK/forsvarsdepartementet-kjoepte-utstyr-for-533-000-droppes-etter-kina-avsloering
youtube.com/watch?v=Lg73GKm7GgI
reuters.com/article/us-china-cyber-apple/apple-tells-congress-it-found-no-signs-of-hacking-attack-idUSKCN1MH0YQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who's china

china quarity and leputation

fake news, how can a chip that small even have enough pins to affect the board?

Nope

Authors wrote BS before: twitter.com/GossiTheDog/status/1048322164653535232

Bloomberg article is extremely light on technical details and contains several technical inaccuracies. Also, GCHQ, DHS, Apple, Amazon and Supermicro all completely refute the story:

uk.reuters.com/article/us-china-cyber-britain/uk-cyber-security-agency-backs-apple-amazon-china-hack-denials-idUKKCN1MF1DN
reuters.com/article/us-china-cyber-dhs/dhs-says-no-reason-to-doubt-firms-china-hack-denials-idUSKCN1MH00Y

not trying to defend bloomberg, but if I was a company accused of this I would initially deny it as well wouldn't I?

>t. Chinese intelligence officer

i'm onto you

nice tly fliend

looks like a big setup to put some type of sanctions at international lvl, expect info directly from the white house

You would deny it or say no comment. You wouldn't completely refute the story with significant detail, like they did.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-amazon-apple-supermicro-and-beijing-respond?srnd=businessweek-v2

Amazon:
>The pre-acquisition audit described four issues with a web application (not hardware or chips) that SuperMicro provides for management of their motherboards. All these findings were fully addressed before we acquired Elemental. The first two issues, which the auditor deemed as critical, related to a vulnerability in versions prior to 3.15 of this web application (our audit covered prior versions of Elemental appliances as well), and these vulnerabilities had been publicly disclosed by SuperMicro on 12/13/2013.

Apple:
>Each time, we have conducted rigorous internal investigations based on their inquiries and each time we have found absolutely no evidence to support any of them. We have repeatedly and consistently offered factual responses, on the record, refuting virtually every aspect of Bloomberg’s story relating to Apple.

>On this we can be very clear: Apple has never found malicious chips, “hardware manipulations” or vulnerabilities purposely planted in any server. Apple never had any contact with the FBI or any other agency about such an incident. We are not aware of any investigation by the FBI, nor are our contacts in law enforcement.

>In response to Bloomberg’s latest version of the narrative, we present the following facts: Siri and Topsy never shared servers; Siri has never been deployed on servers sold to us by Super Micro; and Topsy data was limited to approximately 2,000 Super Micro servers, not 7,000. None of those servers has ever been found to hold malicious chips.

Yeah, I'm sure the DHS and the GCHQ are Chinese spies.

Finally, Supermicro:

>While we would cooperate with any government investigation, we are not aware of any investigation regarding this topic nor have we been contacted by any government agency in this regard. We are not aware of any customer dropping Supermicro as a supplier for this type of issue.

>Furthermore, Supermicro doesn’t design or manufacture networking chips or the associated firmware and we, as well as other leading server/storage companies, procure them from the same leading networking companies.

Bloomberg is simply wrong on this one.

who here Chinese and proud?

buy buy buy, easy 25% gain

I was watching a documentary about PCB manufacturing in China, and even though the workers are probably paid shit, I couldn't help but feel envious that these Chinese get to be exposed to the manufacturing of high technology, while an entire generation of Westerners don't get that opportunity, and to top it all off, OF COURSE China fucks with us by putting in a module to spy on us - I mean why wouldn't they?

Bring that manufacturing home, let White boys learned about manufacturing computers as is their birthright (since they invented them).

If you had bought 2 days ago when it was at $10 you would already have made 24% gains. It's at $12.4 now.

Unironically a fantastic time to buy Supermicro stock. They were at $20 before the story dropped and they did nothing wrong.

He's standing behind you right now, isn't he?

proud of putting a visible chip instead of hiding it inside a bigger one?
looks very dumb if you ask me

>Bring that manufacturing home, let White boys learned about manufacturing computers as is their birthright (since they invented them).
I hope you enjoy paying literally 10 times the price for the same hardware.

>OF COURSE China fucks with us by putting in a module to spy on us - I mean why wouldn't they?
If they did, the DHS doesn't seem to believe it. See

bloomberg should be investigated for insider trading

Nope. Blackbird does not have this problem and that's my next upgrade.

