Can I still use this?

I wanna write little tools for work and at work we all use Win7.
Are there any downsides to using VB6?
Its the only programming language I ever worked with (well, its been ten years since then and I was 15yo but anyway), and I dont wanna learn a new language (I am not working as a programmer)

Attached: 210px-Visual_Basic_6.0_logo.png (210x208, 49K)

You can do a lot of stuff using Visual Basic and libraries... It's very simple and straitforward. I'd suggest you download a legal copy from winworldpc and start programming!

just learn C# already
its easy

just use delphi comunity edition

I use this crook of shit to beat up office docs until they do stuff it was never intended to.

I fucking hate it.

>Are there any downsides to using VB6?
Try to stay completely unaware about any other solution and you might not kill yourself. So yeah, it's fine.

It's supported in Windows 10, so yeah you can.

It works mostly but save your work more frequently than you would on a win32 machine because some bs could happen at run time, also download VB6ScrollwheelFix to get scrolling working.

no database components

If you haven't used VB6 in 10 years then there isn't a good reason to not learn VB.NET since you're going to be looking things you forgot anyways. VB.NET syntax is very similar to VB6 but includes the .NET framework so you don't have to reference DLLs anymore for windows API.

and thats a good thing?

Attached: 1465021895460.png (600x600, 116K)

Pretty sure they wrote stardew valley in Visual basic op

You could never use it, you could only be used by it.

Don't do this. I also learned VB6. It was okay. Then I tried learning VB#... it was like going from grade 1 maths to university calculus level shit, I had no fucking clue what was going on. Learn Python or stick with VB6

not supported in w7, you will have to revert to xp

Everyone’s moved to Electron for babby’s first apps.

If you just want to automate some tasks learn windows's batch language and autohotkeys, it will be 1000x easier than writing a vb script

TOAD for oracle is written in delphi

Just learn assembler OP.

Don't do this, eventually your program will require to run on a Win10 device, and it'll just restart the machine in the middle of your batch file and fuck everything up.

>VB6 -> VB.NET
>. it was like going from grade 1 maths to university calculus level shit
>Python
The bare thought that people like that make probably more money than I'll ever do makes my blood boil.

how is not to have to reference DLLs a bad thing
That being said, not because it's so much of a better language, but because it seems there is less support from now on, eg. in .Net Core.