I unironically like Edge

IDK it just seems to be an ok browser, works fine didnt have a problem so far (a year)

Why do people hate it ?

Attached: microsoft-edge-logo-icon-4sts.jpg (1600x900, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

windowscentral.com/best-adblockers-microsoft-edge
toastytech.com/evil/ieisevilstory.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: apLr2H6.jpg (735x1416, 234K)

Does it have uMatrix and uBlock?

It does. Jus look on windows store

windowscentral.com/best-adblockers-microsoft-edge

>blocky pajeet GUI
>random freezes
>random crashes
>can’t play webm vp8
>ugly af font rendering
>no settings
>only on botnet 10

uBlock, yes.. uMatrix, no.

i like mozilla firefox on my windows 7 :)

Straight into the bin it goes

Thats okay some people are just gay

I've kinda grown used to having uMatrix, so that's a no for me.

It's faster than chrome, but there's nothing to tinker with.

The extension support is trash

Good for you shill..
Enjoy your shitty OS

You are fooling no one IE! Come on, it's the exact same caching mechanism, even private mode still uses the disk cache!

its not, it uses different engine

Started off as a good technology base that got borked by Windows updates. Now it doesn't function until Windows is fully, and completely done loading (and this is with a M.2 drive).
It does a mediocre job with PDFs, and eBooks. Not sure why MS shoved that functionality in there.
The UI design is awful. That omnibus favorites/downloads/everything else magic button is everything but. The one actual menu doesn't expose anything important.

Attached: 1493164086076.jpg (720x715, 67K)

Unironically the best Jow Forums client to have ever existed. Views webms, runs uBlock, and has the best GPU acceleration so image-based sites loads the fastest. Power-efficient too.
I use chromium for everything else.

I use Edge, good GPU acceleration plays 4K and higher videos with barely any CPU usage.
Ublock is good, is not a ram whore like chrome.

Ironically I didn't have a problem with the 1809 update and edge is even better.

Also Edge is literally the only browser that's good with a touch screen on my windows tablet.

Microsoft was too late in the browser's race and tried to get advantage pushing lots of unacceptable shit like Internet Explorer into customers, this made users become very suspicious about sftuff Microsoft do for internet.

toastytech.com/evil/ieisevilstory.html

Attached: in-is-evil.jpg (1352x593, 683K)

It actually does play webm 8 and 9 now. I will say the lack of extensions is kind of meh though. I dont understand why either since it comes on most pcs you would think it has built in install base for adoption.

PLEASE SIR

Attached: mpvshot0214.jpg (640x480, 44K)

Where do you get theese jobs at microsoft?

Because rendering pictures takes more time than transfering them on a network, or other browsers "one sync frame" isn't good enought.

>PDFs
you wouldn't have a pdf-reader with a bare install

wtf are you on about ?

Because the scrollbars are fucking broken.

Attached: image.jpg (2736x1824, 1.75M)

You need to find out to which companies they outsource their marketing, and follow it from there.

at the designated shitting street

it doesn't add anything to be a viable alternative to firefox or chrome

because i hate safari and browsers based on it

It only works on win10. Salty win7 boomers can't get it to work.

Attached: 1706EFF298544B6084868F41D19B62CE.gif (284x264, 69K)

delet

Attached: 1536560416270.png (434x327, 55K)

>garbEdge

Attached: g - I unironically like Edge - Technology - 4chan - Mozilla Firefox.png (2269x1366, 270K)

You're retarded. Nothing is based on "safari." Safari is based on webkit. Google Chrome is based on an altered version of webkit. Edge runs on EdgeHTML, which is proprietary by Microsoft.

kys

Does edge have tree style tabs?

Attached: index.jpg (198x254, 16K)

I don't know, I'm one of the salty boomers who can't run it because I only have win7 and win8.1 machines. Win10 seems like a trainwreck, even if it has a nice browser.

kys

Because MS hate justifies the terabytes of pirated MS software they use on the downlow. It's why we call them "freetards": because "hypocrites" was already taken.

edge best waifu

>not using eolie in the $current_year

Attached: CC6.png (432x432, 80K)

Using it right now, don't have much to complain about; the GPU rendering is nice though so video/image sites plays really nice with it. Main browser is still chromium tho, extensions are what makes a browser.
Gonna try 1809 in a few days, the improvements there to Edge are really nice.

We here hate 'cause it's a spyware botnet,
but that's not why Normies hate it.

Why Normies hate it? Dunno.

Fix the freaking scroll bars. Edge is hideous with the retarded always on scrollbars they introduced with the first creators update. They are literally gone in tablet mode and the ones in the sub menus hide themselves. It's just the shitty web page scroll bars, that stay on always and are pure white even in dark theme.

>keep yourself safe
Thanks, I will.

No/minimal extensions

I don't, but it does have its problems.

PROS:
Literally the ONLY browser in existence to store bookmarks as plain .url files instead of some assfuck retarded proprietary database file that wipes out everything you have if it gets corrupted.

CONS:
20 years late to the extensions game.
Only got uBlock origin support this year, but still no good mouse gesture extension.

Attached: 1525991285673.png (1307x2000, 3.53M)

Because they've been told internet explorer is a bad browser their whole life through reddit memes and when edge was released they convinced themselves it was just like internet explorer and hated it by default.

I've been using it on mobile and PC recently. There's a few tiny gripes I have, but otherwise it's pretty good

Your points are correct, but I do appreciate having a PDF and ePub reader right out of the box, in case I need that sort of thing.