Have a folder with screencaps with timestamps in the filename

>have a folder with screencaps with timestamps in the filename
>have the video
>want to replace old screencaps with new screencaps because of new screenshot settings
>don't want to re-watch the video and do it again

could a script do it?

Attached: 1535631199118.jpg (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-screenshot-format
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

where can i find such a script?

make it yourself

i don't know how to code and i want someone to make it for me

then go to

no

yes

new screenshot settings?

maybe

Fucking learn faggot

pm'd you the solution

thanks senpai

grep the timestamp and recapture with ffmpeg.
ffmpeg -ss $time -i $file -vframes 1 -q:v 2 "$file - $time".jpg

Likes this on a loop.

>could a script do it?
Yes. The biggest question would be what program you want to take screenshots with and whether that program can accept command line options in order to take screenshots at a specified timestamp. I imagine you should be able to extract a frame at a specified timestamp with ffmpeg at least, but that probably wouldn't take into account whatever "screenshot settings" you have made in your player.

I'm using MPV, I suppose that should work, but I'm on Windows

why don't you explain the problem you're trying to solve? what are "new screenshot settings"?

I don't use mpv so I don't know, you'll have to read its documentation to see if anything like that is available.

I forgot to change the screenshot settings in MPV, so I was using default settings (low quality) for quite some time, it wasn't until recently that I changed it because the default settings are garbage and I don't want to re-watch everything and replace my old shitty screenshots with new screenshots because it would literally take years if I did it manually. I basically want a script to read the timestamp in the screenshot's file name and take a new screenshot at the exact same time with MPV. If this is possible, that would be great.

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-screenshot-format

Attached: 1516825330635.png (443x327, 13K)

see

but isn't ffmpeg something entirely different? I want the screenshots to be taken with mpv

same idea though just use mpv command

it simple
for i in videos do
for j in i.frames do
for k in caps do
if similarity (j, k) > 90% then
capture j
there op u brainlet

ur the brainlet because u dont know what OP wants