When people want to berate the headphone jack for being "old and outdated" in a failed attempt to look like...

When people want to berate the headphone jack for being "old and outdated" in a failed attempt to look like "forward-thinking people" or w/e, why do they always go for straw man or otherwise absurd arguments such as "it's the same as wanting the Floppy Disk or the Cassette back"or something else that got a proper replacement when there's better arguments like those of video game controllers?

It's literally the same situation, you had wired console controllers at one point in time that also never run out as long as they're plugged in like wired headphones. But when the time came for wireless controllers (which you have to charge), nobody really cared that they now had to charge wireless controllers. Headphones and controllers may be 2 different things but the circumstances are rather similar so it would make more sense than all the other fallacious arguments out there

Attached: Wireless materials once wired.jpg (1093x949, 91K)

>It's literally the same situation
The price range on headphone models is much, much greater than the price range for console controllers.

It's the basic circumstance I'm talking about though.

you can use a wireless controller as if it was a wired controller if you want

There are a lot of wireless headphones with that option.

9 times out of 10 when you are using headphones, your phone is either in your pocket or inches from your face, not across the room where people can trip over the wire, it can't reach your couch, so on. Controllers are always near their charging station and also don't run the risk of being lost or falling out of your hands during play. Most importantly, you can just buy a wired controller if you want, all consoles have a USB port because why wouldn't they.
Wireless controllers are an objective improvement imo, while removing the headphone jack is a fucking pointless solution that doesn't consider how headphones are actually used. It's what happens when you run out of actual improvements but need to sell a new phone

Wireless headphones can’t match their wired counterparts in audio quality, because A2DP wasn’t designed for high fidelity sound reproduction. Essentially, you’re doing a lossy to lossy transcoding each time your smartphones sends data to a wireless headset. There’s also a bottom of the barrel low-power DAC and amp combo inside degrading the user experience even further.

As of now they belong in the trash.

This guy gets it.

And people still appreciate the option to use wired game controllers, especially in radio-noisy environments. Or if you have something like a video game tournament, put that many wireless controllers in a room and you're going to get some interference.

Floppy disk is small and easily damage, that's why it obsolete. Unlike the audio jack that have no problem and deliver better output than wireless.
But for wireless controller, well, you could move your controller like crazy and don't worry that you would damage your console. That's an improvement.

its really impressive how impressionable people are to marketing because an antique standard that has functioned for well over 100 years and has been the industry standard in professional sound work and consumer entertainment for that entire century needs to be replaced because Apple Computers said so

then there's processing to restore the loss, and then it sounds fantastic.
Those NC Sony cans are actually awesome.

there's also this but this doesn't convince people nearly as well as 'my radio from 1918 has a headphone jack'

>restoring loss

retard or troll

LDAC only performs interpolation, which is not really a good solution.

I would be listening to music right now, but I need to charge my phone and my only earbuds are pic related. I hope the spirit of some silent gen audiophile is rubbing their taint all over Apple HQ

Attached: 1_C8bAESi2Jsuy9CLT9ys6yg.jpg (1600x2133, 520K)

Not when there's no jack on the phone. The option is summarily removed.

>what is interpolation

Interpolation doesn’t restore loss, retard. And a battery powered consumer device can’t afford waifu2x level of interpolation either, so it’s nowhere close to the original.

hey remember when apple tried to convince everyone that pc mice only needed one button but then put the right click button on the keyboard

remember when apple tried to convince everyone that they dont need usb ports on their computer because lightning is a superior standard

headphone jacks are just as stupid as the right click button and usb ports. you rarely use them. are you right now? exactly. you dont need them. on the rare chance you need compatibility with the old user interface paradigm you can just buy a $5 dongle

Not sure if ironic or retarded

The correct, objective answer is:
It depends on your usage.

If you're a professional sound engineer working on sound effects for a monster in a multi-million dollar game, then ofcourse you go with the one with the jacks because you need QUALITY.

If you're an employee in the support department of a call center, then ofcourse you go with the wireless ones because you need CONVENIENCE.

If you're a consumer sitting in your own home, you pick the one YOU like the most (or can afford, if you're a poorfag). Anyone telling you otherwise can go fuck themselves with a cactus.

