And tell me, what was the reason you started making use of Linux?

>And tell me, what was the reason you started making use of Linux?

Attached: Photo.png (615x414, 273K)

i just wanted freedom and the ability to make my laptop MINE

Attached: sfda.jpg (1024x668, 166K)

i wanted to edgelord

Got tired of viruses, adware and spyware.

paranoia, to stick it to big corps. Then i got a job, stopped caring, and am back to windows.

it's free

the hacker know as Jow Forums told me to install gentoo

Slow laptops and being poor got me into GNU/Linux around 2013. Started with DSL, then Slackware when I got a newer laptop, and have been on something Arch based ever since because I didn't understand how Linux worked at the time and pacman saved my life. Was too much of an autistic edgelord at the time to use anything apt based and I've just been comfortable with Arch. Never had any issues.

I use Arch for general use and work as well now.

If you telemarketers weren't spamming all the time Jow Forums would be 10 times better.

I like to pretend that I know how to program computers. I hope that if I use Arch Linux long enough I will one day know how to program my own x86_64 OS

>telemarketers
BUT WHO WAS PHONE?!?!

>smart enough to use GNU/Linux
>not smart enough to use Windows without getting malware

Attached: 1531496170337.jpg (431x431, 14K)

Seemed like the better and more hassle-free environment for development, and in retrospect, that's exactly right.

I wanted an operating system that was as cool as my Honda Civic.

I was tired of wasting half of my time trying to un-shit windows so I just installed fedora workstation and never went to any subreddit or stackoverflow thread ever since.

Windows is spyware by definition, can't disprove that.

"Because of a huge CoC-craving fetish"

Im muslim and ISIS needs me

*tip*

I couldn't get my printer to work.

Attached: rms.jpg (1024x682, 126K)

I wanted to compile helllo world from "K&R" book, Linux had an included C compiler, exactly as the book said it would be called 'cc', while my Windows 98, had no C compiler, and required money to get it.

Linux, RedHat 6.2 and a C compiler, exactly 'cc' as in the book, was available in the local library book.

I like being counterculture

That's why I use the operating system that runs 95% of the world's servers.