/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics card pairing.
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.
>For Win7 in Ryzen, refer to pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best for gaming and not a massive overpriced disappointment like the 9700k
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than current GPUs. Just a marketing gimmick to rip off idiots
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb for lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher FPS /w a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous thread
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: a jewish employee.png (698x396, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAFVV6WP7287&ignorebbr=1
amazon.com/Crest-22x42-PCIe-Adapter-SI-ADA40126/dp/B002MRKGLW
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487295
youtube.com/watch?v=FntY5rYR4cE
hothardware.com/news/intel-chip-supply-woes-amd-ryzen-sales-september-etailer
youtu.be/Ev3s0jYVwOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HELL YEAH DEAD KIKES

>If you're planning on buying a new monitor, Vega56
why would i buy a vega56 when it performs worse and costs more(currently, according to several sites) than a 1070ti

I can't tell if you're trolling or actually too stupid to answer that question yourself.
Start looking at monitor choices to go with your new GPU and the answer should become clear.

i need itx motherboard that has alot of sata but also cheap.

im looking at ASRock H270M-ITX. yes i considered AM4 boards but too bad AMD equivalent chipsets is cucked themselves limiting 4 sata

Not him but that advantage is mostly constrained to USA and some parts of western Europe.
Some of those shilled freesync displays are either unavailable to the point that even Amazon refuses to deliver them without extra cost.
Mining craze is still somewhat prevalent in parts of east EU where electricity is still cheap.

>>Wait for R7 3700X
Realistically, how long will that be?

so the vega beats the 1070ti after the switch to 1440p, i didnt know that.

i probably will just wait for the next line of amd gpus to move up to 1440p

This guy advocates AMD gpus and 60Hz 4k gaming, hes a fucking moron. He shitposts this thread literally every day.

Look at his ram recommendations...
8GB gaming
16GB heavy use
32GB lolidk

He has absolutely no fucking clue.

Okay I'm assuming I did that right, jesus I'm doing so much googling right now. It's recommending me a PSU wattage of 260 W. That means my 350 W PSU is still good enough right?

Attached: 1452962631708.png (666x555, 188K)

What is this dogshit OP? AMD shills hit a new low

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x970, 47K)

depends, does the card you are looking at require an extra power connection like 6 or 8 pin and if so does your psu have that?

Even in Canada, which a few months ago amd+freesync cost around the same as nvidia+gsync, the past few weeks it's still been about a $100 difference at 1440p in favor of AMD.
In Mexico and many other countries, it's cheaper to import either way.

In every primary English speaking country currently, AMD GPU is the better buy unless you need 1080Ti performance or higher.
Even in mining heavy areas like Norway and Sweden, from what I've seen AMD+Freesync is cheaper again

What are you talking about? You can get a $55 B450 board with 6 SATA or more.

Probably 8 months at the latest, and 4.5 months at the earliest.

Why do you take off the trip when you post that?

No it doesn't, he is just shilling pooga because no one buys it.

Attached: relative-performance_2560-1440.png (500x930, 48K)

Will there be any fucking place where I can buy a 9900k at normal price? Newegg just put them up for 580 bucks.
I didn't care about it being 450 or even 480 but 580 bucks? Cmon, fuck that.

Wait a few weeks for prices to stabilize

So what was the deal with the z270 motherboards? felt like they were glimpsed over rather quickly and forgotten.

You keep linking this even though it shows Vega56 with a V64 BIOS flash being above the 1070Ti.
This has been pointed out to you by multiple people about a dozen times, but you keep spamming it in hopes that more ignorant people wont' notice.

What are you talking about? $579 is the normal price.
Why would the 9900k be $450 when $420 is the MSRP of the 9700k?

>why did Intel do what they always do

>wait a few weeks
>months go by with no stock
>finally get to buy one for $550
>new Intel 10 nm chips announced
Realistically, I guess I'll just go for the 9700k. I just wanted the 9900k to not have to upgrade for over 5 years. Was gonna do a whole water cooling loop and everything.

I'm fairly sure the 750 Ti draws directly from the PCIe slot. So if you're talking about supplemental connectors I'm in the clear. Though looking at the newegg page for it, it says it should have a minimum power supply wattage of 450 W.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAFVV6WP7287&ignorebbr=1

>$579 is the normal price

Attached: laughing.png (780x620, 18K)

Can someone link that video of a cute girl teaching you how to build a PC?

>You keep linking this even though it shows Vega56 with a V64 BIOS flash being above the 1070Ti.
You keep saying that without having any proof of it actually working or getting significantly higher fps

yeah i just checked it out you are right about that. you will need a new psu for this card and likely any other that you consider.
why are you thinking about going with this card? its kind of shit compared to what is available.

What are YOU talking about? 580 was never the normal price. Are you high?

RAM prices are dropping
SSD prices are dropping
So why aren't GPU prices dropping?

Budgeting is a big concern, I was expecting to need a better power supply. But this one also sets a benchmark for what I'm aiming toward, it's listed as recommended on the spec requirements for several of the MMO's I play. I'm hoping it'll hold me over because my wallet is very tight at the moment, and it will give me some solid ground before I aim bigger.

