What kind of vidya does Jow Forums play?

I don't really play a lot of vidya, but i'll be coming across a little time from now on. What kind of shit do you recommend? Something i can dump a little time into here and there. inb4 u say go back to /v/

Attached: 1539047852028.jpg (750x715, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkUHGvy2pNU
youtube.com/watch?v=F1DLmPtn9MA
youtu.be/78_nbBuAbLg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Videogaming is for unproductive, NEET manchildren

no vidya, unless game of life sims count

So is shitposting, but here you are.

None, I am easily addicted so I stay away.

>unproductive
If it don't make you cash, it don't make you productive.

Fortnite for quick, fun, simple games. Only people who shit on this game are XTREME HARDCORE GAYMERS who think of gaming as a lifestyle
Factorio if you think you're above average intelligence
DARK SOULS III for an atmospheric and challenging action RPG
Starsector for a 2d space trading/combat/exploration game.
Space Station 13 for some weird shit unlike any other game you'll ever play. Just google "Space station 13 stories"
RimWorld for a kind of building/combat top down game that can be played for hundreds of hours on a single save because you can expand across the entire planet

I'm rapidly approaching 40 year old boomer status and have difficulty adjusting to newer games, so I've just been stockpiling old games through Steam and GOG whenever there's sales and emulating old console games.

None. Every blue moon i fire up GTA V and mess with the graphics settings to try to get smooth 60fps at the best possible quality, then drive around for 10 minutes and quit.

Literally me right there

All of them time sucking multiplayer cancer

Any of you guys played TIS?

>All of them time sucking multiplayer cancer
As opposed to fucking what?

old single player games that you play every now and then for nostalgia

Not op fag but sped up emulated RPGs are comfy, leveling up is like watching yeast rise, so goood

That's idiotic, you always end up doing the same thing anyways, what's the fun in that?

Not even close. Only 2 of them don't have single player. And none of them have grinding elements.

oldass games like system shock 2 and morrowind
I don't play multiplayer games because I suck and never singleplayer games don't interest me

This. /v/ will try to deflect but there are no respectable adults that play video games regularly. If gaming is art, it's shit tier.

The people on /v/ waste less time than the people on Jow Forums though.

Literally half my colleagues play games you shut-in schizo.

I don't really play any games anymore, but if I do it's usually something like arma, metro, or stalker.
Maybe sometimes a flight sim, or tom clancy.

You only watch a good movie once? Shit like GTA Vice City could easily be turned into a mini series
Also
>implying you don't do the same thing over and over in games like Fortnite
If I was actually going to waste my life on games, I'd do some actually fun shit like Falcon BMS, the DCS series, the Arma series, Orbiter 2016, trying different mods on 3d era GTAs, old console games, Hitman, Driver, etc.

Thanks for pointing out that you works in an unproductive workplace.

None of them are respectable. Deep down you know this.

patrician taste user.

Ok maybe I'm just that 20 yo boomer

Arguing on Jow Forums is a far better use of your time than playing video games.

Well, Jow Forums is a worse waste of time than playing some good old stuff

Not really. Time isn't wasted if you're improving yourself or if you're enjoying yourself. Jow Forums not only makes you a worse person, but isn't enjoyable.

I play Dwarf Fortress and some RPGs. I recently bought CrossCode on Steam and have been enjoying it so far, I think I'm about halfway through. I really enjoyed the old turn-based JRPGs and I'll fire up an emulator every now and then to give one another playthrough. I haven't played the 1st or 2nd Golden Sun games in probably 10 years, I think I'll download a GBA emulator and play through those sometime before the end of the year. I never had any of the Nintendo DS systems so I never got to play the 3rd Golden Sun. I might just buy a used DS system so I can play though some of the games that came out for those systems.

I like some Bethesda games.. I played a lot of Morrowind and Skyrim but never really got into Oblivion because I kept trying to mod it and never got it stable enough for a playthrough... I liked Fallout 3 and New Vegas but Fallout 4 seemed like it was lacking something IMO, I just couldn't get into it.

