Why are monitors so expensive?

Why are monitors so expensive?
There isn't a single decent monitor at a reasonable price.

It's 2018, 4K IPS monitors with 1ms response time, 3000:1 g2g contrast, 120Hz and 28 inch should not cost as much as a car.

Honestly, find me ONE fair deal

>inb4 4K TN monitor with shit colors for 400$

Attached: 802615-771765-290[1].jpg (290x224, 11K)

>IPS

Boo hoo

Sage

>tfw a monitor equivalent to the one I bought over 5 years ago is more expensive today
Guess I'll keep mine a little longer.

Which one you got, breh?

Asus VG278HE
27", 1080p, 144Hz
No DP though, and it can only output over 60Hz using DVI-D as the HDMI back then couldn't.

Unironically I love my predator monitor.

60Hz is more than enough, you gaymer retard.

>Asus VG278HE
nice. But the price and resolution are kinda.... terrible.

>27" 1440p overclockable to 96 Hz for only $300, 4 years ago
God bless gookshit.

No.
I have an IQ of 130. Because of that my brain works SUPER fast. I can think, speak, write and work double as quick as the average folk.

60Hz for me is like 30Hz for you.

But I'm sure you wouldn't understand.

They are pricey indeed. I bought an LG ultrawide 25UM55 for less than 200 bucks in 2015. I can't find anything better today for that price. Fuck I can barely even find something like this one.

The problem with what you're asking for is that different technology is good at different things. TN panels have very fast response times and so can have high refresh rates, but they have shit viewing angles and colour reproduction. IPS have really nice colour and viewing angles but have worse response rates.

There's no 1 panel technology that does everything well, the best you can hope for is 1 that does one thing well and isn't too shit at the others.

Right now the best choice seems to be IPS, they have the colour and the viewing angles but they can get the response time down as low as 4ms which is enough to make a good gaming panel.

Are you autistic or have you never seen a 144Hz monitor?
There is a clear difference.
Now when my compiler errors fill my screen I see them so fast.

even 5ms IPS still costs as much as gold.

I paid it 400€ and that was in 2013, it's far from terrible, even with the 3D tax.

Some people legit can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 frames per second with one of those tests. That said it's a little bit retarded to tell people what they can or can't see with their own eyes. The placebo argument with refresh rate is the equivalent of "I can't hear those sirens over there so you can't".

Anyone experience with AOC U2777PQU?

Seems pretty decent

>look at me, I’m speshul
No, you’re not.

I never said I was. Perhaps you are, since you can't see shit that normally people would.

>Why are monitors so expensive?
This really is a good question; ignoring 1ms response times and 120Hz refresh rates and that kind of thing.

Looking at traditional 4k televisions it's lots of choice at very cheap prices. Looking at 24-27" 4k monitors it's a very limited amounts of products to choose between and comparably much higher prices.

>There's no 1 panel technology that does everything well
True, but VA panels (which you don't mention for some reason) seem to be a pretty good trade-off middle-ground between TN and IPS. Higher refresh rates than IPS, better colors than TN and deeper blacks than IPS. This being said, if I have to choose a monitor using one of those it'll be IPS just because I don't care if it's got a 60ms limit. TNs basically just worth considering if you will only use it for gaming ever, it's garbage for basically anything else imho

You wouldn’t be able to tell a 144Hz monitor from 60Hz in an ABX test, faggot.

Don't look at the mirror too hard, might fuck your eyes even more.

Yeah I mean that was a nice post and all, but unless you're blind you can tell the difference between 30hz and 144hz.
Thanks for trying though.
If you can't tell the difference, what the fuck are you doing being a monitor "enthusiast"?

Seething /v/ermin.

>unless you're blind
I don't know why you think I'm arguing otherwise.

Cant believe desktop users are still paying top dollars for 1000-2000 contrast IPS panels.

Lol

Ironically, the IPS panels produced by the major manufacturers (AUO, Samsung, LG) have actually gotten worse in terms of raw image quality in order to cut costs. Those gaming IPS monitors that are priced at $1.5-2k aren't necessarily use much better panels, they just have a bunch of additional features that jack up the cost. The only good IPS panels that exist anymore are Panasonic IPS Pros, and those can only be found on color-critical monitors costing upwards of $4k.

>3D tax
You wot m8

Fair enough, let me back up then and ask what it is you are arguing?
Honest question

That it's dumb to tell people they can't tell the difference when they do, even though there's people that can't.

Ask Nvidia, kek.
The only reason we end up with so many high-refresh rate monitors today is because back then they Nvidia believed 3D gaming was the future

Attached: 1.jpg (616x347, 12K)

So it's dumb to tell a colorblind person a car is green?

It's dumb to be colorblind and tell a non-colorblind person that the car is actually red just because you see red.

get a qx2710
ips, 1440p, low input lag, no gay scaler, runs at 96-120hz, was only $300 3 years ago

Nvm my guy, misread your previous post.
If someone can't see the difference, that's fine, but I can and it is dumb to tell me I can't.

>1080p
disgusting

nope, 90hz or close to is minimum acceptable

That's what I've been saying, god dammit.

my pva panel has good viewing angles, high refresh, and fast response
your argument is invalid

What's worse is that if all manufacturers just agreed to only produce 4k monitors for everything, they would cost less than an 1080p monitor.
Take a look at TV prices.

funny all those korean ips were dirt cheap and very overclockable... years ago

>he thinks dynamic contrast is good

Stop being poor lol

Perfectly content with my 27in 1080p monitors that cost like 150 a piece. Plenty of cheap and good options.

I have a Dell U2713HM 1440p and the only thing I would upgrade for is more hdmi ports. 4K is still out of reach due to performance hit in games and ui and text scaling issues.

>81 PPI

Fuck, I hope there's some good distance between you and those monitors.

>27" 1080p
Enjoy your Xbox size pixels

I'm eyeing the BenQ PD3200U for Black Friday or Cyber Monday, are there any other contenders like it or better?

>Million-to-one contrast IPS LCD panels are real and have been deliverable for years
>nobody knows about it
>no products exist

wow, so.. this is the power of the free market

Attached: click.jpg (839x835, 119K)

That's Panasonic stacked LCD tech, which is actually something different from their standard IPS-Pro panels. The Eizo CG3145 is the only monitor I know of that uses it so far. It's $30k though, uses 300W while running, and has four cooling fans in the back, so not exactly for everyone.