>updates anyway
>remove the .dll's and .exe' associated with windows10 update
>windows no longer boots
I
Absolutely
Fucking
Hate
Microsoft

Attached: A-look-of-disgust.jpg (400x267, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ameliorated.info
youtube.com/watch?v=PUaDkQFD7FE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>do dumb thing
>bad thing happen

>newest win10 update said to delete files
>microsoft calims to pull it
>gets pushed anyway
>disable the services solely attributed to windows update
>can no longer boot because niggersoft made the updating services fundamental to the operating system

Oh great this lenovo piece of shit laptop cant boot from USB either because their shotty chink bios.

Wonderful.

Fuck i miss the days when you could just fucking plug a computer in and it would just work and not automatically do retarded shit in the background.

Attached: 1537308536957.gif (500x300, 489K)

updates were a mistake. don't ship a faulty product and get people's money if you're gonna be patching it over the years.

this is the most stupid thing I read today.

>disable windows update
>it doesn't update because im not retarded

Thats what I thought. I thought I disabled updates but ai just got a notification to restart to install this morning. I thought microsoft pulled the update too because people reported it was deleting files.

Christ I spent like 5 hours customizing the registry and services to insure windows update was completely disabled. But that wont happen. The WUpdate files are necessary to even boot into windows. If your computer runs win10, and it boots, then you're getting an update whether you like it or not.

most people claim setting your connection as metered stops updates, so give that a try

It also slows down your internet usage universally.

Attached: 1538864774575.jpg (100x125, 1K)

>still use Windows 7
I m glad I still use Windows 7
Amen

Attached: 1525647756407.jpg (673x739, 51K)

All this talk about constant updates is so alien to me. The first thing I did when installing W10 was to run ooshutup10 and apply the "recommended + somewhat recommended" settings. It updates like once a year.

Any update is too many, especially when they're automatic, and double especially when the update was claimed by microsoft to be cancelled, and triple especially when they cancelled it cause the update deletes files.

1 update is too many.

>especially when the update was claimed by microsoft to be cancelled
Dunno what you're on about. All my files are intact.

>windows 10 updates deletes shit
>"we're pulling it, sorry dudes"
>don't actually pull it

Attached: 1536476023960.png (1000x1000, 77K)

Hey does the new update fix the bug where program file associations don't actually register. Would be nice if I didn't have to manually select 7zip every time I open a .7z file.

>windows 10 update
>now it doesn't boot anymore
>the bootloader itself is just gone
>boot repair tool can't save me
Many such cases, and so I installed linux
>when your windows only games end up running even better

>uses windows 10

Attached: nonwindows 7 neveragain.gif (220x216, 597K)

>tumblr-tier reaction gif

Attached: 1538056352285.jpg (225x225, 13K)

I'd install linux if lenovo didnt use brainlet retard bios InsydeH20 shit. Literally can't make the computer boot from USB.

Motherfuck. Windows cant even system restore without windows update files.

Gayest OS ever made.

>installs botnet for idiots
>annoys others when he is treated like the idiot he is
We really don't care what you do with your shit. This is your own fault.

>installs windows 10
>windows 10 updates
>4 hours later windows 10 still updating
>1 day later windows 10 still updating
>brute force power off computah
>attempt reboot
>you do not have enough disk space to continue updates

Attached: 6789098.jpg (300x168, 4K)

> deleting the files yourself when its already been done

Windows 10 AME (Ameliorated) - What Is This Project?
Windows 10 AME aims at delivering a stable, non-intrusive yet fully functional build of Windows 10 to anyone, who requires the Windows operating system natively. Spyware systems, which are abundant in Windows 10 by default, have not been disabled using group policy, registry entries or various other workarounds – they have been entirely removed and deleted from the system, on an executable-level. This includes Windows Update, and any related services intended to re-patch the system via what is essentially a universal backdoor. Core applications, such as the included Edge web-browser, Windows Media Player, Cortana, as well as any appx applications, have also been successfully eliminated. The total size of removed files is about 2 GB.

ameliorated.info

Attached: 1538953256665.gif (360x272, 1.25M)

I missed it so ill ask here
Whats the Jow Forums opinion on official dark theme, now that it works on exploer