I'm developing my own game. :)

You learn some things about tech if you're in the right threads. I've learned (roughly) how semiconductors are made, what bugs to avoid (for instance the file wiping W10 update), just yesterday I was in the thread where some user showed us some x64 ASM bit manipulation instructions that worked 10 times faster than plan old C, etc.

>improving yourself
hardly
>enjoying yourself
only viable argument for gaming.

To actually answer OP instead of get into a pointless argument that won’t end, I don’t usually play videogames, but when I do, it’s either StarCraft (old or new, doesn’t matter) or Ann emulation of a Nintendo64 title like Rogue Squadron.

>You only watch a good movie once?
YES what the FUCK.
They're fine people and get paid to work. Just as responsible as any other working adult. Stop your childish prejudices and projections.

Just Overwatch.

And Jow Forums isn't?

Video games have terribly written stories and in multiplayer you're surrounded by the dumbest and most uninteresting people humanity has to offer. As bad as Jow Forums is, there are far more opportunities for self improvement here.

Right now playing world of goo.

If it wasn't enjoyable you wouldn't be here.
>Jow Forums not only makes you a worse person
well that sounds like something a newfag would say, but r9k and the degeneracy boards do turn you into a worse person, so I'll give you that

All kinds
I’m not a jaded freetard

>there are far more opportunities for self improvement here
Like what?

bump
redpill us about Jow Forumsay vidya

Attached: 292e3d5f844e98e0ce387e66b2192872.jpg (674x1024, 116K)

Yesterday there was a good thread about assembly so I learned some bit twiddling hacks and then read a book someone linked called "Introduction to 64 Bit Assembly Language Programming for Linux." I also learned how to make Lamb Dumplings on /ck/ which I had for dinner. People also tend to discount the value of just hearing other people's opinions on various topics.

Oh so once in a while you learn something mediocre you could have read on hacker news or reddit anyways?

Nobody is saying Jow Forums is the most efficient use of your time. It's just better than playing video games.

Kek see >something mediocre you could have read on hacker news or reddit anyways?
Link or it didn't happen.
Hacker news wannabes code on cuck languages like ruby and nodejs, plebbit doesn't even code

Factorio, Rimworld, Airships, Mount and Blade Warband, Total anhilation, doujin games, RPGs, etc

Attached: esa.jpg (915x1250, 107K)

Starcraft or league of legends
I don't play very often though

Street fighter, melee (with friends), various shmups, bejeweled and solitaire. I haven't been playing games often as of late though.

you sound a bit reddit yourself

>vidya
go back to faggot
>18+
>playing computer video games
pick one

Attached: spatry.jpg (922x592, 108K)

What's a good programming language to make games in?

Chris Sawyer wrote Roller Coaster Tycoon more or less by himself almost exclusively using X86 Assembly.

>I'm a big boy, video games are for babies! But I'm not a baby, I'm a big boy!
Good for you champ! You're a big boy!

>Jow Forums not only makes you a worse person, but isn't enjoyable
fuck, I know this and I still post daily on this shitty useless website, I don't even have fun doing it.

>Only people who shit on this game are XTREME HARDCORE GAYMERS who think of gaming as a lifestyle
Yeah because it's not like the game is mostly walking in one direction until you encounter a person

Witcher 3 if you can run ultra for a time sink. Half the fun is just walking through the world and seeing its beauty.

Rising storm 2/Squad if you like realistic military shooters that last about 45 mins per round.

fun is objective senpai. Been replaying the same donkey kong levels on mame for the past 10 years and still loving it

>You always end up doing the same thing anyways

Perhaps in a day instead of fucking months.

I play a little bit of everything, depends on the mood. But I can only focus on one game and it can't be longer than 100 hours. Been playing some action RPGs here and there.

