What is the official Jow Forums verdict on Vivaldi 2.0?

What is the official Jow Forums verdict on Vivaldi 2.0?

Attached: vivaldi-2.0-onboarding.png (946x573, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vivaldi.com/source/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

chink botnet

Sweety you're thinking of Opera. Vivaldi was explicitly created for the purpose of forking away from the chinks.

faeces of a chink botnet

closed source botnet

Attached: 1534407010878.png (110x183, 28K)

Still shit

Then why are they closed source based off of a closed source based off of an open source browser?

close source snowflake botnet

Actually based webrowser, non botnet, secure, non open source, so nerds can't reverse engineer anything.

>Open source is bad

Its addons come from the chrome store.
Those are severely underpowered and therefore useless.
Otherwise I'd adopt the browser, because it offers many small niceties for browsing out of the box.

i really want to like it but it crashes randomly once a week

I'm still on 1.15

so far it's based and redpilled. the guys at work make fun of me for using it, but they're browsers are nowhere near as comfy

their*

fuck

>Oy vey! Don't examine the source, goy! It's another shoah!

But yeah anyway, it's pretty good. The way they handle tag group navigation is pretty shite until you make use of the "window panel" tree-style tab feature, but otherwise it's a neat Chromium-based browser with neat built-in features. I can see why some people would rather have a more minimal browser but having vertical tabs are very important to me so I like it

Attached: vivaldi_2018-10-09_16-53-47.png (725x272, 27K)

kind of buggy, like it freezes on twitter and some sites

It's great, I used to use opera but then it became a chink botnet

i really really like firefox

Actually Vivaldi is open source.
The "core" part (chromium engine modified to make their UI run on it) is available on their website.
Everything else is in plain text JavaScript in the installation folder. That means you can read, audit, modify and patch everything in Vivaldi. You can even submit your patch to the dev team, they already accepted a few.
Only it's not "libre" software, you can't fork and redistribute it.

Attached: 1537634534775.jpg (1080x1350, 234K)

I have not updated yet because of reopening my tabs - I should though.

closed source

"Vivaldi also contains third party code. Licenses for these parts can be found in the source package and in the installed browser by navigating tovivaldi://credits"
BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T

So does literally any browser

Votnet

ungoogled/unchinked vivaldi when?
I would use ungoogled chromium but I never liked the chrome interface, but I was amazed when I tried vivaldi, it's comfy as fuck.

kinda like it desu, but will still main firefox. the totally not FOSS will forever besmirch it though

I liked it but it's dubious as fuck, so I went back to Midori.

>chromium engine modified to make their UI run on it

Attached: 1543814636215.jpg (640x640, 36K)

Бoтнeт, мы фpиeнд

>can't open bookmarks from the bookmarks bar when they are in a sub folder
In the trash it goes.

This doesn't happen in GNU IceCat

Attached: URDOINITWRONG.png (1920x1080, 208K)

That's one ugly ass Chromium reskin.

Proprietary.

Don't really know about the changes since this latest stable release, but it's my main browser for Jow Forums and youtube since last year. I'm someone who tries software a lot over the years.
Mouse gestures have made things super quick for me, I know you can get addons for other browsers. But Vivaldis are slick and fast.
I have right click up left to open the side panel and right click down right to shut a tab for example. This saves so much time. There are many other reasons too,
I gave up on it early days because of the blurry text issue.
Now youtube vids load really quick and I like the aesthetic more than any other browser I've used.
I should work for them lol.
Oh yeah there always was slight delays on loading pages, not much but noticeable, don't know if that's a bit quicker now.

You'd have to be an idiot to run a closed source browser.

I don't see you reviewing millions of lines of code.

The source code is freely viewable. Everything that isn't chrome is written in javascript avaliable inside the browser folder. It isn't open source however. You aren't allowed to redistubute the software.

This

Attached: 43245323_10212170462529842_1872063574449324032_n.jpg (377x392, 12K)

No, I review a very small fraction occasionally, and rely on the fact that it's open to scrutiny and many others read other fractions to reasonably trust it's not botnetted to hell and back.
It's too fat and juicy of a target to not have plenty of eyes glued on it.
I can view some source code. Wether that is what compiled to the released binary or not I can't know. If I can't compile it myself, the "source release" is useless.

>Oh yeah there always was slight delays on loading pages, not much but noticeable, don't know if that's a bit quicker now.
I'm not convinced there is a delay. I remember thinking the exact same thing when I started using it, but I think it's merely Vivaldi loading pages differently than say chrome. When chrome loads a page it immediately switches to it and begins loading in the data, but I feel like Vivaldi loads the data first then switches to it causing that weird pause where you're not sure if you actually clicked it since the screen hasn't changed

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE ANDROID VERSION YOU RETARDS ARE MAKING RPI EDITIONS THAT ARE USED BY 0.0001% OF THE WORLD AND STILL NO VERSION FOR AN ACTUAL MARKET HOLY SHIT HOW RETARDED CAN A DEVELOPMENT BE / 10 BOTTOM TEXT

Exactly, I was thinking that as I was typing the comment out actually.