I moved the winupdate shit into a seperate folder in system32, and windows deleted that folder because reason.

lmao

Look I'd love to not have to deal with microshaft, but I have to use some proprietary software for work and I sometimes like to play some games to relieve some stress in my free time. I know I can play a lot of games on Linux nowadays, I do in fact play my favourite games on Linux (CS:GO and Rocket League). However, GTA V doesn't really work that great on Linux and it's the only game I can play with some of my family and friends as they aren't skilled at all in playing CS:GO and Rocket League.
Does this actually work without a ton of issues now?

stop using their shit, faggot.
I moved away from windows back in 1997 without any issues while running linux.

Odd. My lenovo thinkpad tm let me boot from usb and install linux (gnu not included).
Does yours have some form of CD/DVD capability, or are you just fucked?

Fucked. Its an ideapad. Theres no options in the InsydeH20 bios to set up any other boot than the internal HDD

youtube.com/watch?v=PUaDkQFD7FE
May potentially be useful. Prepare to listen to a literal NPC.

>Agree to something voluntarily
>Complain when shit gets fucked when you violate what you agreed to.

Attached: 624.jpg (707x1000, 100K)

>not using enterprise LTSB

Attached: chromosometheft.jpg (540x720, 55K)

>udpates

it gives me crippling anxiety that this literal pajeet tier garbage is allowed to automatically execute.

Attached: 20181009_173035-1.jpg (1152x1152, 1.41M)

1 - Install Parabola GNU/Linux.
2 - Enjoy life again.

Amen

Attached: Consumer of Liquids.jpg (750x677, 96K)

LTSB does the same thing.

>>disable windows 10 updates
>>updates anyway
You disabled it wrong.

you can turn it off with GPO

>>gets pushed anyway
Outright lie.

>YOU DISABLED IT WRONG
THE FACT THAT THIS IS A THING THAT CAN BE DONE IS AN ISSUE.

literally malware

No.

Then why the fuck did my computer attempt updating at 4:00pm this afternoon?

Attached: 86954286-retrato-de-hombre-barbudo-con-expresión-de-disgusto-en-la-cara.jpg (1300x994, 134K)

Because there are other updates, like culminative updates.

>whatis is ooshutup10.exe
Microsoft are retards, but you are as well

There are subhumans literally too retarded to actually disable windoerps updates.

Shut the fuck up.
It shouldn't be an issue turbo nigger supreme brah.

>do the registry tricks
>disable the service
>get rid of the tasks that activate windows update
>even download shutup10 and tick all the update options
>Windows Update still reactivates itself the next day
What the fuck am I doing wrong? I resorted to doing the metered connection meme since I am tired of this bullshit. Fuck Windows 10, fuck Microsoft, and fuck all these pajeets pushing out these faulty updates.

Install Linux and live free.

I believe you can also configure the firewall to block outbound traffic to Microsoft's servers.

apparently it does.... oof

> use ArchLinux
> no auto updates if you don't put a cronjob

imagine being this much of a brainlet

Win-let here. Isn't the majority of complaints about Windows restarting at weird times to update or w.e?

Because I've always used Windows and can't think of a time when I was fucked by Windows Update. But im also not a total brainlet who hits "ignore" 10 times on the "hey buddy, you need to restart" message then cries when a forced restart happens

my bios is american (i have a thinkpad) idk what you have bud

its always worked for me, but i was using as VM inside debian. They just recently released an Ameliorated version from a newer build of win 10 and i run it bare metal as a media pc for my Big TV and its flawless

>literally malware

BAH [CITATION NEEDED] its all down to trust and i trust them a hell of a lot more than i trust Micro$haft

InsydeH20. I dont know what it is, it just sounds cheap and it is cheap. Can't figure jack shit through its bios like it may as well not even exist.

You didn't gpedit.

