Important reminder windows taskbar flickers even in latest builds

do u ever think to yourself: gee whiz.. why are the icons on the taskbar always flickering in windows 10????

wait..... i know the answer..
windows performs a redraw of the icons when a SHChangeNotify call is made to shell32, specifically either SHCNE_ASSOCCHANGED or SHCNE_UPDATEIMAGE, as outlined here: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/shlobj_core/nf-shlobj_core-shchangenotify

This looks like shit and its amazing this issue persists. Now take a look at microsoft 'support' forums. Ouch.. here's a complaint about the issue from 2009 (LOL, 10 years ago) 'Taskbar Flickering constantly. How do I make it stop?'. A more recent one has a Top answer from windows Expert 'A. User' suggesting to run 'sfc /scannow' to solve the problem!

no one is behind the wheel of the ship at the windows division of microsoft, or even microsoft in general. really sad stuff

Attached: 1535503806251.gif (329x335, 382K)

Other urls found in this thread:

distrowatch.com/
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/blue-question-mark-by-icon-for-d-drive-and-g/576f75d1-cb81-4bea-9d18-fe18eef6dae2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"we don't care"
"do you like windows as a service because it's coming"

DELETE THIS

Works on my machine.

This happens when your smelly curry OS was programmed by Indians and Indians were also responsible for quality control. Windows is shit, so this might be the explanation of why this feature got included.

works on my machine.

Attached: 158192837412.png (1920x1080, 551K)

"are you going to update your system when it restarts or when it restarts?"

Works on my PC.

add to your pasta that every time you refresh a folder the scroll bar jumps to the top, this issue started with Windows 8

This
Somebody must compile a running list of windows issues

>the same stale pasta every fucking time
mods?

literally no one has this issue except for that autistic spammer

they have far bigger issues than fixing screen icons. Their 'os' is a deteriorated mess.

We don't have to lmao they already been implemented

>bhop script
>anime_girl_on_solid_color_background.png
kill urself

they just pulled their 'service pack', completely
thats a huge thing .. their major upgrade, pulled
but still out there, partially

it's a mess. it's primitive, it's 90s, because it's stuck there. they lost control of it

how i get rid of this tastless question mark icon?

Attached: windows 10 gold edition.png (76x55, 1K)

windows problem? well there is only the 1. You are stuck with your problem, until microsoft get around to fixing it, if ever.

distrowatch.com/

Good afternoon, hello sir, I apologize for inconveinences.
For fix of question mark icon, full run in administrator mode: /sfc scannow

I was joking - but googled it - and top result is, of course, microsoft support forums - where the top answer is some pajeet suggesting to run Disk Cleanup utility HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/blue-question-mark-by-icon-for-d-drive-and-g/576f75d1-cb81-4bea-9d18-fe18eef6dae2

kys

I hardly see how this is a problem next to updates deleting files

Only if you don't have a file selected.

That's a different icon you dufus.

It's worse than you guys thought. This faggot always posts about himself and his shitty "battle station" and his shitty dekstop. basically an avatarfag really. kid loves attention

its common on beta/experimental software, so you can report a bug

Based