Attached: raptor-talos-deska-blackbird-openpower-summit-02.jpg (3090x2757, 811K)

>traveling so much a desktop is impractical
Kill me now

Build a luggable
You could fix it into a form factor of a T3200

What exactly is your point?

How can a cable with 8 pins connected to my computer make remote procedure calls to a server in the other side of the world making it do something it wouldn't otherwise do?

gentoo will protect me

It's basically slave labor my man. They aren't designing the shit. The white man still does it that for big name companies.

>The state of UNITED STATE of AMERICA getting jew'ed and chink'ed.

>getting jew'ed and chink'ed.
Well, it was literally founded to be done the first one to, the second one is just something they have to deal with that bigger people can profit more.

So have they actually found this phantom chip on any board?

I forgot they also getting vatnik'ed. Who next iran and north korea?

>Bloomberg
>berg

based commissar zhao

See >Yeah, I'm sure the DHS and the GCHQ are Chinese spies.

OP here. Thanks for the Interesting replies

fly blackbird

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO DESU

LAUGHING EMOJI
OK HAND EMOJI
O N E
H U N D R E D
E M O J I

Quality shitpost

Attached: 1410761640454.jpg (640x702, 56K)

Yes you absolute retard

>t. Zhao bergstein

kek

still waiting for the tech writeup

Sew lacist!

last night i checked what kind of traffic stops at my firewall and i was confused why some ip's send bash commands to specific udp port. i found out that those packets are destined to chink routers which do execute every fucking payload it receives on that udp port.

Attached: 1360759021979.png (630x700, 35K)

Please tell me more about this "slavery" obese burger man.

Attached: 52dff849ecad04e61952c533-750-505.jpg (750x505, 49K)

that's relative growth you retard. 2 times more than $2/day is $4/day.

2.5x wage growth in 5 years isn't something to sneeze at, cost of living went nowhere in that same time, Mexico and some parts of Europe are now cheaper for manufacturing than China, except with electronics they have all the infrastructure so it's hard for companies to leave.

China was starting from a FAR lower baseline.

>bloomberg
>insider trading
Well what do we have here. Nothing to see. Stop pointing fingers at us

This.
Just creating public support for the trade war.

Get a PowerBook G4

Of course they would say that, wouldn't they?

Meanwhile Norwegian intelligence services confirm the story and say they were informed earlier this summer. Supermicro servers are being thrown out.

Deny, deny, deny

It's such a huge security problem and would cost them so much money that it's the only thing they can do.

The boards themselves are probably in extensive use and the companies can't afford to just rip them all out and replace them without taking financial hits that will raise questions.

We'll find out 5 years from now it was real and bloomberg jumped the gun on the stroy.

Source?
If you know where to look it's not hard to find this chips.
They wouldn't throw stuff out after just being told this.
They would have confirmed by now.

Just accept the superiority of the Based Chinks, and everything will be better for you.

Attached: 0E75BD89-94A0-4E76-A483-97E4ED29A271.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

>Source?
Sure. Feed this into your favourite translator:
digi.no/artikler/forsvarsdepartementet-skroter-utstyr-etter-spionavsloring/448014

Also here:
vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/1k9EQK/forsvarsdepartementet-kjoepte-utstyr-for-533-000-droppes-etter-kina-avsloering
They state they knew already in June.

Communism is a fucking meme, I am glad those malicious chips got discovered, applause to the Bloomberg for bringing this to light, President Trump clearly has been in the know pushing on China while China has been dishonest and just in general trashy in every single avenue

Attached: 08EA0824-4D8C-41A9-B5EA-CDADB61E218D.jpg (530x650, 106K)

Holy fuck. Gag order confirmed. This story is some real life X-Files shit.

Quick what's the best way for me to buy SM stock? I don't have any accounts with any trading sites.

Not a US citizen btw, tried robinhood but it's burger only

>buying into FOMO

It’s too late dude. The market has made the money it’s going to make. If you think you know sometning AI trading bots don’t you’re mistaken. You’re asking how to lose money.

yeah apparently its bullshit. apple/amazon and others have no fucking idea what theyre on about. having published denials, which would go through layers of lawyers smarter than any of us - is an awful lot of confidence that its a heap of made up bull shit.

other than this article, theres nothing on this. good speculation, maybe a wake up call or possibility or it was tried - but not the scale suggested

True, seems like stock market trading requires way more info to sign up with than crypto so it's not worth the effort anyway.

