Why haven’t you accepted that macOS is great?

>Modern DE
>Unix
>BSD user land tools > GNU
>Security
>Actually works without hours of configuration

Attached: image.jpg (1032x774, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/05/13/apple-officially-acknowledges-reports-of-personal-music-files-being-deleted-itunes-update-coming-next-week-to-hopefully-fix-the-bug/
catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
apple.com/au/shop/buy-mac/macbook
lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-yoga/Thinkpad-X1-Yoga-2nd-Gen/p/20JD000TUS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Modern DE
Everything that is actively developed is modern
>Unix
It hasn't met the UNIX certification since Snow Leopard
this is true, and the only true statement you've made.
>Security
False, there are more than 1000 exploits for macOS if you're into security. Its just like windows
false, you have to install a ton of $$app$ just to make it work for productivity, for example, if you want window snapping, it cost $5, if you want tiling, it cost $10, if you want custom keybinds, it cost $12, if you want it to stay awake, you have to install 3rd party software like amphetemine, if you want to upgrade your ram, you have to buy a new one and reinstall everything. If you want developer tools, you need to install brew, or add things that it rejects by default and have to go into settings to do so.

I loved mac until the faggots took over. Its a phone and accessory company that happens to sell computers, fight me.

Ubuntu, Fedora and Manjaro all don't exist

It's full of security exploits and bugs despite being locked down and toddler friendly.

Attached: mojave_bug.webm (1244x1080, 2.24M)

why, when i can use any other Linux distro that does the same thing without charging me any money and gives maximum control over my system?
MacOS was good back in the day, now its just a meme.

Manjaro is worst than getting fisted by every person on the planet. Gayest distro ever.

To top it off apple "respects" your privacy yet they allowed chinkware to mine user data with impunity.

Attached: 23921445.jpg (1027x1027, 69K)

That's a pretty sad reflection of the average apple user.

If you had said that Apple has good hardware perhaps I would agree, I can even like iOS, but MacOS why? It has neither of the strong points of Windows or Linux. Useless OS, only suitable for Youtubers and meme developers.

I moved to Linux and never wanted back. I love the freedom of software I use, minimalistic i3wm and nVidia for deep learning on my Asus 13' laptop.

>false, you have to install a ton of $$app$ just to make it work for productivity
eks dee what is open sauce
>add things that it rejects by default and have to go into settings to do so.
easy to disable

That's why it's number 1 on disrowatch

The recent COC is an obstruction of freedom. Its a censorship platform that can be used to exile developers that speak their mind.

>$5 to let chinks steal your data
what a steal

True, on top of that, files don't mystically disappear with updates, like Windows.

>eks dee what is open sauce
You're not using an open source operating system, so you're benefiting from something that is against its own platform, thats like being a liberal.

>easy to disable
You have to do it every time, and it reminds you that you're opening your system to exploits, which rejects its own security standards. Its pretty retarded.

>That's why it's number 1 on disrowatch
>popularity makes it good
People clung on to the arch meme, but then they realized they were lazy; so Manjaro was born. Arch is the only Arch I'll ever use. Fucking die NPC.

Attached: b8e.jpg (455x768, 67K)

The third part is meant for (you)

>"I-It's okay when apple does it!"

9to5mac.com/2016/05/13/apple-officially-acknowledges-reports-of-personal-music-files-being-deleted-itunes-update-coming-next-week-to-hopefully-fix-the-bug/

>2016
Louis pls go

I want the customization that only a bare bones Linux can offer. MacOS is great for normie hackers. I'd want to work with a mac user over a windows user any day.

Manjaro isn't good but isn't the worst thing ever

>Its a phone and accessory company that happens to sell computers

Not at all what the history of Apple implies, phone came later. Also they pretty much own the "premium laptop" market, what laptop besides Macbook Pro has the same reputation as top of the line hardware? None, the surface? Xps line from Dell? Macbook Pro is the most premium laptop available, and most popular. Pretty funny for an accessory company that just "happens to also make computers"

>normie
>hackers
>using OSX
You're a fucking failed abortion aren't you? OSX uses a data trail that will get you caught doing anything black-hat. If you're using macOS as a hacking platform, you seriously need to jump off the closest 200ft platform.

