Bloomberg source was Israeli Army Intelligence

It was totally believable, but now we know this was Pissrael stirring up shit with the help of BloomBERG media. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-09/new-evidence-of-hacked-supermicro-hardware-found-in-u-s-telecom

Attached: bloomberg-big-hack-100775447-large.jpg (700x467, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2018/10/09/bloomberg/
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/qv9npv/bloomberg-china-supermicro-apple-hack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: fool.jpg (850x400, 58K)

Attached: d28.gif (500x275, 763K)

>Their findings won't necessarily be made public, since hardware manipulation is typically designed to access government and corporate secrets, rather than consumer data.
They are already trying to cover their asses with good old "you can't prove that their denial is not a lie. Trust us, please."

God I wish somebody sued them out of existence for all this bullshit.

>One of Bloomberg’s sources told them Chinese spy chip story “didn’t make sense”

you mean this?
>The security expert, Yossi Appleboum, provided documents, analysis and other evidence of the discovery following the publication of an investigative report in Bloomberg Businessweek that detailed how China’s intelligence services had ordered subcontractors to plant malicious chips in Supermicro server motherboards over a two-year period ending in 2015.
>Appleboumpreviously worked in the technology unit of the Israeli Army Intelligence Corps

ITT: 4channers willingly embrace known hardware exploits in Chinese manufactured electronics while espousing the security and integrity of OBSD just lol

yikes...

Hey I totally believe China is out there trying to sabotage hardware, but when the anonymous sources turn out to be Mossad, you can toss that story out the window.

Why exactly do you say that for this particular case? We know the Chinese have been doing this for years with home routers and cell phones

>Hey I totally believe China is out there trying to sabotage hardware, but when the anonymous sources turn out to be Mossad, you can toss that story out the window.

Attached: 1538444746326.png (230x219, 7K)

>not just watching traffic from a different device
why are governments less capable than random basement kids?

>you can toss that story out the window.
Umm... I mean it's not like they where wrong though.
Even if a dubious source pointed out the problem it doesn't make the problem that was pointed out to go away.

No we don't. We do know however that the NSA have bugged US made equipment, we even got it well documented.

TIGER WILL POWER

>It's ok for china to spy on us because the US spies on us too

Attached: 1539009565969.png (1200x800, 46K)

He could have planted it to stir up shit. Israel has been known to do this type of thing. I need a trustworthy source, then I will believe it.

They 100% are. The Bloom((berg)) story made no sense to begin with. Nothing concrete is provided. Any engineer will tell how bullshit that story is. There are tons of engineers that check and analyze the PCBs using various methods.

>He could have planted it to stir up shit. Israel has been known to do this type of thing. I need a trustworthy source, then I will believe it.
I believe it, because China is known for doing things like this. They've been caught many times.

Bloomberg is quite specific about what "the problem" is - SuperMicro has bugged Apple servers, yet they can't prove any of it or provide any specifics. They can provide only hearsay how it could be done and claims that everybody else is lying.

We know it can be done, but attacking specific companies without anything provable and dubious source seems more like stock manipulation. I'd bet my ass that the Jew wanted to make some money and Bloomberg swallowed the bait.

No. Kikes

>USA was documented due to a leak
>China is innocent because there's no paper trail

Attached: americans.jpg (1000x667, 247K)

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/qv9npv/bloomberg-china-supermicro-apple-hack
>An Apple employee with direct knowledge of the company’s internal investigations who spoke on condition of anonymity told Motherboard that “none of the most consequential portions” of the original Bloomberg story as they relate to Apple are true. They said the company did not find malicious chips in its servers, it did not remove or dispose of those servers, and added that Apple did not inform the FBI nor frustrate an investigation into this incident .

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA (((BLOOMBERG))) LITERALLY MADE IT ALL UP

Someone should send the SEC a tip. I bet more likely than not someone opened a massive short position on SuperMicro before the story broke.

Oh wow an unnamed source made claims that line up with a company's official public stance? Damn this is definitely some shit I should believe. Good journalism boys. Pack it in.

This so much. It sounded so believable, but at the same time something was very odd about the way Bloomberg streamed the whole thing. I wasn't sure since the beginning if I should believe this or not.

THE FUCKING JEWS

So what if the employee is unnamed? If he's a mossad agent then his jewishness and the jewishness of the original source cancel out.

If he's not Jewish then the anonymous source is infinitely more credible than a mossad agent.

damage control the thread.

>but when the anonymous sources turn out to be Mossad, you can toss that story out the window.
Why though? It's an open secret that Israel is getting very close to China. Israel even sold US technology to the Chinese in the past. So it makes sense that they would know what the chinks have been up to.

based greatest ally keeping us safe, just ordered an i9 9900k to show my appreciation and support

>believable
Only for absolute brainlets and NPCs

There's no physical trail either, at least for the murrikike there's a paper trail and circumstantial physical evidence

>many times
When? Post all of those times when China physically bugs enterprise hardware

>hey here's this great hack in your computers
>this is bulllshit we don't find anything like that
>haha I was only pretending to be trolling you!
>*installs those chips in the next gen after everyone believes it was a hoax*
Yo are welcome.

this is why US intel agencies suggested that Trump stop using his android phone (even tho his genius brain refused to give it up).

