Numpad

Have you ever used it? I think only boomers use it.

Attached: 1200px-Numpad.svg.png (1200x1474, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MUD/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, you absolute moron

it's handy for calculations and paying bills

I do a lot of work in Excel, so yes.

>work
>excel
I know your pain. Though I guess VBA is better than Bash.

Pretty good for keybindings

i use it with emacs and to quickly type numbers, pretty gud

Yes.

reddit.com/r/MUD/

it is comfy when I will be typing in lots of numbers or doing calculation

any time i type a number longer than 3 digits i use it

No. The numpad is for people who can't touchtype.

I use it to fill the captcha.

Every day at work

It's good for playing roguelikes.

Yes, no just for calculation but for extra key binds in modded minecraft because modpacks are huge and with lots of bind conflicts

every fucking day

>t. youngster who never worked with computers

Always when I need to type numbers. So... basically every day.
T. business analyst

I am a programmer. I make my computer eat data instead of me eating it and shitting it out my of fingers.

I use it at home and at work, I would miss it if my keyboard didn't have it.

Exclusively for typing "ñ" (alt+0241 on numpad)

I use it all the time

If you are using Linux, it's easier to enable an extended key. For example, in my machine, it's as easy as typing MENU + ~ + N : Ñ

The extended keys are really intuitive. For example, MENU + , + C = Ç

thank you. my friends think its "pointless, you only need those if you do a lot at once".

i use it almost every fucking time i use a keyboard , i only type numbers in the numpad , i am incredibly fast typing typical domestic IP adresses like 192.168.1.1 with the numpad , like in less than a second , with the dots and all

all the time
btw itscalled the GNU/Numpad

what key is "menu"?

I have it as AltGr + n Also didn't do anything to get it, just picked the international layout at install time.

>tfw not using a shit OS
Opt+n n

every day at work

Numpad has made for shooters (DOOM, Unreal Tournament, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood2, Postal and other).

Only when I used to play gmod. You could type into keypads in-game faster using the numpad than looking at each button and pressing your e key.

i use it when i use a calculator.

otherwise no, so I could definitely use something smaller, I just never have.

the one to the left of right ctrl

People who use it always have bad taste in general. Something wrong with them.

Yes

Also, roguelikes. But then again, that confirms OPs assumptions about boomers.

2/10 bait

*I think only productive people use it.

fix'd

That's the print screen key on my machine

Don't think I've ever played a MUD that uses enough numerical input to justify it

I use numpad only
My autism is so big i would buy extensial numpad keyboard if laptop wouldn't have one.

I always used the enter key. Perfect for my right thumb while holding the mouse.

I use it for calculations, fast as fuck.
Also I remember controlling the helicopter with it in GTA as a kid.

I work in finance so I make pretty extensive use of the numpad. Back when I was compsci, I tended not to use it all that often.

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 82K)

this one

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (668x340, 185K)

who the fuck can afford to not use a numpad? babies and webdevs?

numpad is irreplaceable for basically any engineer

Attached: laptop_keyboard.jpg (1000x562, 72K)

I used to play racers with the numpad. It was also useful in GTA to control tank/heli. Nowadays I use it for long strings of numbers and some i3 keybinds.

Are you really trying to say there are people who use number row on a keyboard for typing in numbers? And what's more, exclusively?

you mean most of the people, which makes them not "unique"?
yeah, that's why they do it, not because it's convenient

Spoiler alert: people who are surprised by the fact of numpad being used are using numbers at most once a week to fill in a lottery ticket or something similar.
They're probably the same kind of people who would have trouble with basic addition/subtraction/multiplication questions with numbers up to ten like "8-5=?" or "3*7=?" if asked out of blue.

I use it daily to enter phone numbers, IP addresses, calculations, and any number not in the range of [0,9].

Attached: boomer.jpg (380x349, 62K)

Its for banking and accounting dope

I have a job so yes

Guaranteed replies

The key with a funny drawing that sits between AltGr and Ctrl. But you can assign any key that you want as an extended key.

lmfao enjoy your shiny new Memepad keyboard layout.

I don't use numbers at all

Attached: 20180801_015036.jpg (2560x1440, 1.04M)

>new

It's a 1st gen X1 Carbon from 2012 though.

Attached: absolutely_disgusting.png (240x247, 115K)

In the last time i learn using it, it's more effective to type numbers that way.

Lenovo fucked up the keyboard in 2011. Until then, the IBM keyboards were fine.

I have a X201 and T450 as well and I agree that the X201's keyboard is superior to the X1 Carbon's and the T450's. Oh well, at least they all have the trackpoint.

any of you uses these? do they make you productive?

Attached: numpad.jpg (529x894, 146K)

Um.. The numpad is designed for touch-typing numbers. That's the whole point. If you have to work in any accounting related job, like I used to, you will use this constantly. Typing numbers any other way is far too slow.

waste of time, keep to qwerty... if you switch to dvorak or w/e, good luck using other peoples computers.

You'll be slower than when you were use to qwerty.

What's this?

there's a separate button for ~, which can be combined with about any letter: ñ õ ã

it's azerty user, the most used form in my country. it's not too different of qwerty so i can use qwerty keyboards without being too slow
numpad embedded in the keys of the notebook. you use it by holding Fn

Cool! I haven't heard of azerty. But yeah, if your country uses azerty - keep to azerty. Don't stray away from what's being most commonly used. Just my 2 cents.

Is that particle board?
Disgusting.