>You're not using an open source operating system, so you're benefiting from something that is against its own platform
>If you're using macos pay up XDDDDDDD, no no no no don't use superior open source software on this superior proprietary OS

>You have to do it every time, and it reminds you that you're opening your system to exploits, which rejects its own security standards. Its pretty retarded.
Once disabled, window, in UAC fashion but only once, with a button to open the application will be shown BUT only the first time the program is launched

Apple CEO is in bed with a certain country, and is very pro censorship

>Manjaro isn't good but isn't the worst thing ever
It is! its like the Coraline Ada COC! Its removing what made Arch, ARCH and allowing people that have a hard time installing it into the mix while adding so many security and instability problems. Arch developers are trying really hard to distance Manjaro from the actual community. Manjaro and Antergos are both cancer to the arch community. Its taking a distro that is supposed to be a custom tailored developer's tool, and making it into what ubuntu is to debian. If you use Manjaro, you're not using arch, but you're copying its repositories because you're too dumb to read.

As soon as Tim Cook took over, Macs and OSX became a backburner. The current Mac line up is ass and you know it. The hardware is okay, but the software isn't even improving. They didn't even use Final Cut to produce their own commercials... Thats how bad Apple's software has become.

I was referencing it as a beginner OS next to Ubuntu

a lot cheaper than buying an android phone :^)

calm down user...read Eric S Raymond
catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

>The hardware is okay, but the software isn't even improving.
I think you have it the wrong way round

Yea, but when you want to continuously install software that isn't in its app store, you have to go into settings to allow the installation of it. This is a retarded extra step if you're a developer (which I assume you aren't) because I want to be able to manually update my software without to tell macOS every single install that its okay. Macs haven't been good since 2013. Its the "cell phone" of laptops. I just want to hack.

Freetards will never admit this.

I don't care about what people call "beginner OS", you can do a lot with the tools you have and knowledge you engulf your mind with, but Manjaro is literally a security risk to Arch linux. The Manjaro devs purposely retain kernal patches and software updates that expoit the system to some pretty nasty risks. Manjaro is the WORST out of all the arch spin offs. Its like living in a tent during a tsunami; you'll have protection, but it's not going to help you. Even Ubuntu allows patches. Manjaro is fucking anus cancer.

I'll read it, give me 30 min...

I disagree. The engineering in MacOS is terrible compared to the early days of OSX.

>Yea, but when you want to continuously install software that isn't in its app store, you have to go into settings to allow the installation of it.
You literally don't need to

Attached: Screenshot 2018-10-09 at 20.03.57.png (780x685, 90K)

Tim Cook barely knows its alive. Security issues have been downright embarrassing.

>hurr i turned the option off or installed Pajeet's MacOS distro with it already turned off

It's on by default.

Attached: drakedroidapple.jpg (576x320, 90K)

>I disagree. The engineering in MacOS is terrible compared to the early days of OSX.
Isn't that what I said?

It still warns you. I'm a owner of 3 mbps and I always have the stupid warning. Even if I click the option to allow apps from anywhere.

>It's on by default.
Mommy I don't know how to change settings!

Attached: 911528e5.png (551x548, 445K)

>The hardware is okay, but the software isn't even improving.
>I think you have it the wrong way round
>I disagree. The engineering in MacOS is terrible compared to the early days of OSX.
So, did your parents rape you so hard you forget to think?

Attached: 278.jpg (125x111, 2K)

It warns you the first time you launch a new application with a dialog to open said application, you don't need to go to settings

Even if you change the settings, it still warns you. Its like they don't understand what a developer is.

>goalposts

They said you had to change settings to install stuff that Apple doesn't want you to install, you said you didn't need to, and posted a screenshot of where you had CHANGED THE SETTINGS TO DO THAT.

Attached: 1443409170739.jpg (1024x1024, 88K)

You're a fucking retard. Lets say you're a developer, if you install a version build different from the last, it will warn you that you're installing software. Apple and Windows both do this. Its annoying and not developer friendly. Theres a reason why more software devs are jumping on the linux camp, because OSX and Windows are catered to NPCs.