But you're right. No country on the planet, other than the US engages in espionage. It's only us...

Attached: yikes.png (1452x1612, 1.51M)

yeah, thats called the Android OS fucking retard

They just wanted to make some money shorting supermicro

nice job on avoiding the fact that we have years of evidence of China attempting to hack/steal our secrets in many different way. I can do this shit all night

Attached: and_again.png (2496x1566, 2.35M)

Another article by journalists with little if any understanding of the subject?

lol it's an AP article printed in the NYT you absolute dipshit. Do you even know anything about journalism other than which Fox News competitor to be triggered by?

There's literally no mention of anything related to hardware in there
Since you're an absolute brainlet NPC I will do it for you, the Huawei telecomm hardware, though no agency who claimed they where backdoored provided any evidence it's the closest to the paper and physical trail the US left in their shitload of espionage shenanigans

AP claimed Trump was lying about Syria when he used information provided by AP back on 2013
The people AP is quoting are analysts, like the ones Bloomberg is quoting for their unfounded article for stock manipulation
kys brainlet

lol you're a gigantic faggot. what part of
>evidence of China attempting to hack/steal our secrets in many different way
>many different ways
did you fail to comprehend?

imagine that, here you are posting on Jow Forums instead of working for a Washington think tank...

are you actually retarded or just a kike trying desperately to deflect?

This just seems like a smear campaign against chink electronics to promote ((usa made)) electronics

lmfao get a load of this shill bot impersonator

watcha doin there, rabbi? shouldnt you be catching up on your daily quota for sucking the blood out of mutilated baby cocks?

what's with the all out defense of supermicro? What intel do they have on YOU?

I just hate when kikes do plain stock manipulation and get away with it
At least people like Elon get a slap on the wrist

do you really? do you just hate it?

Attached: alt_right_dating.gif (368x200, 2.26M)

Malware picture frames:
>Before Christmas, Samsung and Amazon issued alerts warning customers that some Photo Frame Driver CDs for Samsung's SPF line of digital photo frames contained a virus in the frame manager software. Customer PCs running Windows XP are at risk of being infected by the virus, W32.Sality.AE, which drops a keylogger or backdoor onto the system.

>Element and Mercury brand frames sold at Circuit City and Wal-Mart, respectively, also were reported to be infected, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Chinese router security.
>The password to gain administrative access to a router using this port is written into each Netis/Netcore device's firmware — it can't be changed. Every single Netis/Netcore router, Trend Micro said, has the same password for the backdoor.

>If attackers get the password and access the router's external IP address, they'll be able to log into the router as well as upload and run files to it. The attackers could also change the DNS settings, redirecting users to malicious websites, or conduct man-in-the-middle attacks that secretly control both ends of a communication or transaction.

Qakbot Malware on thumbdrives
>Yet another security breach, this time at a financial institution, using malware located on a USB thumb drive. The malware was previously placed on the drives, which were purchased in bulk by the financial institution from the manufacturer in China. The FBI forensics have determined that the malware variant was placed on the drives prior to entry into the United States. This would have people believing that not only was this on purpose, but also targeted.

Dey wuz gud Boyz, Dey dindunuffin.

Mossad's motto is war by way of deception. Believing anything they say at face value is beyond retarded.

>ITT

Attached: ezgif-1-8118e02c72.gif (229x263, 803K)

>Also ITT

Attached: China.jpg (225x225, 6K)

can you not fucking read or what? none of those are hardware

There's driver software for Baofeng radios being sold on Ebay that contain Chinese malware,too. I've seen relentless attacks on servers and routers, too. The Chinese are literally cockroaches looking for scraps anywhere they can. The Jews are more like rats, in that they are cunning and sneaky. I'd say there's truth in the claims, but that doesn't mean there isn't some malignant intent behind it.

No mention of China in the first one, no relation (unless Samsung was compromised or outsourced the software to China), the CDs aren't pressed in China, or do you believe Samsung it's a Chinese company?
Second one isn't even a backdoor, it's absolute shit firmware, as expected from companies that give no fucks about security or quality
Only the third one is actually directly related to China, with a nice physical trail, but it isn't hardware, it's entirely software, which I never claimed China didn't use for espionage

Yeah, if you buy stuff from dubious Chink resellers on AliExpress and eBay odds are that it will contain firmware/software malware, since chink sellers flash/download their firmware and software from incredibly dubious sites due to incompetence and sometimes malice
It's quite common on chink phones, like some Xiaomemes, that haven't seen a global (official English translated with gapps) release and stock that predates the official release

Does anyone else find this super suspicious?
My trust with China is always super low but there are a few things that bother me

1. Traces have to be made at the factory for a blank chip spot but putting traces like that is never easy and electronics themselves have to go through usually multiple iterations before they work normally. Now imagine that + this chip

2. The chips isn't "super powerful" AND it cannot be psychically far from pci-e/network chips. Otherwise it would cause obvious issues with the rest of the hardware

3. The act of inserting the chip looks impossible (unless pictured is the wrong chip). It would have to be soldered on? Either way all motherboards should have a blank spot with traces going to where the chip would be

who else /buy the dip/?