I ditched PC and console gaming a while ago when I realised how stupid it was that we spend so much time on them. When I have a spare moment, I like to play my Switch. My fiancee and my two sisters all have one each so we often play together. The games I play (all on the Switch):
>Splatoon 2 (favourite)
>Mario Kart
>Stardew Valley
>The Legend of Zelda

manic miner

I'm frustrated because I can't enjoy games like I used to do. Fuck, if I want a challenge I'd go out looking for a job or simply living a sperg-free life

I sometimes play dwarf fort

>tfw I've been coming to Jow Forums probably 5-6 days a week on average for the last 12 years

Attached: 1515545956001.jpg (550x366, 28K)

>dwarf fort
Fuck, I hadn't heard that name in a long time. Is it still a thing?

It's been getting updates for 15 years user. Yes it's still a thing. It's also still in alpha.

I have some terminal games that I play, my favorite being Nsnake.

Not many these days. When I do it's an RPG or a platformer.

Factorio is good shit.

>Fortnite
Found the 12 year old.

emulate older games such as SNES,N64, and PS1, and gamecube games

Wait for Jon to finish Jai

anything from here except Abortnite
Any game made by Zachtronics
Heroes 3 (the complete edition from GOG with Horn of the Abyss, these are requirements, not optional)
Escape from Tarkov
Modded ARMA 3

I have never heard one legitimate complaint about fortnite except the building is too hard for boomers who's brains have turned to mush and can't learn new skills

>heroes 3 might and magic
I never played this, but I'm in the mood for something like diablo II. Do you recommend?

I've never played fortnight, but it looks like a dumbed down arma 2/3 battle royale mod clone.

>Fortnite
I actually think that game has a younger playerbase than Minecraft. How does it feel being a grown man playing with a bunch of 10 year olds?

I only play truco, now fuck off.

I used to play the fist generation Sims in highschool. made a version of me, and a version of my crush.
In the following months my real life crush lost her virginity to my bully. My Sim crush was fugging the neighbor Sim, my Sim me was professionally successful AF and the real me was only what you'd imagine.

BMS

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkUHGvy2pNU

Jow Forumsaystation

Jow Forums plays "shower with your dad simulator" on steam.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>This. /v/ will try to deflect but there are no respectable adults that play video games regularly.
There are, but since you're a "feels before reals" manchild you're never going to accept facts.

Attached: 1511620955522.png (694x1115, 498K)

I doubt you even know his name

Name some.

Noo way i reeeeee

Attached: xzza.gif (480x275, 2M)

any roguelike is Jow Forums, also Jow Forums would enjoy paradox strategy games and open arena of course.
These days i don't play games too much, following terrys advice and learning python

Attached: 1538543904087.png (413x250, 32K)

Best game release in recent memory
If you can handle a couple bugs the combat system's unparalleled and the ost is amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=F1DLmPtn9MA
youtu.be/78_nbBuAbLg

Attached: 662px-Conceptart_redprince[1].jpg (662x942, 92K)

Except that's every game...I played GTA when I was 8.

Turn on voice chat and you'll have your own complaint, unless you're one of them of course.

But those specs are for little baby.
No seriously, even on Wine, that's easy shit.

Sounds no different than CS in early 2000s

the most Jow Forums approved games are ascii graphics things like roguelikes and dwarf fortress. the kicker is these games are actually fun

additionally anything that takes a large amount of brainpower to understand and be good at can be a contender. fighting games, challenging puzzle games, carnage heart(mech programming game), online go, and many more also work

triple A normie shit is not cool, and is the equivalent of watching 13 reasons why on netflix. no substance. its like a extra long jack off session for your mind. a virtual skinner box really.
fornite sucks
skyrim is kinda okay
nearly all fps suck
the new spider man sucks
pretty much the majority of games are hot trash

personally i dig weird art games, but i know thats not very Jow Forums

I play dayz.

It's a great open world survival mmo, in a post apocalyptic setting.

Attached: 20181007231749_1.jpg (2560x1080, 870K)

Attached: 20180928213612_1.jpg (2560x1080, 514K)