Have you even looked at their fucking hardware
apple.com/au/shop/buy-mac/macbook
Over $2000 (AU) for 1.3Ghz Intel with integrated graphics

>They said you had to change settings to install stuff that Apple doesn't want you to install
They didn't they don't even know how to use this os
>you said you didn't need to, and posted a screenshot of where you had CHANGED THE SETTINGS TO DO THAT.
I have said that you need to since my first post, and it's a good thing that it's enabled by default, that way normalfags, which is a majority of mac users won't break their os by not knowing what they're doing

You pay for the design. I'm not going to lie, I HATE apple, but their design great. Also I ONLY buy Mac Pros or Mac Book Pros. Anything that isn't on their Pro line isn't something I'd ever purchase. Their consumer grade shit is ass.

ITT cope

There is a reason no other companies use a metal design and that's because it makes the computer very vulnerable to overheating
Because of this Apple have to under clock their computers to stop the fan from turning on for some unknown reason
Just because something looks pretty doesn't mean that it's functional

Um.. sweetie... maybe run your applications that are in development from a debugger

>B-B-B-B-BUT ANDROID
Good goy, deflect away from your cult leader.

Nice bait

This is not the case when I'm not debugging it. Dude, how hard did your parent's you? Be honest.

?? Lots of companies have metal designs. HP, Lenovo, Dell, all have aluminum or metal computers and components.

>This is not the case when I'm not debugging
Improve your workflow retard, you don't need to install programs to test them, this is a non issue. From a security perspective it's a good thing that OS informs the user that application was tempered with.

Developing on 1 set system is not the same as developing in multiple clusters. This is how I know you're not a dev.

>year of our lord
>still can't r/w NTFS
>linux reads everything while being free
RMYT

>I have 1 computer to work with, the post.

Samefag

sure dude... Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Sorry I meant aluminium

I know.

>go to lenovo website
>click on first laptop
>plastic
lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-yoga/Thinkpad-X1-Yoga-2nd-Gen/p/20JD000TUS

So clicking on the first laptop you see is what constitutes your purchase?

Pic heavily related.

Attached: f3e.jpg (1000x1000, 101K)

MacOS is good but the hardware prices make it shit

As of 2013, both are shit.

>>linux reads everything while being free
>put in exfat
>oopsie can't do that

nice FUD bruh

nigga exFAT support comes already installed with most non-libre distros, and if it's not installed you can do it manually.

>NTFS

Attached: F819B3CB-B40B-4C86-AC9E-20AEEC552D99.jpg (281x179, 17K)

>you can do it manually
same for ntfs on macos

nuh uh. On macOS you *HAVE* to do it manually and/or open your wallet. On most Linux distros you don't need to do shit, it just werks.

>can't install it on my pc
DROPPED

>There is a reason no other companies use a metal design and that's because it makes the computer very vulnerable to overheating
Are you mentally retarded or just baiting. What do you think is commonly used as a heat sink material besides copper?

yea users love when literally the whole base of the laptop gets hot because MUH METAL HEAT DISSPASHUN. Have you ever touched the bottom of a macbook on heavy load? it's so hot it literally hurts.

Duh. The reason Mac users are so gay is because of the radiation that fries their balls. It's low T. But anyway; you ignored the other guy's point.

Tough times for applel when even tripfags are right about it.

I like w10

Why haven’t you accepted that toilets are great?

Attached: 1512954974192.jpg (643x960, 256K)

>snapping
Hold zoom button
>custom keybinds
System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts
You can even swap the command key to instead use the control key
>let your computer stay awake
Either change power settings or just type caffeinate -dimsu in terminal, are you a baby that needs a big giant button to do anything?

>Why haven’t you accepted that macOS is great?
I hackintoshed a ThinkPad. It's not great but it's pretty good.
>Unix
It's not Unix. It's based on Mach and some old BSD extensions. It's definitely Unix-like, but it's not Unix. It's a lot like Linux. I can use BSD software on a Unix clone (Linux) but that doesn't make it Unix.
It uses both BSD and GNU userland utilities, such as OpenSSH, Bash, Nano, GCC, etc.

It's also mediocre as a development platform. It's not hard to develop applications for it but it's a little less straightforward than Qt or Motif development. Definitely better than GTK+ and 100x better than whatever dumpster fire that Windows has devolved into.

MacOS is free to use if you violate Apple's terms and conditions. You just have to hackintosh.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 4.26.10 PM.png (1366x768, 1.61M)

Attached: 1533529824421.jpg (770x602, 44K)

Very violent thread 2bh