Redpill me on Fritzbox

Redpill me on Fritzbox

Attached: 930566_2__60318-2.jpg (1280x1280, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ip-phone-forum.de/threads/anleitung-zum-Ändern-des-branding-bei-fritzbox-auch-für-daus.203652/
github.com/Freetz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>only 100M
throw it in le garbage

Where the fuck are you getting >100Mbit DSL, bro?

Does it have free-range circuits?

Just some random image, doesn't have to be this model.
I'd prefer some OSS solution, but single VDSL modems pretty much don't exist.

>he doesn't know what VDSL2+ or G.fast are.

that's the integrated VDSL modem you retard

if it goes for consumer routers it is probably the best you can get. can't do everything but what it does usually works pretty good. also unlike others they update the firmware for 5y and more

I had one back in the day for an ADSL line. It was based as fuck.

Many neat features like the ability to give you a rough location of a break in the line.

how is this better than an archer c7? OH WAIT IT'S NOT

Yeah, I moved to civilization and have my choice of cable and fiber now, so fuck xDSL.

None of these existed when the 7490 was released, the new models do support it

>civilization
>cable

HFC is shit and shouldn't be in the same sentence as fiber.

He probably works in the marketing dept. of a cable company

Nope, just a consumer who knows that 200Mbit cable is faster than any DSL that has ever been offered to me by a damn country mile.

overpriced chink trash with "made in germany" (which is shit for IT products anyway)

Well modern DSL offerings can hit 1gbps+ if you're close enough to the node.

Hell, XG-Fast can deliver 10gbps over copper on distances less than 130 meters.

G.Fast (gigabit DSL) can outrun most cable technolgies

>if you're close enough to the node.
30cm

As I said just under that, 130 meters for 10gbps using the latest DSL tech.

>the new models do support it
They don't. None of the specs say anything besides ADSL and VDSL. If they supported the G.fast standard, they'd say so. Like the modems already on the market for G.fast do.

That one is 5 years old and not the latest model
VDSL 250 is being rolled out, I already have it
They are pretty good and just werk. Only absolute autismos who need to configure every detail with muh openwrt would miss some options.

7590 does support VDSL2+, 7582 and 7583 G.Fast

>200Mbit cable is faster than any DSL
enjoy your 10Mbit/s upload

>He doesn't have symmetrical 1Gb/s speeds

>7582 and 7583 G.Fast
So literally two models that aren't on their website support it. Cool.

Attached: 2018-10-08 10_20_10.png (147x435, 9K)

Claims to do everything, does everything but 90% of it in an awful manner.
Notoriously known for bad modems, if you're lucky you get updates and can keep an old Fritzbox competetive, if you're unlucky avm will give you the finger and no update4u. Updates also remove feature_s_ oftentimes.

badmodems.com is worth a glimpse

Provider exclusive as G.Fast isn't really common yet, 7530, 60, 80 and 90 do support VDSL2+ though and are available on the regular market

>does everything but 90% of it in an awful manner
e.g.?

>if you're lucky you get updates
From what I know they are one of the few companies updating their shit regualrly and for quite a long time

it's garbage.

t. I had two

What you recommend instead ?

Good major brands like NetGear.

E.g. the big fucking advertised server capabilities on the box like the ftp server. Or telnet.

>From what I know they are one of The few companies updating their shit regualrly and for quite a long time
As I said, if you're lucky. The fritzboxes you get from your ISP will most likely not be updated as quick and as long. In 2014 or something they stepped into shit with that already and almost all german fritzboxes became botnet devices for a brief period of time.

>What you recommend instead ?
No idea, man. I'm using ISP trash now.

put your modem in gateway mode and use a decent router like the Asus RT AC680U. it can also run opensource firmwares.

I also need a modem, that's the point

>Redpill me on Fritzbox
this one's pretty easy. if you're somehow swung 10+ years back in time then it's an alright choice, specially if you want to use SIP as a VOIP solution to call your friends and family.

if your only choice is ADSL or VDSL then it's probably fine today too.

doesn't matter, get any modem that is half decent and disable their routing, so it goes into gateway mode and use a separate router like the RT AC680U for all the routing work.

VDSL2? Then unfortunately your only choice is an overpriced (at least for the regular consumer) modem made by Allnet. Otherwise just get the fritzbox... it "just werks" in 99% of cases and performs decently while being secure

Especially on uploads.

Also I do not know how it is in the or elsewhere, but here I talked with some cable technicians and cable has issue, which actually could be solved easily.
Basically what I got told is that most providers put twice as many people on a cable than what they should do bandwitch wise.
Which is why the connections get shitty as fuck on prime time.
While the big T DSL does basically the opposite.

My friends 300mbps cable internet he got along with his cable package gets throttled hardcore starting from dinner time to around 2 in the morning.

Took him 45mins to download 500mb Nvidia drivers during peak time. Cable company said that it was due to high traffic and Nvidia's servers not being in the country.

Oh, I forgot to mention that fritzboxes typically don't support PPPoE since a few years. They removed that feature with the update that also removed the ftp server.

I will not buy one again, there's too much competition.

my fritzbox is from 2013 and is still getting updates to this day

Wow, I'm surprised at how bad everyone on here is at recognizing obvious bait

It was all a coordinated spiel to troll you. SURPRISE!!!

Awww shucks, ya got me good

>The fritzboxes you get from your ISP will most likely not be updated as quick and as lon

depends on the isp and as far as I know you can just change their firmware branding to regular to receive standard retail updates.

>as far as I know you can just change their firmware branding to regular to receive standard retail updates
That wasn't the case for me, they used a slightly different chipset. ymmv, of course. Different OEM models might be different (but I seriously doubt it, it seems like a working business model from avm)

Beats DSL, and doesn't require an expensive new line to be run to your house like fiber.

For ewe you just have to change a variable via telnet. I think it's a bigger issue with cable models since cable isps are pretty autistic about what modems/routers can connect to their precious network.

Source ? EWE is my current isp and keeps offering my their boxes.

ip-phone-forum.de/threads/anleitung-zum-Ändern-des-branding-bei-fritzbox-auch-für-daus.203652/

Does anybody here use freetz?

github.com/Freetz

Looks doable, still some newer firmware don't seem to work anymore ?

is this 2004?
are you not using fiber into your personal sfp+ compatible router?

I was really confused because coax cable is a new line too but then realised that burgers all pay for ads over cable.

sheeeet

Attached: file.png (1205x220, 39K)

ISP ?