>god I hate subjective discussions over stuff that has an objective answer

>Apple tried to convince everyone that they don't need usb ports

Still trying that one bud

Attached: 2bexpert-hub-usb-type-c-hub-adapter-7-in-1-multi-port-dongle-for-2016-and-later-macbook-pro-13-and-1 (1024x1024, 136K)

True, because charging cables.

It should go without saying that I never agreed with the removal of the headphone jack to begin with, but those defending it could at least have slightly better arguments than their straw man nonsense.

So you guys are right as well. Not to mention wireless headphones shouldn't be used on planes because Airplane mode.

I don't use Apple products for phones or laptops so I couldn't really care less, however now that the disease has spread like wildfire to other gutless companies I've no choice but to speak on the issue.
Also, your "no ports" thing on the Mac is still really retarded.

>audio jack
>no problem
If only.

There is an important reason for controllers getting wireless. Local multiplayer is annoying when you have a few friends over and you end up tripping over each others cables and knock the console down and potentially break it. This doesn't support audio should or shouldn't become wireless only but just that controllers were destined to become wireless.

The main argument about not removing the 3.5mm format from things like smartphones has to do with legacy support and convenience. It's an inconvenience when you use a device that only has one format supported i.e. thunderbolt and have to use a lot of external peripherals to support USB 3.0 or HDMI. If there are physical connectors already for USB or HDMI then it's easier to use. The main argument for removing that 3.5mm jack is for corporations to make extra millions in profit from shaving off that extra corner. It doesn't benefit the consumer. It benefits the corporations and shareholders.

Indeed, everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

Yes, it works fine. Even better than wireless in many aspect. There is no real reason for wireless solution.

Your argument is flawed as many people still prefer wired controllers.

Except when it breaks 3 months in and the warranty doesn't cover it. 3.5 jack, never again.

>breaks 3 months in
Stop buying shit tech and blaming it on the connector, brainlet.

I guess Samsung is shit tech now.

I'm not actually supporting this argument, I'm only suggesting something less fallacious for the proponents of the removal of the jack. Something with more similar circumstances.

>now

>it's almost 2019
>you still can't use bluetooth headsets for voice chat
>audio quality over bluetooth is shit compared to wired
>brainlets still defend jack removal

Attached: 1536509493641.png (820x729, 106K)

>j-just use aptX
>j-just wait for the new Bluetooth standard, this time it will be lossless!
>j-just wait until the new standard is implemented in a SoC
>j-just wait until new headsets supporting it come out
>j-just wait until there are phones with the new SoC

Most people don't care about anything. Among the minority who even knows what a 3.5mm jack is, there's a segment of annoying manchildren who can't accept that everyone else isn't finding whatever new thing they like is the best thing ever.

They can't accept that someone else is using something they aren't anymore, especially when their beloved corporation of choice doesn't like it.

Wireless controllers still have the option of being plugged in to charge and use. 90% of wireless headphones cannot do this (either do not work while charging or do not have a 3.5mm option)

but I use LDAC on my 1000-XM3

if everything supported LDAC there would be practically no more issue with bluetooth quality.
would just need to nail down incredible battery life after that.

>LDAC
meme

no

because people who berate the headphone jack are people dumb enough to not only buy apple products but fall for their marketing

Anything they have to say about anything can safely be dismissed.
Just validate them and don't actually tell them why they're retarded.
Disagree with them over minor shit once in a while so you don't seem like a yes man.

Ultimately people like that don't posses the self-awareness needed to accept themselves, which means they can't deal with being in the wrong.

It's guesswork. I'd rather have the original than a rough reconstruction.

Literally what does it have wrong with it apart from a wire you can route under clothing or a jacket if it bothers you? I never have to "pair" my headphones to my phone, I never get random dropouts, never have to charge them, and don't have to fiddle with on-screen controls to switch the headphones between any number of devices.

Yes I know about and have Bluetooth headphones that can pair to 2 devices at once and auto switch. But that's useless when you have more than 2 devices you want to use headphones with. Office PC, home PC, phone. If I was a consolefag I'd want to pair them to a game console too, to use as a headset for in-game chat.

theres nothing wrong with the old jacks

Attached: based mccaine.jpg (1269x713, 164K)