Signs of amateur freelancers

>experience: C++
>rate: $100/hr

Attached: SMUG.jpg (412x350, 49K)

>C++
>Freelancing

Nice meme OP. Maybe next time search what freelancers actually do. You're either developing websites or basic applications. If you're using C++ for that, you are autistic and it makes sense that you're unemployed.

Wow, I didn't realize programmers have such awful reading comprehension. I've been looking to HIRE freelancers for the past few weeks and I keep seeing 16 year old tutorial kiddies who think they should be making six figures because they know how to program a calculator.

And as usually op is a fucking faggot

Are you people brain damaged or something? Do you not know that people pay other people to do programming and that there's processes involved in connecting these parties?

That is literally Jow Forums though.

Knowing a programming language has nothing to do with knowing how to program. There is no superior language. There is only superior methodology.

>Why won't people do work for slave wages reeeee
Gas yourself

stop posting smug anime girls on my board

C++ is the one I see most commonly since for some reason people tend to think they're special for knowing it.
You seriously think $100 an hour is a reasonable wage for grunt programming? Not even project management?

I know you're baiting, but out of curiosity what's an acceptable wage to you?

Well you didn't even mention what the fuck you were looking for, for all we know $100/h is a valid wage.

$40/hr or up front payment of a lump sum in the thousands

if you can't find anyone willing to do the work at what you're offering, it's not reasonable. the end

I'm able to I just have to sift through dozens of entitled high schoolers. It's a lot like using Jow Forums

There are tons of freelancers who charge premium and make premium and then there are even more who undersell and appeal to the worst type of flaky customers. Your lack of self-worth is showing.

what anime
will trade name for legendary rare meme

It's time for freelancers to unionize, because those undersellers devalue the work for the rest of us.

Please don't post cute cat god for shitposting purposes, thank you.

anime website

*pajeet teleports behind you*
nothin pesonal sir
etotama

anime website

>replying to my posts

Attached: fps.jpg (750x850, 361K)

Please don't post cute cat gamer for shitposting purposes, thank you.

off by one is totally lie.

$100 is actually on the lower end for c++ freelancing

I know IOS freelancers that charge way more than 100$ an hour.

>2018
>freelance
kek

For real though if you know how to program in C++ with a very high degree of competency and minimal mistakes/delays then I think $100/hour is pretty reasonable given how someone with a fraction of the competency will at best take 2-4X longer to complete a project and at worst fuck your shit up in every direction.

OP you can either:
A.) Hire a competent programmer for that much (assuming he can prove himself to you) to finish a project in a week or so.
B.) Hire some desperate dipshit to maybe finish your project in the span of a few months

In the end they'll both probably cost the same long term but you'll waste time AND money.

2 weeks at $100/hour: $8,000
3 months at $40/hour $19,200

Attached: 1537234132679.png (900x1000, 253K)

>t. ideas guy

You're not paying for someone that knows how to program in a certain language, you're paying for them to program in that certain language competently. It's the same with carpenters/painters/masons, you can pick up some wetbacks at your local home depot for $100 a day to fuck your shit up or $1000 a day to a really skilled person to do a really good job. You're paying for competency not knowledge, any schmuch can memorize C++ syntax and a few templates.

Attached: 1538591935172.jpg (719x759, 44K)

Lol go fuck yourself, like anyone half decent will work for you for $40 "an hour", especially when anyone with experience will easily make far more working far less

sup OP I can do some work for you
$10/hr in btc
I'm a college student
[spoiler]please hire me I'm starving[/spoiler]

I think $100 an hour is a ton of money to get.
t. poor slav earning 450€ a month.

>I will pay you 100/hr
Get the fuck away from me you low life piece of shit. If you suggest anything less than my standard rate (250/hr) and come anywhere near me I will throw a rock at your head

The SV bubble has made American software engineers. You'll have to bear with it until it pops or start offshoring. There's plenty houses abroad that give you an entire team for what a single SE costs you. And no, I'm not talking about India.

extremely expensive*

This
:

Yeah an entire team of dipshits that accomplish nothing and barely speak english otherwise their very existence would drive the wages of the American SEs down

Yeah but how much do you pay for a hamburger?

Somewhat fancy hamburger is $10-14 with fries, $7 for a cheap-fancy hamburger.

That commie fuck is gonna say that's overpriced and it should be no more than 1.50, with fries and drink

I've already seen a bunch of American startups that have a tiny office in SV to please the VC crowd, and have their entire dev team in eastern Europe living like kings.
The current SV wages entirely depend on VC deep pockets being pleased, and lately there's been a lot of bad software news.

I could get a $0.30 meal in China believe it or not.

pretty fucking questionable though even though they would be like "that's the average price of two steamed buns, stop questioning the meat"

Based

It's basic arbitrage. There are ridiculously good developers in eastern Europe (Ukraine is a popular outsourcing place) with relatively low wages.

It's a no brainer: you can have Sergei who knows C, C++ and algorithms or Ada Melba Princess Tweek Tweek, a transgender developer who barely knows Javascript and Python and costs 5 times more, but will spend most of xer times on Twitter anyway.

I see fellow taxlaw bros freelance for 450 euro per hour for what I as a wagey do for 18 euro per hour.

And often the freelancers let a bunch of interns do their work. And they just verify if everything is correct.

I'm American and I program for 17.50 an hour

The Zodiac weren't gods, the gods watched their fights for entertainment

Poor you, I work as a web dev and earn 300€ a month. Im slav as well.

read this again

>up front payment of a lump sum in the thousands
Depends on the project size then. Can you give a general idea of what you're trying to get built?

This is one of many reasons I don't do hourly any more. Ask for $X/hr where X exceeds whatever the client had in mind, and it sounds like you're overstating your worth. People compare it to the hourly wage of an employee even though they're totally different things.

Instead I quote a lump sum for the project, and the client can then instead think of it in terms of total cost vs the total value the project will add. Depersonalises the negotiation. If I finish it fast, I can get the equivalent of a very high hourly wage, so I'm incentivised to work efficiently. Everyone wins.

Unless I underestimate the work involved, of course. Then I'm effectively working for a very low effective wage. That's the risk/downside. Still well worth it.