Is this dangerous for amd?

Is this dangerous for amd?

Attached: image_search_1539064653036.jpg (588x353, 49K)

Attached: blacked.png (1228x1502, 944K)

What is the pro of this over ssd

Its even faster? I guess you can use it as cache and accelerate a hard drive.

well chipsets that support optane memory still treated new. wait a couple more generation then its actually good when you pair it with a hdd

Why would it be? Not any more dangerous than Samsung or WD drives, I guess.
AMD is not on the ssd market

If it's only storing things its advertising like pics, video, games, etc, I doubt it would even be noticeably different. For server use, more RAM + SSD imo would be way better than this.

>floptane

It unironically werks better on AMD's StoreMI

Significantly lower latency and faster speeds without prefetching.

It is byte-addressable and so can, in theory, be used as system memory.

Looks like a massive meme to me. Unless it's at least 5 times faster you're better off RAIDing SSDs

Attached: ScreenShot_20181009155109.png (1035x229, 52K)

lol no, no one cares about POOTANE

Not even Intel knows how to market this shit.

but that's almost a TB of new storage tech

Optane would be great if it was a bit more open. Also, it is possible to use it with AMD chips it's just a little less straightforward.

nothing intel is dangerous for amd so long as amd can just say jews gonna jew and their fanboys eat it up

no one will ever pay more than a dollar per GB of storage. The only real world usage of memetane is to be an OS drive right now because no person or corporation will drain their pockets just to store data

What's the point of this when you can just buy cheaper brands?

Works fine on AMD. It's just NVMe. You can use it as a drive in any OS, or as a block cache in Linux using dm-cache or on Windows using PrimoCache.

So is this, but admittedly it doesn't go as fast.

Attached: Screenshot_20181009-170914_Firefox.jpg (1440x1584, 434K)