The used gpu market dropped hard. Of course you have to be careful not to buy mining cards. It's as easy as asking the seller.

HEIL YEAH DEAD KIKES

It's common knowledge.
Why not google it yourself?

What are YOU talking about? Where do you see 580 not being the normal price?
Intel only released pricing for buying a tray of 1k CPUs. That's not MSRP. MSRP tends to be around 25% higher, which puts it at around $580.

Honestly don't understand how some of you posters are actually this stupid.
I know some people are just trolling and pretending to be retarded, but genuinely seems to not understand what the price is supposed to be somehow.

Attached: vega 56 timespy.png (1024x509, 446K)

Gpu prices already dropped, the most expensive 580 is cheaper than the cheapest 1060 same with vega 56 and 1070. Oh wait youre talking anout nvidia gpus, those are never going down in price. Nvidia is new intel releasing new gpus that are literally the same as old and then increasing the prices.

that card is over 4 years old, i wouldnt buy it myself. you should try to go for something above the recommended specs so try and future proof your computer. you cant do that completely, but imagine if you need to buy another gpu in the near future, which you will, you will regret having wasted money on this one. at least i would, you arent me but ive been building computers for almost 20 years.

The pre-orders were less just the other day. Some pre-orders were 520/530.

>What are you talking about? You can get a $55 B450 board with 6 SATA or more.
What board is that? im looking for ITX

Attached: Capture.jpg (853x785, 89K)

Yeah I've been waiting on a 1070ti, but it's stuck above $400 USD.

Yeah like I said I barely know what I'm doing, I've been googling basically everything for 2 hours now just to get the barest grasp of this. I'm going to look through that list from earlier for something stronger, you've been a real help though man.

Attached: kuuga.gif (320x180, 996K)

The other day, they may not have realized the price at that time since apparently Intel was telling news outlets that the MSRP was actually the 1k tray price when really it's over 20% higher.

It's a slimy tactic to shift blame to retailers for price gouging while hiding the real MSRP they've set.

Ah for mITX I only see ones with 4, yes. That sucks.
You would need m.2 to SATA adapter for more on a board which supports that (generally ASUS...)
amazon.com/Crest-22x42-PCIe-Adapter-SI-ADA40126/dp/B002MRKGLW

Just get Vega56.

Well user, should I get the 9900k or not? What are you personally going to do?

looking for a b450 board with the best vrm cooling etc, heard the msi carbon ac is the best choice, is it?

I have a friend offering me an i5 8400 from his old PC for $40, is this a good deal?

Yes. Are you fucking retarded? i5 8400 is one of the best CPUs atm and it literally costs $200 so you either have a really good fucking friend or he's trying to scam you because it's not an actual 8400 or it's broken in some way

He's a pretty good friend, he sort of snapped and decided to sell all his electronics though, so I got lucky.

Sell them back to him when he recovers

I'm not Jewish, but I will admit I'm a bit of a technological dunce, this is my first time on Jow Forums.

Thanks for the help though, everyone kept telling me to ignore it and buy an AMD processor instead.

How would you rate a Geforce GTX 1050?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487295

>I'm a bit of a technological dunce
You will fit right in

>getting incel cpu for better single core performance
>gimp that single core performance by getting cpu with hyperthreading
Why are incels so dumb?

I'm going to wait for 3700X.

9900k is absolute not worth the money.
I was going to recommend the 9700k to people if it was like

Redpill me on amd

>removes all Intel listings
>not even mentioning the new 9th gen CPUs
>shilling for the 3700X already
>no RTX 20 GPUs
>Vega on the GPU list

Nice shill AMD shill.

>not mentioning the new 9th gen CPUs
Check the news all over Jow Forums or google.
>shilling for the 3700X already
Just like the OP shilled for the 9700k for months until it turned out to not be worth waiting for
>no RTX 20 GPUs
Yes there is, you dumb shill.
>Vega on the GPU list
Of course, you dumb shill.

Only real choice right now with Nvidia and Intel tripping all over themselves.

>Just like the OP shilled for the 9700k for months until it turned out to not be worth waiting for
>the state of delusional AMDrones

>implying GENERAL threads aren't corporate sponsored

Nah, /pcbg/ is bipartisan; leave the brand wars on other threads

Everytime there is a new Intel release you have AMD shills like the OP who erases everything thinking it would deter people from buying it

Shill tactic didn't work with the Coffee Lake release last year, won't work now

>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming

Kill yourself shill.

