Is there or should there be a Jow Forums discord?

Is there or should there be a Jow Forums discord?

Attached: g_discord.png (559x559, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html
crunchbase.com/organization/discord/investors/investors_list
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Back to /v/eddit you fucking zoomer. Go give all your data to Microsoft and Google too.

no. they even admit that its botnet shit

holy shit fucking kill yourself

>I use a desktop application that records every process I'm running and sends it to a proprietary centralized server where it gets sold to the highest bidder

Attached: 1532482932421.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

Isn't there already an install Gentoo irc

I can see I'm getting positive feedback here

Go back to /v/ faggot

Attached: 1538443543815.png (263x240, 111K)

No, 4 of Clubs already has a better iRC protocol in place. And if you're not already in it, then that's unlikely to change

No and double no

>tfw no internet friends

>tfw no friends

Encouraging use of malware is probably a bad idea. Not to mention how much drama it generates.

Attached: all.png (856x489, 94K)

baste anime pros

hell no

even as a shitpost thread this is retarded
kys

Attached: 1537127575635.jpg (836x747, 162K)

this has become my favorite thread

keep forums alive you nigger, discord is for faggots

Fuck off, cunt

>only gaymers use discord
room temperature iq

Attached: laughing2.jpg (230x219, 8K)

Nice try Discord.

Yes, back when we had a competitive Minecraft team we had a Discord.. I've since left that one so someone else has to post the link... This was 6months ago but there were 120 people so it might not be dead yet

Just hide this useless fucking thread

Brainlets love it too

Friendly Reminder:

Discord is known to collect information on all IPs, e-mail addresses, chat logs, images, and voice chats recieved through the platform, as well as running background processes to sell to third parties.

Back to you fucking cancer, kys.

Lmao glorious thread

>Come to anonymous discussion board
>Say we should go to non-anonymous discussion board
For what purpose?

>running background processses

OOHHH NOOO IT KNOWS I HAVE SPOTIFY AND GOOGLE CHROME OPEN OOOHH NONOOOOOOO

Fuck off, (((hypesquad))) shill.

There is a /csg/ discord.

Yes.

Especially if it means faggots like you post less.

>here have my information for free haha

Botnet

and /v/ isn't for video games, dumb frogposter

in kelvin

Just what Jow Forums needs, /v/ teenagers coordinating their brandwar shitposting.

>frogposter and gaymer
>calling other people retarded
fucking lmao

Noone should use discord for any reason.
You mean windowz.
gaymerfag
Says the tripfag.

>IPs, e-mail addresses, chat logs, images, and voice chats recieved through the platform
Every IM service does that
>background processes
Only if you're a single-digit-IQ brainlet stupid enough to install a browser for a single web app.

yes only gamers use discord. I havent heard any normie talk about discord irl.

>considering using the stand-alone electron app when literally the exact same thing is available in a browser tab

>Discord does not make its source code available
In order to protect the source code
>Discord confirms that it collects large amounts of sensitive user data
This data is necessary for the client to function. Voice chat, for example, requires your IP address. This isn't true just for Discord, but for most VOIP software publicly available.
>Logs of all of the other programs that are open on your computer
This is necessary in order for the "Playing" status to work, one of Discord's core features which separates it from other similar clients. This information is client-based, and isn't sent anywhere.
>In its privacy policy[1], Discord has confirmed that if you opt in to this spyware feature, Discord will obtain an undisclosed amount of access to information obtained about you by the spyware platforms that you choose to sync with.
>It needs the "undisclosed" information (username, other bits of code) in order to properly display your social media username on your profile.
>Discord contains a process logger
First and foremost, the client does NOT upload a full list of processes to the server. Period. This has never and will never happen. In order for game detection to work, Discord scans the running process list on your computer and compares it to a list of games the client knows about. It does this comparison locally on your computer, and the running process list is never sent to their servers. When it finds a matching game, IF you have the privacy option to show your current game, they send the name of the game to their gateway. File path is not sent to them. Literally the only thing they get is what you see next to "Playing ..." On the user list. Meaning if you are playing League of Legends, the only thing that is sent to Discord servers is the string "League of Legends". Nothing more, nothing less. As for the IP you are seeing the client talking to, it is one of the Discord voice servers. Game data is not sent to that server.

Attached: weirdalfoil.jpg (350x347, 40K)

>believing in tinfoil hat tier conspiracy theories to justify your views

What next, are you gonna post an unsourced Jow Forums infographic next that "validates" it?

spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html

see

No, Discord isn't spyware. This is just a scare tactic to get people scared and worried and to not use the program when 100 million people have accounts and millions use Discord every day. It's a very safe program.

If you are concerned with how much info Discord has on you, then just go to your Discord settings > privacy and safety > request data and see for yourself.

God, when did Discord hire paid shills? Wasn't Hypesquad enough?

It's gonna be a bunch of anime avi degenerates posting "ironic" memes and spamming nonsense just like every Jow Forums server ever created.

>In order to protect the source code
Why would they protect the source code, huh? What do they hide?

all these fags here complaining about botnets
as if their anime tiddies related data is so important

topkek

How is it exactly malware? Can you provide any evidence? Do you even know how these types of services work?
>Why would they protect the source code, huh? What do they hide?
The Source code for the Software. This is not unique to Discord in any way whatsoever. What would happen if anyone had access to the source code of say, Windows?

If it isn't Discord, it's Google or their ISP.

>Windows?
Then people will see numerous security holes in the code that could've been discovered earlier if Microsoft's devs were more competent or Windows was open-source, but that won't happen.

2 months of nitro membership added to your account.

no stop making a fucking discord for everything. We should have an irl meetup though. I wouldn't even actually join, I'd just watch the shitshow of NEETs with nothing better to do trying to socialize.

>What would happen if anyone had access to the source code of say, Windows?
it'd probably be better software

>No, Facebook isn't spyware. This is just a scare tactic to get people scared and worried and to not use the website when 100 million people have accounts and millions use Facebook every day. It's a very safe website.

Attached: 1510697299349.png (586x550, 20K)

deff not a shill :^) :^) :^)

btw OP post was made as slide shill thread, ignore it, anyone who uses discord is a sub iq 100 human

>How is it exactly malware?
Show me the source code and I can tell you, otherwise I will assume it is.

>STILL no argument

Any software that does not release its source code should not be used or trusted.

>Discord receives government requests for your information
United States laws.

>Discord has a very high potential to be doing further data mining, "constantly communicating with its master servers using encryption"
The TCP voice socket has a 5ms interval for ping in the stable build which is what is going over TLS. The UDP voice socket is sending RTCP packets on a 5 second interval. In the PTB the TCP socket ping is going back up to 55ms and ping will be handled by the UDP voice socket on the desktop version.

Game scanning also happens exactly every 5ms which is probably why you thought they were related. The UDP packet is a few bytes and contains no information that warrants encrypting it. They only send a timestamp. They encrypt all voice packets though.

op is offensive

>Any software that does not release its source code should not be used or trusted.

Attached: foil2.jpg (620x465, 56K)

coming from a tripfag

implying Jow Forums isn't /v/ official technical support board

Attached: 1429177114622.jpg (258x245, 12K)

But none of us use wangblows and pretty much all of /v/ does.

how does discord make money? i hardly think they are a living though coffee mugs and shirts? highly doubt they are maintaining the software just out of kindness of their heart

any food that does not share it's recipe should not be consumed
* eats at KFC *

>any food that does not share it's recipe should not be consumed
I agree. Why eat something if you don't know what it is?

half of those are ad companies