I don't understand how in the fuck dark mode in Windows 10's file explorer turned out so horrendous looking

I don't understand how in the fuck dark mode in Windows 10's file explorer turned out so horrendous looking.
How the fuck did macOS do this so much better?

Attached: file-explorer-dark-mode-official.jpg (1600x1066, 110K)

It's probably because the colors for windows explorer are a weird ass color and it doesn't clash well with dark theme

pajeet just pasted #000000 over all the instances of #FFFFFF he could find

looks fine for me

Attached: 26349-37309-Dark-Mode-xl.jpg (1320x740, 159K)

a fucking deviantart theme that you can install right now did a better job than microsoft

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1108x570, 178K)

Look better too bad Mac hardware is a pile of steaming shit.

I mean, the color looked good except for the title bar and menu bar.

Check out dark mode in the control panel.

Yikes, I really hate MacOS' dark theme.
t. using one

Attached: 1508836066141.png (1320x740, 830K)

That's exactly what I immediately thought. What a half-assed effort.

now show us wordpad :3

there is nothing wrong with that gradient and it would look wore if it were completely flat

This. Just cover up all those white areas and it's good enough
Not consistent overall and buggy. Also removes too much to be workable.

Looks like fucking ass.
Also, why is the title bar #000000? Now the file manager looks different from all other W32 programs.

Attached: 1500037241538.jpg (283x314, 26K)

> it would look bad if my employer did something other than what they did
Obvious shill thread, report and hide.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

macOS did it better because it was already there for a while, just needed some more work.

Well actually it's not about the effort taken on the dark theme on macOS, more like the one on Windows 10 took no more than 15 minutes to create, and another 10 months later after realizing that one of the contextual menus looked buggy.

IT'S A FUCKING PALETTE SWAP

110% this. with all the faggots working there, you would think that they would have some of the artistic design fruits with some small bit of A E S T H E T I C sensibility.

my computer from 2006 is a steaming pile of shit, macs are a mockery, a sham, and an insult to what they could be. they could be the ones to pioneer the modular laptop with the aluminium unibody, but they just make $3000 toasters. imagine the LUST macfags would feel once apple announced a hardware revision, and the gloating glee apple would have seeing all the lemmings lining up to pay them $3000 for slightly upgraded guts packages.

Now they just need to bring back widgets.

Attached: rainmeter-awesome-skin.jpg (1191x670, 128K)

>weather app
>location: Mumbai, IND
my sides

I like it desu. It's like a very subtle type of skeumorphism. Minimal, yet aesthetic. Wouldn't mind seeing more apps apply that kind of texturing over top of material design standards.

I don't really get why it's that bad though...looks pretty minimal doesn't it?

>encrypting your root partition
For what purpose?

It makes windows pop out more, they actually thought about the design and how to make it good, unlike microsoft's pallet swap. You may also notice that dark mode has transparency effect that blends average color of desktop wallpaper underneath the window, so that overall color temperature is less disperse, graphite accent turns off this effect if you want edgy dark theme.

It's default

It's not the theme itself, it's those awful icons.

Are they the same color as in light mode?

so what's the date and time?

Pajeets are truly the worst ricers, they have ultimate shit taste

What I really fucking hate about the updated themes (not even the fucking dark one) is that there is no longer an outline, so having multiple windows over it makes it impossible to tell where they overlap.

Attached: 2018-10-08_21-43-20.png (1786x899, 123K)

AHAHAHAHAHA, oh wow

I know, its like babbys first DeviantArt GTK theme.

>I don't understand how in the fuck dark mode in Windows 10's file explorer turned out so horrendous looking.
Because only autistic people care about "dark modes". They are only useful as a placebo because they actually hurt your eyes more.

As someone has said before, a Pajeet probably thought "okay, let's please the aspies" and replaced #FFFFFF with #000000. After all, nobody will ever use this "feature".

Pajeets don't think

what the fuck, is this real? between this, erasing users' files, and not even trying to redraw the icons for dark theme this has to be the most half-assed release ever.

