How can we destroy Discord?

How can we destroy Discord?

Attached: 1510974985016.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/a9zc3ns8kk4f45p/Dickscord.png/file
github.com/search?q=discord client
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Make something better.

make a meme out of its logo

why? to make microsoft® skype™ relevant again? discord is a better evil desu

Good idea

Even better?

Stop using it..?

there is no need to use any kind of evil when free software exists

i dont

Start using riot?

unfortunately normies won't use obscure shit like mumble, they'll search for normie-friendly alternatives instead. that's why there will never be year of desktop linux

Then stop carrying about it. Not spreading the word about this crap is the worst you can do to (((them))).

normies will use whatever is dumb and user friendly, most of the time that gets used by devs who harvest data like those who made the abomination that is discord

>see dumb retarded pol-tier post
>check name field
>namefag
everytime
filtered

>muh pol
cuck

I'll make the logo

brb hacking it right now

just because you fags don't like it doesn't mean it should be killed.

Find someone else to bother, instead of crying about an application that actually managed to do its fucking job well for once in a while.

lets do it, what should our logo be? maybe something incorporating a clover

exactly, that's why you let them rot in their prison

so you dont mind that it harvests and keeps all voice and text conversation and user data, as well as running programs and other info about your PC?

got it. I made this with free software (krita).
It even is 16:9 (video format compatible)

Attached: gimpcord-final.png (1920x1080, 201K)

whos "we" faggot? you and your discord advertisement team? fuck off and buy a banner instead of making a thread for free

As much as I fucking hate it and would love to see it dead, you can't really kill something like discord because normies will keep using it.
Even if somehow you manage to hack into all the discord servers and wipe all their shit, another normie-friendly botnet alternative will come up after like 3 days.
It's like a motherfucking hydra, cut one head and two more come out.

Attached: 1538250642706.jpg (760x767, 139K)

Discord will probably die when the next botnet chat app comes out. The new app will probably have less features than discord but will have a ton of hype behind it due to marketing and gullible retards forcing on everyone.

it's good to find like minded individuals, to help put an end to this horrible app.

join me on discord, to find out more.

bugs?
you tell me!

what the fuck are you fags proposing as an alternative? irc is annoying to work with in terms of getting lots of people set up quick (and is text only) and tox is a buggy piece of trash

even if one of those did become popular Jow Forums will still find a way to shit all over it because muh contrarianism

I have an idea, but if I will post the end result here, they´ll ban me for good this time. This is a blue board after all.

upload to imgur and post the link

XMPP or matrix

Give me a few minutes.

It's not.
Unless you make something like Mastodon where you're able to host your own server. Or decide to use someone else.

>How can we destroy Discord?
>It's not.

nice

goatse with 2 buttholes?

Attached: discord-logo-01.png (1920x1381, 14K)

There ya go:
mediafire.com/file/a9zc3ns8kk4f45p/Dickscord.png/file

Awesome. Niggscord.

use matrix instead, it's already the better alternative. push it where and whenever you can.

Discord itself is decent, but it's proprietary and probably used by the NSA to spy. It should be E2EE and open source.

They have furry mods and one of them banned me for legit no reason. Wish it were replaced by something better

No, not at all. Because I don't use it.

Normies who don't care about what companies use with their data have such a short term advantage when it comes to knowing certain things.
In my class for instance everyone was sharing answers and tests from previous semesters using kikebook and discord and since I don't use either I have to actually read the chapter and study the questions the book gives me despite the teacher throwing curveball questions. Everyone else knows what to expect because they have some group where they post previous tests questions and answers from older students. They just memorize how to do like 10 problems and never even read the book because the teacher is lazy and recycles questions.

I also learned they have a whole network of casual hookups and information sharing that gives them a huge advantage over me. I have to do everything the old fashioned way because I stick to my principles.
I learned I cant approach anyone and just strike up conversations because they all find that strange. Though I've never seen people approach each other, they all somehow developed relationships. Turns out they get to know each other on discord and Facebook then they feel comfortable talking to each other irl.

I'm thinking of just giving up to the bot net. I need frens and I don't want to study so hard.

>In my class for instance everyone was sharing answers and tests from previous semesters using kikebook and discord and since I don't use either I have to actually read the chapter and study
I think this is almost expected at this point. I don't know if you watched Naruto back in the day (shut up, /a/ fags, we all watched it.), but it's kinda like the Chunin exam where the written test was extremely difficult, but it turned out the real point of the test was to cheat and be able to obtain the answers without being caught.
As for everything else, yeah just tolerate the botnet. Regardless of what the spergs here say, There's no point avoiding it unless you're prepared to go full Stallman/Davis or live alone in a shack in the woods writing your autistic manifesto on a typewriter.

wait until it gets bought up, then it will quickly turn into shit

There are other things. A lot of people won't even interact with you unless you have a Facebook. Meeting women, making friends, getting easy do nothing office jobs requires you to be completely hooked up to the bot net. I fucking hate it. I get paid under the table from my friend from high schools dad who I help fix boats for on the weekends. I know I can make way more but just thinking about what these Kikes are doing with my data scares the hell out of me.
Just about every NPC you know has some gossip groups where they talk about you and come to conclusions in your absence. Then they treat you differently in person after not having seen them for 3 days. It's almost like you have to be a mini celebrity and constantly post pictures and videos of yourself on FB, Discord, WhatsApp, or Instagram just to be accepted.
Why can't things be like dey was?

