Python is a great programming language! Python appreciation thread

Python is a great programming language! Python appreciation thread.

Attached: 7Vn9f.jpg (3840x1080, 412K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/webpy/webpy/blob/master/web/session.py
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

master/slave

:=

What the fuck is going on in that code?

github.com/webpy/webpy/blob/master/web/session.py

That's gross.

I need to learn it for my job, what am I in for ?

Comfy times.

The Java of dynamic languages.

python legitimately restored my love for programming. Compared to C++ it just werks

good, I need it to step up on [spoiler]QGIS[/spoiler]

DeprecationWarning: Flags not at the start of the expression

how do I fix this for re.search?

gib proper flag use example, google hasn't been very clear

I appreciate python for how quickly it allows me to get shit up and running, even if it's ugly to look at sometimes.

>Compared to C++ it just werks

Attached: 16e.jpg (903x960, 52K)

easy to learn, easy to use, lots of libraries to basically do your job for you.

Learn about the PYTHONPATH early, otherwise you'll be wondering why in the fuck imports don't work when [you believe] they should.

I'm not a fan of Python.

As it's a dynamic language, it doesn't scale beyond small programs.
It requires interfacing to Java or C/C++ to get any speed or usefulness out of it.
It's neither OO or FP, which means it just works but it doesn't have any of the power tools of either paradigm.

But it does have a REPL and seems to work regardless of how badly implemented an idea is.

>As it's a dynamic language, it doesn't scale beyond small programs.
sure, that's why big websites such as youtube, instagram, dropbox, reddit, ... are using it for doing backend development, amiright? what big programs have you designed?

You are confusing Python with go. While these companies use both, things that require performance are written in go. user is right Python doesn't scale. That's literally why Google invented go and made it easy for python devs to pick up. Try again pycuck shill.

/thread

as long as you don't have to deal with nitty gritty details it's easy to use. get a python virtual environment. I don't know how the current one is called

can I get a job if I learn python and know virtually nothing else about computers?

Is that why everything written in Python is so resource consuming?

Hello pajeet

I like to pretend classes aren't classes but structs for global variables instead, anyone else do this?

Attached: 1536188669746.png (255x204, 50K)

I'm a white geography grad who realized he fucked up, can you just answer my question?

>virtually nothing else about computers
Not very specific so difficult to say. Geography? I didn't even know you could major in that. What do they teach? Is it a bunch of memorization? If so, nothing you learned will transfer over. How easy is it for you to learn knew things?

you should create new env for serious projects

It was a bunch of shit about rivers, mainly colouring things in. I can learn new things pretty easily and I can take 6 months or so out before I get nagged to find a job. I have very basic experience with SQL and I've built a PC / installed Linux but I would say I am pretty retarded compared to average compsci grad

is there a way to reduce memory usage of my various python scripts? with pypy cython or nuitka?

>compared to average compsci grad
A low bar believe me. Your better off then you think. Go to a Python boot camp for some technology you find interesting. Then apply. You should be fine.

/otherboard/er please go back

Fuck off shill, and take your meme language with you