>he owns a "smart" phone

pre-riced botnet

botnet/10

WOMM™
This.

RPi version is just a recompile for ARM. An Android version would require work.

They wouldn't allow the fork or redistribution. Vivaldi have open source code but proprietary licencing.
You can just distribute a patch and let users apply it themselves

They need an Android client and sync.

I want to switch away from Firefox, with their sjw / anti-meritocracy bs.

I miss the old opera. It just needs extensions.

They have sync now. Client-side encrypted, you need a Vivaldi account plus an additional password for the sync.

I tried using it, but I just dont like how it looks, used to love opera

Fuck Vivaldi for android let us have Chrome with extensions enabled first at least
It is endlessly retarded we can't have a chrome based browser with extensions on android

No popout video, so it's just another chromium bot.

>Sweety
Mentally ill trap detected

If vivaldi is closed-source, I'm going to ditch it. Other than that, it's big, feature-rich and a bit bloated. Browsing feels sluggish, too many sidebars. I still love it for how it looks and feels.

>tfw iridium browser is dead.

Really digged the Iridium for Desktop, Bromite for Android experience. Very smooth.

the web is a botnet.

LOL WTF is this shitty fucking UI?

>He thinks closed source will prevent reverse engineering
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHAHAHAHHAAH

>you can audit the source code
>except that you can't
>but you can audit the source code!
>except not, though. sorry!
Sounds like a botnet to me.

Attached: 1528550902801.png (1145x674, 397K)

No, he doesn't. He's just hoping you'll be too stupid to realize that and just blindly take that as another "good" reason for using this obvious piece of spyware.

You can compile it yourself though.
Reread his post and use your brain a little :^)

vivaldi.com/source/

Except that you can't.

>still has a sidebar
ew

frick yeah it does, you faggot

Mine doesn't
>ew

So what's the official Jow Forums browser if not vivaldi?

bloated resource hog

How’s otter-browser doing?

Non-free botnet

Vivaldi is open sourced, dumb nigger
vivaldi.com/source/

>Jow Forums is one person
Firefox if you go by majority popularity

No, it isn't.

superior GNU IceCat

Do you use the FF60 version? If so how do you like it?

>reskinned chrome
>convoluted ui
>slow & clunky
>offers nothing unique
i'll say this: vivaldi is better than firefox at this point, but not by much, and it's still a poor man's version of chromium, which is way better that both firefox and vivaldi

I don't know what you're trying to say, but I understand not everybody can read JS and HTML

>offers nothing unique
Chromium has built-in:
screenshotting
note taking
repositional tab bar
tree-style-tabs
addon icon ordering
theme editing
mouse gestures
tiled tab viewing
tab hibernation (without using the task manager)
optional manual session saving

If so i'll drop this and install it right away

meant to tag

at least viv users can sleep soundly with the knowledge that if the browser crashes and burns they can just use the next chrome forkskin they release

Sweaty*

I'm using it as the Blink-alternative to Firefox, for when I need or want.
I kinda like it. Would consider using it as my main browser if it had containers like FF.

Attached: file.png (1280x1050, 157K)

vivaldi is just a crappy closed source chromium skin

Attached: vivaldi.png (1536x1750, 126K)

Chromium is open source

Attached: nido.org_1438551503163_n.jpg (678x1000, 94K)

Are you a fucking retard?

Attached: 61536.jpg (243x302, 45K)

pure kino

i love the history statistics

Attached: Capture.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

Shillvaldi == B O T N E T

Is this what Jow Forumsniggers are shilling now that Brave is dead?

Attached: cat_disrespectful-stare.jpg (3696x2940, 1.75M)

>no decent extension support
>shitty UI
>broken bookmark system

Brave is dead because they want

based

Just tried it out. It allowed me to solve the captcha on the first try and the boxes faded in less than 1sec. 100% botnet confirmed. Uninstalling this trash immediately

Scrolling by clicking the middle mouse button and moving it without letting it go is still fucked. And it's been like this since the early versions.

And it still takes several seconds to open, unlike Firefox and Chrome.

Chromium's simple UI with the assistance of extensions if needed is better.

Vivaldi is bloat.

But you already can use Chrome extensions?

It's gonna take a while to get used to, but that capture page to clipboard - Fuck yes. I'm converted.