Just to clarify, if there was any possibility this was a thing they would say
>we can not comment at the moment
as they have in the past. blunt denials such as
>we have not had any government bodies contact us regarding this issue nor are any of our contacts within law enforcement aware of such an investigation
if they WERE true, in any way - they face billions in fines already

Billions of dollars at stake or a bunch of wannabe reporters hmmmm

You trust what billion dollar companies say? You know their sole goal in existence is to maximize profit right? You just turn your brain off at the “he said/she said stage”? Get the fuck off Jow Forums.

Blunt denials would be securities fraud. If it weren’t for securities fraud lawsuits they would do it. Complying with gag orders would absolve them of that. You think they’re going to turn down free money to threaten national security? You gotta be kidding me.

So... When's the lawsuit against (((Bloomberg))) coming?

The cost of living in China is skyrocketing, especially in Shenzhen.

Never. You think a money printing company that relies on its reputation to exist would defame the most valuable companies on the planet? Lotta airheads around here.

If the gag order is based on national security I'd guess national security trumps SEC. And we still have no idea how big this is. Supermicro is going down but what about pars where it all is made in China? Lenovo, ZTE and Huawei can have had these functions added with no way for us to discover it.

make me

China is the future and there's nothing you can do about it.

stock up 10% already

That is what people said about Japan back in the 90's.

So would this only be useful with other tech? It apparently weakened security of the IPMI or whatever but I dont think it would allow someone to get to it through a firewall.

Would this need a man on the inside to take advantage of?

Soon robots will be making all this shit why would the cost difference still be huge?

Because there's still a lot of human labour involved in production.

It's not made in China for no reason. It's made there because it's cheaper and lets them sell at a better price.

>2 ram slots
JUST

>only 1 full sized PCIe port
>only 4 sata ports
i like their idea of their computers, but they still need to unfuck the ports situation.

What you need for a chip and serial communication:
>VCC
>GND
>Tx
>Rx

>fly blackbird
In style. Shul style. youtube.com/watch?v=Lg73GKm7GgI

reuters.com/article/us-china-cyber-apple/apple-tells-congress-it-found-no-signs-of-hacking-attack-idUSKCN1MH0YQ

Tell me, retards. Would they lie to Congress too?

Fuck your shit up? What did you expect from a low cost part?

Attached: boardlarge.png (1500x1000, 1.31M)

>Would they lie to Congress too?
When you have a gag order from the alphabet soup agencies: yes. Haven't you realised yet the US has secret court orders for years now?

What would the gag order achieve, especially if the story is still up?

>apple-tells

>former employee says: "I don't know"
>former employee contacts fbi/and some other source
>both sources declined to comment
How the fuck is that in any way "completely refuted"? Which part?

So if there's a gag order, why was the Bloomberg article published at all? All evidence points to them knowing the Bloomberg article was being written at least a year in advance. If there was a gag order they'd put one on Bloomberg too to keep the whole thing hush.

Read the thread. See my post here

well the other motherboard is still probably more expensive than most motherboards for x86 CPUs.
also that one you just posted still doesnt really have enough for me. right now im using exactly 3 PCIe ports(which is all that one has) and 5 SATA ports. and i also sometimes like to plug in extra SATA devices. also that motherboard still only has 3 USB ports.

this

Would someone post a link to the original story? I have no idea WTF is going on.

I thought that was just dirt on my screen.

What are you doing that takes up three x16 slots?
The board he posted has an SFF connector for SAS and a SAS controller, which brings the total of SATA ports to 12.
>still only has 3 USB ports.
Two 3.0 on the back, one 2.0 internal, one 2.0 header and one 3.0 header. That's seven USB ports right there.

can I buy dirt cheap high end supermicro servers now?

WANT
when can I get one

who gives a fuck? You want tons of ports and slots get the expensive one. for a cheap part, I am a-ok with only 2 ram slots, 2 pcie slots, and 4 sata ports

Like this?

Attached: Matryoshkacap.jpg (603x400, 48K)

Attached: 1521044013889.jpg (1170x1974, 287K)

On one hand, modifying the design of hardware as complicated as a modern motherboard without destroying it or being obvious with a bypass device is extremely difficult. On the other, nation state like China actually had the resources and access to do this.
Of course no major companies are going to come out and admit their hardware got physically hacked. First, that would be picking a fight with China. Second, that would cause all customers to question the hardware in their hands.

Attached: 1422504029882.png (432x504, 125K)

>What are you doing that takes up three x16 slots?
actually im only using 1 x16 slot and 2 x1 slots