How would Jow Forums create the ideal user interface?

How would Jow Forums create the ideal user interface?

Attached: user-interface.png (1280x720, 25K)

Command line already exists

command line with multiple windows. basically a tiling wm. which I already use.

starting with the logo

>ideal
I'd ask plato, then implement it. But after that's done I WOULD NEVER CHANGE IT ONCE USERS GOT USED TO IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

boot emacs

I would do exactly like 8bit computer BASIC interpreters, except you can roll the screen up and things that flood get contained in a "sub window".

FPBP
This

This very much, besides keyboard has much higher input bandwidth than mouse or touchscreen, so it even wins in that regard.

Why even use lesser interfaces with narrower input bandwidth?

I would just copy Slack and Discord's layout for everything. It's just so intuitive.

All mouse interface, dual mouse optional

>Why even use lesser interfaces with narrower input bandwidth?
like vision and a gui? pls stop trying to sound smart or else you'll have to go back

>Asking a bunch of neckbeard programmers about design

Bait thread is baity

you have shit-tier intelligence if you mistake rounded corners and window drop shadows for information, and it's a fact that mouse navigation has terrible information bandwidth it's not an opinion you rube.

>window shapes and effects are guis
k

>mouse navigation has terrible information bandwidth
even a monkey can point and click its way through a well-designed gui before it can use a cli.

ok, genius, show me a gui that has information density on the level of a terminal and I'll agree I'm wrong, and if it's easy to use it's usually dumbed down to fit the use case to begin with so it's not as information rich or high input bandwidth, you don't even understand what you are arguing against monkey

photoshop vs imagemagick

9 our of 10 use cases imagemagic is superior, not everyone is a digital painter, basic crop and resize operations are faster in imagemagic if you are as proficient with it as you are with photoshop

ease of use is usually a compromise with functionality, photoshop does the very same operations that imagemagic does it only uses a gui interface

nice try appel

>Interface
>Being this new
Interfaces were made for people like you, not for us. We don't know what goes on in your chicken-nugget-brain, why would we know what a good interfaces looks like?

came here to say this

CLI that's basically Powershell but better.
Make csv the base medium, with a unique delimiter symbol. All operations use column names/numbers instead of requiring regex as part of every single complex operation. Regex can still be used when necessary, though.
This also means a standardization of config file syntax.
Standard parameters, naming standards for commands, multiple output streams, autocorrect for parameters, useful scripting, strict mode for scripting, sane scripting syntax, etc.

GUI:
Take Windows and make it more customizable. This doesn't mean appearance, but rather functionality. I want every hotkey, every piece of customization, every hidden functionality that improves a user's workflow.
If I can't use the GUI entirely with a keyboard when in need, the GUI has obviously not been thought through.

For touch, add hot edges. Swipe from the left for the alt+tab experiences, swipe from left and back for a window list. Task bar can be hidden or unhidden with a swipe from bottom. Swipe from top to grab a window, continue swipe to bottom to close it, to the side to snap it or to the top to maximize it when something is already snapped.
Swiping from the right opens a launcher that consumes roughly a sixth of the screen's width and can be customized to display shortcuts that are touch-optimized. e.g. volume controls that either allow you to tap them once so they open up, then select the volume on the slider, or just press and hold on the icon and swipe immediately for instant adjustments. Naturally, you can also add arbitrary output like you would with conky or similar tools.

The only thing that changes when you touch the screen, is that the mouse cursor goes invisible. No other mode changes, touch and m+k exist side-by-side without interfering with each other.

Add a way to see what is going on under the hood. Activate open hood mood, click a task bar icon and you will be shown all associated files (configs, binaries, CLI commands,etc.).

For what?
But only shit-tier versions.

I've been playing around with my raspberry pi on my tv lately and I have been thinking about a DE designed around a videogame controller input. There's nothing like this out there, the only thing that comes close is steam with big picture. Big picture has nice features that allows you to navigate the web with a controller or even type reasonably fast, but the UI overall is very clunky ( and you can use it without steam ).

I've been thinking about doing it myself but I've never programmed anything graphical.

>can't use it without steam
Fixd

emulationStation could serve as inspiration, as well

Legend has it no Discord user has yet noticed what they believe is their friends list is actually just open direct channels.

Ideal for what?. Depending on usage the interface would need to be different for every device. Having a desktop interface on your smartphone would be shit and same with the phone interface being on a desktop. Should kys OP

Attached: 1513637200187.jpg (1066x600, 64K)

Ideal for whatever device youre using, retard its your choice

Ive used emulation station too.
I want a real Desktop Environment. Something that had Big Picture's controller detection & configuration and their virtual keyboard but had a better UI. Now that I think of it, it would be way easier to program the virtual keyboard, get an existing controller remap tool to allow controller navigation and use that on a customized xfce.

Have no interface, let user do anything over using voice commands and a smart enough AI to understand basically everything you say.

>How would Jow Forums create the ideal user interface?
Fill 100% of the free memory with random shit and then print $~> FUCK YOU

Attached: trinity-nmapscreen-hd-crop-1200x728.jpg (1200x728, 168K)

cringe

m-muh nmap

Is there window system that lets you automate gui elements like in DAW? It'd be something similar to shell scripting but for ui with windows.

All color settings should be is "foreground color" and "background color".

When will command-line interfaces get to this level again?

Attached: p1-unix-4.png (962x694, 18K)

Not him but you're missing the point you autistic monkey.

With a GUI anyone can just pick up a program and use it because they can be designed to lead the user to what they want to do. CLIs are MUCH more reliant on you reading manuals and memorizing them.

Simple. Just copy GIMP ui as closely as possible.

Attached: CopyQ.pVGjaE.png (849x849, 756K)

After apocalypse

Steal ideas and entire designs from fb, google, amazon, etc. and anyone else making bank. They spend the $ on teams of people who live and die to figure out what lubes up peoples wallets.

No, you and the other guy are actually missing the point completely. When talking about information bandwidth, ease of use is irrelevant factor, it's like talking about trunk space over engine size in a car.

Gui applications have narrower both way information bandwidth. Depending on program, like mentioned photoshop, you can SEE more information on the gui, but your interactions are mostly pointing and clicking, browsing menus and doing things extremely slowly, that's why we use shortcuts most of the time, because keyboard and ten fingers have higher information bandwidth than a mouse and two/three fingers.

When using software or tools professionally, you need to learn the tools and most often many other things regarding the profession you are attempting to master, so ease of use is irrelevant. Then again, if you are just a monkey or a casual hobbyist, then narrow information bandwidth might be more suitable for you because you are just doing useless shit for your own entertainment, but don't try to fool anyone that it is an optimum, because it isn't.

Ease of use comes from a trade off with complexity, it's just how it is.

We got your point about information bandwith. He was bringing up another point and you were still going "bu-bu-but my haxor bandwith".

I'd rather not get AIDS from reading your man pages thank you very much.

Too bad Microsoft Bob failed, it would have been the perfect OS for you.