Smooth scrolling is a fucking meme. I hate it so much

Smooth scrolling is a fucking meme. I hate it so much.

The name itself is a lie. The majority of these scrollings are never "smooth", they are always laggy as fuck, even with good hardware.

Firefox's smooth scrolling gives me cancer. But even if you disable it at the browser level, some websites have started to force this meme on its users implementing a forced smooth scrolling on their websites. I would fucking murder them.

Attached: smoohscrolling.gif (960x540, 3.24M)

It works fine for me, but I disable it anyway as I find it just wasting resources with no real benefit in return.

i like it. esp. when you can customize it. pic related chrome extension. it's usually the site's fault for shitty scrolling.

Attached: ss.png (1366x768, 115K)

amiga demos had the best scrolling

I used to have something in userchrome.css that disabled CSS animations globally. It caused some kind of problem or something so I took it out, I should look into that again, it was some time ago.

I hate it too.
I especially hate javascript implementations.

that's not smooth scrolling, that's some laggy js shit. Smooth scrolling is when it interpolates between mouse wheel scrolls.

*usercontent.css

Pretty much everything about the modern web makes me angry.

this. it's so much easier on the eyes when there's no choppy jitters

even when it is actually smooth and not choppy, it pisses me the fuck off. When I click a "next page" button, don't deliberately slow down so you can show off some shit your UX retards did. Display the next page on the screen immediately with no animation.

Actually "don't animate anything" should be a general rule for computer interfaces in general.

>he wants a computer to do what he says and not play a cartoon of it pretending to

Wow, get with the times old man.

i think you're confusing browser/mouse smooth scrolling and some s.o.y.boy web3.0 webfag hijacking your browser/mouse in js crap

your computer must suck. I never use smooth scrolling and my comp always scrolls beautifully.

It's both.
Both are shit.

no u

No, I know the difference between these two things and I despise both of them. I disable the browser's built-in smooth scrolling, too. Browser-based smooth scrolling still feels laggy, because it's smoothed. You have to slow it down - lag it - for it to be smoothed. Hence my objection to UI animations in general, across the board.

>browser's built-in smooth scrolling
yeah defaults in everything suck

that's why we have configs see my scrolling is insanely fat and smooth

yeah fuck that shit in , there's only one tweak needed.
user_pref("general.smoothScroll", false);

It's a great way to make infinite scrolling websites even more annoying

I like Firefox' smooth scrolling because it's not laggy and helps me keep track of the content while I scroll.
I also like how it scrolls slowly when you move the wheel only one notch and faster when you move it multiple notches.
I absolutely hate the laggy website javascript scrolling though or whatever that is.

True but edge and safari do have an acceptable smooth scrolling

the worst part is that despite insane internet speeds (compared to 10, 20 years ago) EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE is excrutiatingly slow because of all the crap thats loading.

>Doesn't enjoy web 6.0 javascript
Get fucked boomer

And the amount of RAM sites consume is also insanely high. GMail in Chrome alone consumes 500MB of RAM.