Pic related

>Pic related

What power supply, GPU and memory can I stick into this thing to make it a sleeper?
It's a Dell optiplex 7010 sff.

Attached: 61xtse7HxML._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAFuawsN-1I&t=313s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Afaik that shit takes DDR3.
There's no space there for shit.
You would need another power supply, and a standard one won't fit. Server power supply?

Also I think you will run into thermal issues with that case.

I hate Dell because they make everything weird inside with all kinds of weird handles and shit.

Half height 1050Ti or RX 560, max out DDR3, swap in whatever i7 fits into that generation, and replace the fans with Noctua fans (the default ones fail often and are Blowietron-tier screamers without the airflow of a blowietron when they work). That's probably the most powerful components you could fit into it by default.
If you wanted to go full tard, you could put an M.2 22110 Riser, then Optane 905p M.2 into riser (releasing later this month), boom, highest I/O perf possible. Totally useless for this build, since the highest-tier CPU you'll get in there won't ever throttle due to bandwidth in pretty much any workload.

>replace the fans with Noctua fans
>putting $30 a pop fans in a prebuilt shitbox

or just buy a new rig

That's definitely the most cost-effective solution, but this guy specifically asked for sleeper components for this case. If you actually want to use this PC, as someone who had it as his primary work PC for a couple years, you're gonna want to swap the fans. Your ears will thank you.
Additionally, there's only room for 2x 80mm IIRC (it's been a while since I opened one up), one on the front and one on the back. The NF-A8 is $15 on newegg, exactly half of 's guesstimation. Still high, but not terrible for the acoustic performance.

I'll be honest I'm just really scared of the power supply but I can't find a verified swap for it.

Attached: Bub_600.jpg (426x600, 35K)

the proprietary power supplies on prebuilt workstations are such a bitch to replace if it's out of maintenance contract in my --admittedly limited-- experience. I ended up pulling a psu from a system at a computer recycling plant when I needed one.

Unironically do what Linus did in his last video: dremel out the space in the back and add a full-size GPU using a riser.

why not, uh, just get a fucking case that full size GPU's (and PSU's etcettery) fit in the first place? Dell SFFs are great Office machines, anyone who says diferent knows shit. Theyre fuck useless for gayming tho, for the limitations as are patently fucking obvious. You dont hold a party in cupboard, so get a suitable fucking case already - radical concepts and all, i know.

Because complete and functioning systems can be had secondhand for the price of one of the cases you're talking about. It's poorfag logic.

Stop worshipping outdated junk
t. office worker who has to spend most of his time with one of those little shits

I got one of those from the it guy at my office, he was gonna throw it away cause it was broken and he just rather get something new thank fuck w it. I took it home reset bios and it worked. Looked into upgrading, it's a litteral nightmare to upgrade anything. I just put a 80gig ssd and gave it to my mom. She likes it cause it's dead silent and faster than the old piece of shit my dad gave her.

would there be a market for a case replacement for these kinds of units?

I'm thinking super barebones, like you would use all of the existing components and have to reinstall everything yourself but with the addition of full-height PCI-E usage and maybe a conversion kit for ATX PSUs.

The best you can do is a xx50Ti or equivalent, maybe 32GB of RAM depending on device, and an i7.
They make a decent LAN party machine but you won't make a beast out of it. Much more suited to be an office machine or small server.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAFuawsN-1I&t=313s

Here's your solution.

why the fuck would you use a case at all? Just take everything out and put it on the ground who gives 2 shits it's like 30 bucks.

Most Dells I've seen have high quality ball bearing fans while Noctua is simple cheap sleeve bearing fan?

silverstone modular sfx 600w
amd radeon pro wx7100
16gb of ddr4 3200

Just chuck in a low profile 1050 ti and make sure you have at least 8GB of ram. Mine has been going fine for 9 months.

>sleeper
You mean "normal PC"?

corsair ax1500i
gtx 2080ti
64gb kit gskill's trident z

Attached: 51sa3zUA7OL._SX425_.jpg (425x319, 23K)

kek nive bait.
dell optiplexes have shit fans that sound like an airplane after 2 years.

wrong

Won't fit.

Will the power supply be able to handle 32gb of ram and the 1050ti?

Half Height RTX 2080 Ti

Reports vary, so I'm going to say probably.

It's a flex power supply if not mistaken.

PSU; you'll need an adapter (it's cheap)
Memory: fastest lowest latency ddr3 that you can find
GPU; remove the top panel, and you could probably put any gpu, or lay the gpu flat.