Attached: smci.png (908x34, 5K)

OY VEY

Attached: 1521044013889.jpg (1170x1974, 287K)

What are you talking about? They get the plans for the board and then modify them without saying, you the buyer are not going to put your shit through an xray machine to check if the traces are in the right spot. This is entirely feasible if you control the manufacturing

Here is a crazy thought, what if a government knew that bugs were being planted inside corporations and either repurposed it to keep tabs on the ones snooping, or used it against their own nation to gain collection data from a company who told them earlier to get stuffed when asked? Crazy right?

Fucking love that.

Was there an important sellout "minutes" before the bloomberg article? That would not surprise me at all from (((them)))

What would Apple gain by denying it at this point?
Wouldn't they gain more by publicly affirming the claims?

The location of the chip does not match anywhere near a reasonable spot to either collect data or allow any control. Remember the further away the more likely that not only would the chip not work but it would take whatever it was hooked into down with it or at least cause noticeable problems.

Further more there would be an empty spot with traces going to that would be on a hundred thousand motherboards but they provide only a hand drawn motherboard schematic. There should be tons of available motherboard so show off like a murder weapon to a crazy serial killer.

>Israel Army Intelligence
So it's clear now that it is in (((their))) best interest to push the US into a full-on war with China.

>Jow Forumsniggers shilling jewish FUD

So you're saying they're knockoffs of Supermicro boards, not Supermicro boards themselves.

Relevant:

Attached: Data-Center-.jpg (1170x780, 279K)

They would be admitting to hiding a known security compromise to their customers. They would also be violating a gag order.

It's p dumb that people are like "LOOK HOW HARD THEY'RE DENYING! This totally isn't what they would do."

Their strong denial is what they would do whether or not the story is true. It gives exactly zero information. Either they deny it because they know or think it's false OR they deny it because the gag order requires it and denying it allows them not be in trouble for securities fraud.

The sell off started at 11:00 AM on the dot according to google's chart. The (((Bloomberg)))) article was posted at 11:01 AM. Really makes you think huh

> In September when he asked me like, “Okay, hey, we think it looks like a signal amplifier or a coupler. What’s a coupler? What does it look like?” […] I sent him a link to Mouser, a catalog where you can buy a 0.006 x 0.003 inch coupler. Turns out that’s the exact coupler in all the images in the story.

Thanks, user. I'm a little stoned

So the Jews are behind this.... Why would they want to hurt the exchange of tech coming from China? Intel couldn't possibly be trying to hurt the overseas fabs right guys?

What gag order?

WW3 when? It would be great for history if such a massive tragedy was created over such an insignificant travesty

When they order you to gag on their cocks.

I said "what gag order?", not "what is a gag order?".

You're welcome.

what is the motive for making it up though? maybe clicks, but they have plenty of other clickbait shit to post about with a bigger audience.

The only reasonable outcomes from this article are: a) it's false and bloomberg is ridiculed or b) it's true and manufacturers need to dramatically overhaul their security processes.

Who does that benefit? Not Mossad, that's for sure.

Companies that shorted Supermicro.

These threads are about SuperMicro's paid goons doing damage control on a nazi anime forum and nothing else.

Don't let this (((journalistic integrity))) narrative fool you

Attached: path.jpg (1241x438, 68K)

This smells like crying in pain as hitting someone

>story published and created by a mac shilling site

Yeah, right.

Schlomo's at it again

Yeah, lots of engineers are incompetent tho and only check "traffic", when they should check power consumption patterns and calculate which components draw how much power during networking activity.

It seems part of a campaign to expose China as a risky hardware dependency.

Even if it's fake, I think they're right. It's time to get rid of all hardware from China as soon as we can. Time to replace it only with stuff made by our countries or our allies.

It's gonna take time and money, for sure, but it's possible.

googles chart doesn't even have minute level granularity...

well then post one ya dingus

Is this the same (((security))) company that "uncovered" those non-exploit exploits in Ryzen?

Jokes aside

Trump needs to sanction China and India (a long term ally of the commie sphere). We can't leave the future of the tech industry to a bunch of foreigners who have a grudge against the west because the brits fucked them over a century ago

fuck off, I'm an npc and this never ever made sense

t. Sholomo Jingleberg

Kinda the wrong way to go about it though. Everyone makes in China, so singling out Supermicro and initially, at least, laying blame on them damages that company more than China as a manufacturing center.

The article said Supermicro is a victim just like other affected companies.

They're all pointing at China, not at some US companies using Chinese parts. The takeaway is 'dudes, stop getting your shit from china, we don't know whether those components are safe'.

Sadly, I wouldn't put it past China or the kikes to perpetrate this shit

Attached: 1536020268739.jpg (499x800, 76K)