Is it worth buying the full version of Malwarebytes?

Is it worth buying the full version of Malwarebytes?

Attached: mb-logo-2.png (470x247, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably not, i got a key for free once and i just don't think it's worth the money. It's not botnet-free btw.

Install GNU/Linux.

malwarebytes is *NOT* an antivirus, it's an antimalware which means it's primary use is removing ads.

the first version was written in visual basic by a stupid boy to remove ads.

it tries to be an antivirus but it lacks serious features to protect your system from real malware.

t. working in a major security company and has friends in malwarebytes.

All that shit is useless unless you click on every link in your spam folder.

not worth it
if you have common sense and you sometimes fuckup just clean it with mbam

>he didnt get the free lifetime premium licenses a decade ago

Attached: 1532097776494.png (380x349, 70K)

just run combofix once and use common sense fucking idiot.

Here is what you should do
>download sysinternals suite
>run autoruns.exe as admin, enable virustotal reports and image verification in settings
>hide microsoft entries, verified images etc. check vt results of what's left
>do the same with process explorer for the actively running processes.
if everything is ok, no need to use any antivirus.

Are there any anti-viruses tho? Are all ''antiviruses'' really Anti-Malware. My avast has saved me like 3 times from running malicious shit that i feel bad for using a free key

Is there any anti-virus actually worth using? I've always heard they were a meme.

No. Common sense and frequent updates are all you need. Don't run .exes from any site remotely sketchy. Install Linux if needed.

The version of Malwarebytes is Gentoo.

no it is anti virus they claim so on their site, it's anti malware and anti virus

Paying for software is like paying for sex, do it if you can afford it.

here's how most of the """antivirus""" companies work.

>get new files from virustotal that's not detected by you but detected by other AV (VT gives this service to many AV companies)
>cluster them, generate signature (mostly automatic process)
>update your db.

there are few companies that have a good AV lab and actually detect zeroday malware, Eset and Kaspersky are the best two.

Eset is best in general, it will detect almost anything and it's software is extremely stable, also has a very fast engine, we usually compare our engine speed with eset.
Kaspersky has slightly better AV lab, especially for advanced threats and rootkits, but their software is not very reliable, can stuck in the middle of update or scan, engine speed is also not very good.

If you want to pay, pay for eset, if you don't want to pay, use kasperksy free antivirus.

>he doesn't crack it
YES GOY, GOOD GOY PAY UP THE FEE AND GET GOOD GOY POINTS

It it worth it if it's an important computer. However you're better off not using Windows altogether if you want a secure system.
Malwarebytes is BETTER then Windows Defender.

>Kaspersky
Wait, isn't that one owned by the Russian government?

Attached: 1538363986884.jpg (740x713, 164K)

Why are people using malwarebytes when roguekillercmd exists

Attached: 1514681559884.png (821x429, 434K)

I use McAfee and it's good so far

It is owned by rusks and might mine your data but it works.

better than americans or chinks to have your data.

checked

Attached: x.png (216x215, 8K)

Shut up, John.

youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg

You mean "don't do it unless you want to get fucked", right?

I had a testing VM and this piece of shit barely detected anything compared to other AVs.

>trusting the beverage vertical of an american fast food corporation with your security

>not using nod32 30 day trial
>not using tor to bypass all the sites it blocks to get more free keys

>still using memeav 4 years after we stopped recommending it

If you're someone like my aunt that gets scammed by out of $500 by pajeet's "You have Zeus Wirus pls call Micrusoff Teksupport at 1-800-fuckmeintheass" popups, then yes.

Why do Jow Forumstards still believe that this is 2005, and malware writers haven't taken measures to not get detected?

huh? MB has deteced RATs and Trojans and deleted them off my box before after visiting questionable sites
MB is the go-to my dude

and yet it performs better than norton and kasparsky
you're also wrong by the way

>common sense
Morons, the internet is more dangerous to just browse than ever

so...it's worth buying?

Attached: 1538176245918.jpg (500x489, 37K)

will you trust people who got INFECTED by rats and trojans kek.

Attached: smug_army_pepe2.png (450x768, 49K)

hey fuck you pal, I was desperate to root my old phone and did stupid things in desperation, I've learned from my mistakes
meh, the free version works fine as long as you update it and schedule scans, but if you want the real time shit I guess it could be worth it

What I like about Eset is that their plain Nod32 AV is lighter than even Windows Defender. Sometimes you can find very cheap keys too if you look around.

Attached: 1011201201242.jpg (720x720, 81K)

>2018
>using antivirus and malware memes

mbam is literal garbage

no, just don't click weird links

just run it and uninstall it
keep using free trial

>t. working in a major security company and has friends in malwarebytes.
Yes yes of course you do

>that a boomer who says use common sense + windows defender + adblocker (uorigin)
I havent used an antivirus in years and I cant see any difference so far. Is it mostly a placebo?

Yes. Buy the Family Package too.

Your computer must have gotten cancer at this point.