Attached: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (125x124, 2K)

i just downloaded my own theme I don't trust windows

Attached: DOK8svx.png (1366x768, 128K)

Please gib wallpaper

Absolutely real. I don't know if it was the default for light theme, or if that's just how my settings migrated to the changes, but that's how it appeared to me. There are some settings you can change to make it a bit distinct, but it's still a downgrade from the previous version.
The light theme is overall way too fucking white, they removed shades that would let you know about different boxes and parts of the window.

kek I don't even remember why I have windows installed, it must be for a obscure software that i dont use anymore... im going back to linux hope it doesn't get shit soon since Linus left

>Black text on dark background

Lmaoing at your lives wincucks

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 10.54.28 PM.jpg (4096x2304, 1.13M)

>is a huge faggot
>flaunts that he's a huge faggot

>ipoojeet
yikes and zoinkspilled

Why do you need 4 music players

>theme changes the min/max icons to look more like a mac
>black text on black background
disgusting

t. shills
They could make the line darker, but no they want people to get triggered using dark theme, so people will shut up and use their preference theme instead (light theme). Because overall the light theme is far better than their shitty dark theme.

I mostly just use plexamp for connecting to my homeserver music files, itunes for podcasts. Vox for local lossless files, foobar for replaygain

Apple explained why there's a white outline in their presentation, I'm not making it up why it's like this.
Do you want this to happen? And you can continue using light theme, why are you forcing yourself?

so you actually have 5 music players, holy bloat

4. The other is IINA (mpv fork for macOS)

I’ve removed vox and foobar and just use plexamp and itunes for podcasts

wallpaper is on wallpaper engine on steam on of the more popular ones

i dont mind it really

>people who like things that I don't like are shills
Go away.

Like I said they could make the line darker (not entirely dark like in winblows), but no they keep the line lighter to piss off people.
Because I want to keep the menubar to dark not light.

Just like linux then :-)

I and other two guvs in this thread find it good looking, i doubt there are many that are pissed about this

i actually disliked outlines

How can the dark themes in Visual Studio look so good but windows explorer look so bad it can't be that fucking difficult to maybe have a few theme customization options for windows

ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING
That this is supposed to be 'the last' windows release..

the explorer in windows is literally hold together by ductape. it hasn't been changed much since windows vista. it has like 10 different areas that need to be recolored. and to do that they need to update the textures every time. they can't have it change dynamically via a config

It's not dark mode that looks bad it's file explorer that looks bad. And they haven't finished the new explorer based on fluent design, which has dark mode baked in.

This dark mode for the old explorer is just a temporary solution to give themselves more time to develop the new fluent explorer.

I think one of the main things is Microsoft is good at releasing unfinished stuff that they then spend years upon improving and it actually turning out ok but by then noone is interested in it anymore

Like Edge, Hyper-V

Does it cover all shell-based (I think that's how it's called?) programs, or will I still have to install a custom one for that? Still 1709 here.

Did they make file properties dark too or is it only windows and file pickers?

Nevermind, apparently not.
Wow, it's fucking nothing. I'll still have to install this shit from deviantart.

It still blows my mind how basic features like window color which were customizable in Win9x are completely unchangeable now outside of forced updates. Did everyone who worked on 9x leave the company during the XP era or something? How did Windows go downhill so fast?

That and their "solutions" to things already solved by others tend to fuck up other stuff.
Hyper-V in particular takes up the native hypervisor, breaking existing VMs. It has way fewer features. Its virtual network adapters break most of the company VPN software I've had to use. That one obscure USB serial port adapter that works with this one obscure industrial controller doesn't work under Hyper-V. For 99% of containers it's still inferior to just running native Docker in Linux.
And because Hyper-V is now tied to some OS security features I can't even disable it.

This seems either fake or bugged since there should still be a drop shadow.
But either way, there's an option to turn it back on in the Settings app under Personalization > Colours

Its not supposed to be black, more like a dark studio grey