I Cucked Myself With AMD

>be me
>have an Skylake i7
>"upgrade" to a Ryen 7 2700
>muh gaymes still get relatively high FPS, but with severe dips and stuttering
>mfw when I should have stuck with ShIntel
>MFW I realize I cucked myself in muh gaymes and lost money too

Attached: AMD City.jpg (1698x1131, 2.38M)

itt: things that didn't happen

You are trying too hard shlomo

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-08-20-04-11.jpg (764x624, 292K)

Why the fuck did you buy a new cpu when you already had skylake? Shits like you tell the market that it's normal to upgrade every couple of years. It's not normal, and not worth it.

I upgraded because I wanted that 8 core goodness to edit videos mang. I fell for the marketing memes and the hype that these ni/g/s put out there. Although in all fairness it is about 50% faster than my Skylake chip when it comes to rendering, it is worse on gaymes. And teebeeache I do play more gaymes than I would like to admit. I should have stuck with intel but I am a fag/g/ot I guess.

/thread
Buy an ad faggot

All this whining for some 10fps difference. Fucking off yourself.

MUH INTEL!!!!

Attached: 1503848584264.jpg (1000x1000, 253K)

Did you canabalize or sell your old computer? If not, just use one rig for gaming and the other for work.

Nice adblocker

>I upgraded because I wanted that 8 core goodness to edit videos mang. I
>Although in all fairness it is about 50% faster than my Skylake chip when it comes to rendering, it is worse on gaymes.
>I successfully upgraded for a specific porpoise and it confirms what every single thread on Jow Forums, and every benchmark on the internet said
>How can this be happening to me?

My ssd shit itself had the exact same issues on top of my gtx 1080 dying and my ram capping out.
Op you fucked something u my 2700x is perfect
Update gpu drivers mobo bios and make sure it's not the CPU (it isn't)

Attached: 6ee.jpg (491x491, 40K)

Might have been better to go for the 2700X, especially if you aren't OC'ing. Also, Ryzen really likes fast RAM.

/thread

lmaoing @ ur life op

I will never forgive amd when got meme'd into buying fx 8100 and r9 390

>Severe dips and stuttering despite higher fps overall

Weird, I had that exact feeling switching from an fx-6300 to an i3-6100. When opponents come into view in csgo my game 1 tenth of the time my game will completely freeze making me look like a retard with 1 second reaction time. Every time I lookup the issue the search results is bloated with just other faggots going "aaahhh latest update made my game lag :(:(" when it didnt get an update and its probably just steam cloud syncing on their pc.

Ive considered going back but its not worth the effort.

I kept everything except the mobo and the processor. Sold the processor, nobody would buy the mobo so it's gonna be a paperweight I guess.

You clearly di'n't read the post. The FPS themselves are ok, it's the stuttering.

Strange, something must be getting thrown off when you switch CPU architectures or something. That's the only thing I can think of, although I did do a clean reinstall of Windows so that should have eliminated any of those sorts of issues.

Hard drive could be dying like some other guy mentioned.

>getting random freezes on Ryzen 5 2400g
>just disable the C6 registers.
Fuck you Jow Forums.

Update your drivers man. You *did* a new install right? Ryzen runs silky smooth.

Clean install of windows my niggour. I am thinking it might be my hard drive. The chip is fast when it comes to rendering, that's for damn sure.

According to this chart, I should be seeing identical preformunce. And according to simply the FPS counter, it is about the same. It's the stuttering in the games that irritates me.

hear is the chart, my b

Attached: CPU Comparison.png (1229x508, 62K)

i have a similar story
>3 or 4 years ago
>teen brother wants to start gaming with me
>decide to give him my pc and do a small upgrade for myself
>go with amd because its a budget build
>go on csgo which is the main game we played
>significantly worse performance than with my old pc
>no one told me amd cant handle csgo like some kind of fucking anomaly

i should have done more research but yea it is truly a horrible experience when you fuck up your build

Someone's gonna buy your mobo in 2-3 years when they are no longer sold, and you'll be able to charge a lot.

I personally upgraded to ryzen because my ivy mobo died and bitches on craigslist where charging for them like they are unused 2018 technology

Yup. Intel in full damage control again.
Otherwise you'd hear from this, but no, benchmarks and reviewers don't say anything like it.

>muh gaymes still get relatively high FPS, but with severe dips and stuttering
This is usually the other way around, ie. games get fewer fps but run better. Are you sure you built your system correctly?

>immediately blames cpu for DOA motherboard

Yeah that's not a thing that happened. Reviewers would have pointed it out if games suffered from "severe dips and stuttering" on AMD processors.

You're still a retard for sidegrading from Skylake to Ryzen. Just without the obvious shill bullshit included.

Probably forgot chipset drivers, configured the cpu wrong in the mobo, and hasn't enabled PBO yet.

Also possible his ram is running on borderline stability and needs its timings tweaked, frequency lowered, or voltage raised.

No. It's only the 2nd time I've done it so I could have made some mistakes. Everything else works fine though. The main reason I built it was for video editing, and that seems to work flawlessly. Just games have stuttering, maybe it's a RAM issue or something to do with the channels.