>Just about every NPC you know has some gossip groups where they talk about you and come to conclusions in your absence. Then they treat you differently in person after not having seen them for 3 days. It's almost like you have to be a mini celebrity and constantly post pictures and videos of yourself on FB, Discord, WhatsApp, or Instagram just to be accepted.
So the enemy is deluding itself into believing that you're something you're not, and that's a bad thing?

I mean I understand your point, but fuck. You're being handed the ability to make moves they can't even comprehend on a silver platter.

I wouldn't expect to be intelligent enough to create a plan to destroy yet another of their boogeymen whilst continuing to use Google or their ISP.

Like what?

ITT:

Attached: weirdalfoil_2322 (1).jpg (350x347, 40K)

Have you not been on twitter or watched CNN for the last 4 years? Trump has been driving the media into a frenzy with the exact same tactics, the ones he detailed in his book in the 1980s, and nobody of any importance has been able to realize it.

You can do whatever you like and as long as it doesn't fit with their perception of you, they won't see it. Just throw them a bone once in a while and they'll gladly keep seeing you as a stupid lanky autist or whatever while you're actually fucking half of them on the side and screwing the other half over.

I have gotten several jobs by doing this shit. Find out what they think you are, appeal to it (you don't even have to act like it, just say something that could be construed as to agree with it), and tell them that it would totally suck/would be really nice of them to do X and Y. It's fucking elementary, nigger. These people aren't your friends and they will do far worse shit to you, might as well profit from their gossip.

Not really. Look up the history of the guy who created Discord. Ask yourself why it isn't end-to-end encrypted (a standard feature for almost every other messaging platform).

this, and make it something relating to Nazism
the discord team is full of nu-males who despise natsocs

Let the scourge carry itself out

Can you go into more detail here? This is interesting.

Show me fucking proof instead of making seemingly baseless claims

Just use ecks em pee pee.

I'll read the book. In the meantime can you give an example of how you have used this strategy?

With these kinds of things it requires the dominant software to get worse, like there were countless better alternatives to Skype but nobody shifted away until Microsoft ruined it. Discord has to be destroyed.

based narutofag

Not the same user but it's really simple:
>Be criminal in your mind
>Be nice guy to NPCs
>Occasionally make convoulted decisions and ask normies to do things for you in such a way that takes advantage of them
>They don't actually know your taking advantage of them
>Get away with it

That's only the tip of the ice(((Berg)))

If someone added a feature to mumble such that you could easily link servers via URLs, and you could easily join other servers through some round button interface you could link in the chat... and made mumble prettier with pre-configured universal settings for voice chatting....AND normie friendly basic settings (with the option to see advanced settings still being there), mumble could kill discord. Especially if Jow Forums decides to get on that shit and starts linking mumble links here and there. Discord would be kill.

Sorry for run on sentences.

>mediafire
What is this, 2010?
Stop being gay.

>Occasionally make convoulted decisions
What kind of decisions?

>in such a way that takes advantage of them
Eh, how?

>uploads png to media fire then links it on an image board

Honestly? Matrix has a small userbase (mostly on the default channels) and no decent native clients, still lacked basic features last time I checked, and is mostly used by nerds, furries, bdsm folks, and radicals.
It won't be the new discord anytime soon.

Riot.im already exists

Why can't we have le open source?

I will never undestand you $year memesters.

What's the better alternative? Dropbox because its $launch_year < $launch_year of mediafire?

You dumb memester faggots make no sense.

The API is relatively open so ideally someone writes a minimal client that just works (there's a few already). github.com/search?q=discord client
It's important to remember usability will triumph, Discord's UX is pretty good for today's normies but tastes shift over time and their stack of tech is too deeply entrenched to adapt.

Even if that doesn't turn out to be its problem, it'll destroy itself in a year or 5 no matter what, so don't worry about it too much.

It's open source

Cool! I just visited their site and i didn't see it as one of their main features

Attached: Screenshot_20181009-151845_Fennec F-Droid.jpg (720x1280, 244K)

POST THE IMAGE HERE YOU FAT FUCK

They literally list fdroid as a source for their app. Fdroid only accepts open source software without proprietary blobs.
They also have their github linked at the bottom.

Are you illiterate or just all around brain damaged?

Attached: riot.png (1180x351, 125K)

It's not difficult. Make a program and make it look nice. Then market it and that's literally it.

Calm down

>Jow Forums actually gets triggered that someone isn't using ((their)) app of choice
Jesus, just how pathetic can you guys be? Lmao.

I've only briefly used it for some online games. Seems like a convenient, web based voice chat program that doesn't require an account. Am I out of the loop or something? Never looked at its other features.

Use/make something else and let those that enjoy using a program they like use it without sperging out on your high horse.

And if your better program is actually that much better, then many people will eventually flock to it, leaving you to hate it because many people use it and like it.

Rinse and Repeat.

Attached: spongebobfire.jpg (381x396, 23K)

The main thing that makes Discord so popular tbqh is the media integration and ease of use; the emojis, the way it puts images and videos in the chat, the easy changing of nicknames etc.

Just make something that's easier to use, integrates media well if not better than discord, sticks to the muted flat aesthetic and has more 'simple' and easy to change options and I'm sure you'll be able to at least compete with Discord.

Join every server, pretend to be a girl and let the drama ensue as everyone trys to sleep with you.

I just run a Mumble server. Don't need a social media service to speak to my friends.