your brain
pen and paper
>trusting any software or hardware with your passwords

>pen and paper
bro i have email and passwords written down under every website on my iphone
>at least no one can read it if I just drop it
and
>trusting your brain to remember passwords

I use a password manager called "pass". It stores passwords in plain text files which are encrypted with PGP.

Attached: password safe.png (1053x500, 264K)

>he doesnt have a notepad/pen next to his pc to keep his passwords safe

This is meme advice. When you've got passowords that look like this }®r"ÙµkI6ÀåÂùkzoìV¿wZ×dÅûtªÑ-èÉGÆ>·dí»£#ÙçCo¨ÉÏ"ñ#z3á*½9]«¯¦±»4_¥x%ÿ;o0=fOR¾/UJ%)uÇ`*O")ýWÇÒ+ÚÒ>÷ëBcfÉ;ë@ÔFÂ\aÁÜ#áño"Rþë&r¿!O]^¢ pen and paper just doesn't cut it.

Encrypt a text file or use KeePass. Anything closed source of sends your information over the internet (for their "sync to other devices" feature) is a big no go for me.

KeePass is simple enough. You can read through the source code. But buying a cheap flash drive and keeping an encrypted txt file on it is really no different.

seconding this

>Password manager
t. Brainlet

Just Bitwarden. Its FOSS and you dont have to be autistic to use it.

Lastpass is free and now supports multi devices and authentication without a subscription. Keepass is too clunky to use for browsers and sometimes autofill pastes the password in another window.

Roboform

Don't you know that Microsoft has ended the era of the password?

KeePass, database synced via Dropbox

>synced via Dropbox
Don't do this.

If encryption is crackable then there is no point in trying to protect anything

more like dropped on your head as a baby

This
It shouldn't matter if you share your database online. As long as your masterpassword is at least 100 bits of entropy its fine.

Inb4 reddit fag

Attached: 1b435fe.png (1642x1238, 302K)

Passwords like that work well in QR codes

Ive been looking at masterpassword (it doesnt store passwords but generates them on demand by name, masterpassword and a few other things) it would be good because you dont need to worry about losing your passwords. However it still has a long way to gi

>USB password manager

Attached: 1462926984652.jpg (251x242, 11K)

gpg

>As long as your masterpassword is at least 100 bits of entropy its fine.
>he doesn't know about quantum computing

I do, but at the stage nobody is safe. Bevuase all current encryption schemes will become reduntant once quantum computing becomes widespread. And the average user wouldnt have a quantum computer so your threats are the NSA and CIA Nigger, and if they want to get you they will get you

So why do you want to keep your database in the
(((cloud)))?

How many entries you add per day, that you can't update it offline?

My database is kept in the cloud so if something happens to my pc or say my house burns down I have a spare copy and not entirely fucked. Yhe database has a 243 bit entropy masterpassword so its safe in the (((cloud))).

Its eady to update it. Takes less then 5 minutes and it isn't a problem as I am only adding 1 entry every few days

i prefer to use KeePassXC because it has built-in OTP support.

>device breaks for unknown reason
>can't continue using your passwords because it was stored on said device

KeePass doesn't have this problem. i have my password database stored on my computer, in my phone, on an external hard drive and in the cloud

also: how does that thing even work? Do you have to manually enter the 50+ character passwords or does it act like a reverse keylogger that connects to the computer and auto-types into the password field?

*blocks your path*

Attached: HouseFire[1].jpg (3872x2592, 2.64M)

*blocks ur path*

Attached: burglar-alarm[1].jpg (1688x1125, 135K)

*blocks you're path*

Attached: search-warrant2[1].jpg (640x360, 58K)

see

>subscription
>pw manager
kys

>he doesn't use ceasar's cipher

Attached: 1533008184782.jpg (640x480, 55K)

I use keepass. Keep the database on my NAS. Wife has MacBook which is no problem because there's a port called MacPass.
A couple times a year I change my shit around and copy the database to my phone and use keepassdroid to view it there. There are suitable iOS ports if she wanted to do that as well.
Inb4 10 dollar wrench.
We're all doing this so that we can have different passwords for every service. Anyone willing to have an adult conversation about this needs to realize that. The government isn't ever going to touch your shit and if they do they won't need a qbits and spooky action, they're just going to water board your pasty ass for 3 minutes and you'll fall apart like a pop star in rehab.

Attached: 1537621814024.jpg (1200x1354, 203K)

It fucking sucks thanks to its zshit dependency for the container.

KeePassX because is compatible with the old, more secure database format. I am transitioning to kpcli though, simpler and is just a perl script so is minimal and portable af, no risk of fearing devs bailing out.

There's NTRUEncrypt

LUKS+KeePassXC

Attached: 1539040115761.jpg (760x652, 132K)

wha the fuck is that emoji image trying to portray? Smugness? Happiness? Despicement?

>2 minutes in mspaint
Where is your reddit now?

Attached: password complexity.png (1642x1238, 312K)

Yes

Yes

>encrypt the encryption
Meaningless.

Best solution: Host it on an SSH server on a Pi running at home. Access anywhere.

they took her spices

I only mentioned LUKS since OP want a shitty USB password manager. With LUKS he can save files and ssh keys just like those memes.

Attached: 1539027866665.gif (600x750, 454K)