Gpedit isnt included in win10home but since its just dlls and exes and shit, it could probably be installed outside of being a feature in enterprise

>configure the firewall to block outbound traffic to Microsoft's servers
G'luck with that, etc. Need a separate HD for your hosts file, and 3-man permanent update crew

Attached: Burst-Pipe-Claims[1].jpg (500x333, 94K)

OP is an idiot

>ISO Size 5.2
>W10 1709 ISO is 3.2GB
Yeah no

Attached: 1046762.jpg (192x196, 8K)

>udpates

Attached: 1524043147486.jpg (800x800, 165K)

Disable secureboot and fastboot, then try again. Step it up, Pajeet.

>removing system files

Imagine being this dumb.

Jow Forums is truly a cest pool of retards from /v/

>removing system files explicitly related to the spooky automatic update bullshit bricks the OS
Windows10 apologists lmao

Attached: images.png (228x221, 7K)

>foregoing freedom so you can be a stupid child with other people

Windows 10 users are masochists. They whine about how bad Windows 10 is but they keep using it.

name a better OS. ill wait

Use a different OS, recommend friends do the same. It's not much, but it beats just putting up with that.

You're still talking to MS via telemetry and connections you aren't seeing, it's still falling-back to hardcoded IP's that all of these mini-firewalls and HOSTS tricks rely on, I tried disabling that shit at the router level, and Windows thinks it's offline to the point that it kills absolutely all MS games I use through the store. This isn't just updates either, Tomato is always catching random connection attempts to any given MS server, MS demands that you are always online and always connected with 10, and absolutely no one goes for that shit considering how paranoid everyone is lately

Removing the update-centric .exe's and .dll's never used to be a huge issue because they weren't tied to the kernel in any drastic way, but now, Windows is absolutely joined at the hip to everything in the BITS service family, and you simply can't opt-out without staying offline 100% or breaking 10 entirely

Nobody who isn't on 10 now is never going to be on 10, and raytracing isn't going to be any incentive either, and developers know this, so lmao @ any publisher who sentences their release to death with words like "Windows 10 exclusive"

Why hasn't somebody fixed that

Amen brother

>learn to use firewall
>problem fixed

>windows home
Well there's your problem. Home is treated differently to Pro.

>bought a meme dell "gamer" notebook
>comes with w10 and a fuckton of bloatware
>immediately uninstall it and install a clean W7
>mfw

Now THIS is life.

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>buddy complains about W10 doing retarded shit all the time
>I'm still in the comfy zone with 7
Amen

>horizontal scanlines
Can't have vertical tearing if you don't scan vertically.

Attached: reece.jpg (600x494, 29K)

I didnt have any trouble disabling it
If i try to even open windows update i get "rpc call failed"
so its pretty disabled imo

Use GNU/Linux.

Sounds like you disabled Remote Procedure Call, which has no user options to disable it from services.msc

> virttual hard disk image of a complete install is bigger than the installer media iso

IMAGINE MY SHOCK

Attached: 1538949289552.gif (421x338, 2.37M)

retard alert
/thread

>shoot myself in the foot
>Bullet hole in my foot
I
Absolutely
Fucking
Hate
Ruger

Attached: 1526400628858.jpg (500x500, 54K)

All the other rpc calls still work

Well what did you do

Attached: 1538857553897.png (680x680, 562K)

a lot
did you mess with COM shit?

Tried, access denied

>disabling updates
Stopped reading there. You're straight up retarded.

I think you might just be retarded.

Literally any Linux distro

try harder
you can change the permissions on them iirc
its not as resistant as the *anti*malware shit

Just buy netlimiter bro. It's only 35$. And then set the speed limit of "Windows services" to 6 kb/s. Setting it lower has caused me lag problems in the past. You can do the same with steam, your video card software (nvidia needs like 30kb/s to function properly though) etc... Best software I ever bought, makes you wonder why Windows doesn't have something similar built-in.

Why would you want updates

Just don't put anything on a network that you can use to connect to the internet.

>WhAtChA gOnNa Do WhEn ThEy StOp UpDaTiNg 7???
...update to common sense 2021?

>connect to the internet
Need all updates due to security

>don't connect to internet
You wont get updates and you wont need them

It's a self correcting problem.

Updates do nothing for security unless we're talking about Windows Defender updates, which are a seperate thing from Windows Updates.
Its more insecure to leave updates and their associated programs on, because they have system-level permissions. Fewer things that have permissions means fewer liabilities.