Attached: 1538419587419.png (500x970, 49K)

>Buying POOMD

Hahahahahahahaha

Attached: 1538643855904.png (1225x3641, 911K)

>despite all the bad press Intel brought upon to themselves they're aren't exactly lying when they claim that the 9900k is the 'best gaming CPU'
>not even techtubers dispute this statement, its just a matter of use case and budget for them, not everyone can shell out $500 for a CPU
>the leaked 9700k validation from Gamers Nexus' video already show it to be faster than the 8700k, except in some heavy multicore benchmarks where the 8700k is shown to be slightly faster because it has 12 threads plus hyperthreading over the 8 thread, non-HT 9700k

>Paying 1400 for a memecard that is barely better than the 1080ti
>muh goytracing
>muh goyflops
>muh arbitrary totally not bullshit made up goy benchmark
Hahahahahahaha

>only 3 Threadrippers on the list
>even though it has more cores and threads
>granted the top 3 are basically tech shills who got the 7980XE for free, every overclocker will almost always own an Intel

What cpu do I need for 1080p 60fps that will last long time? 200-300$ is my budget but would pay a little bit more if its truly needed.

>games

God you're such a brainlet, at least post real world benchmarks, not kids tuff.

nice

>Wait for R7 3700x
At this point you are blatantly shilling on trolling. Might as well write "wait for quantum cpu"

its blatant shilling

same shit as last year with coffee lake

the amd shill does not even know that there are refreshed amd cards coming out next week

watch him erase the 1060, 1070, 1070ti and 1050 for that

New amd cards or just updated old ones?

Look up what refreshed means.

>Probably, but I can't think of what. I actually like the Zalamn T5 but that's not more recent
Damn, thanks anyway. I suppose boring silent black boxes aren't trendy anymore; especially not with a 5.25" bay.

You know I'm actually the person who put
>wait for 9700k
in the OP months ago?
I was the one
>shilling for it
until it turned out to be overpriced garbage and worth removing it. Better to wait for the 3700X at this point if you need the best that's actually worth the money.

Those same people say that while it's surely the best, it's not worth the money.

Really can't tell if you're serious, or just trying to false flag, stir up drama, etc.

What's a good value 1070 Ti model?

I am already aware of the Vega 56 alternatives, I just want to know the recommended 1070 Ti's so I can make a proper comparison

I want to replace the motherboard inside the Alienware Aurora R5 but i'm not sure if it's just a normal micro atx motherboard or if the case was built specifically for the preinstalled board , anyone can help out,

Attached: g.jpg (1202x1172, 373K)

look here
For what CPU my friend, and do you plan to OC it or not, do you plan to upgrade to a better/more power hungry CPU later down the line with the same motherboard?

How do I know which of the five hundred newly launched Z390 I should get?

How are they different from other motherboard models?

Depends if your cpu can handle the strongest phases. If your cpu is too weak it will die.

Is the G4400 the best low end gpu with W7 support I can get?

fuck knows desu

this is what I was looking at. the gpu and case I already have from my old build, the 850W psu is only because I found a great deal on one that made it cheaper than a 650W
is that 9600k price normal because it hasn't released yet? because its msrp is supposed to be $262, not whatever crazy sum a few shops are selling it for right now. are they just looking to scam a bunch of early adopters or does europe get super taxed on new CPUs these days?

Attached: exdjwe.png (1169x669, 65K)

oops that's supposed to be a regular 1080, not TI

wtf i didnt even post in this thread and i find a reply to my post on some other thread hours after closing that thread. wew.

Buying an i5 for 380 Euu

Attached: 1538895735889s.jpg (122x125, 3K)

I mean mobos don't really change their design and features, only the VRM and chipset change because different CPUs need different power.

>buying a sub-$500 gpu to play on 1080p
>b-but muh fps spikes!

What are the down sides to flashing a Vega 56 to a 64? There must be something, does it not always work? Can you fuck it up? Will it run hotter ot not last as long?

Get 2c/4t at least? Used i3. Or an excavator APU.

lmao 380 euro for an i5!
999 Euro for a 1080Ti.
Holy shit.
And a 970 Evo ahahahaha.
No one tell him how bad that build is. Just let him fuck up.

Downside is bricking that BIOS. But most/all of them seem to come with a BIOS switch. Just don't fuck up your main BIOS.
>Will it run hotter
After you flash you should also undervolt it, of course. It's mainly to set the memory voltage limit higher, not the vcore.

Should I stop having a fear of buying hard drives larger than 1TB? Have been holding the fear of >1TB = more prone to failure for quite some time. Looking at the WD Black 2TB, is it worth the $119?

Attached: 1504087573975.png (544x544, 212K)

Also -
Hows the igpu on the 2400g? Is it capable or should i get a dgpu rx 560/570

Attached: 1537400182970.png (1264x1584, 763K)

context being - Low-medium end games

Yes, 2 terries is the new 1

>is it worth $120 for a 2Tb HDD that costs almost as much as a fast 1Tb SSD
No.
Barracuda 2Tb are decent since 2017 models and only around $60, but I still wouldn't put important shit on them.

2400G iGPU is just slightly worse than a 750Ti or R7 265 when overclocked. And overclocking it is VERY easy. So it's quite good.
But if you can get a decent model RX570 or RX580 4Gb for ~$180, that's not too bad.

Just look at youtube videos of it. There's a lot which show which settings you'll need to run 30fps or 60fps for a given game.

I need help. Is gsync that much better than freesync?

youtube.com/watch?v=FntY5rYR4cE

Attached: R vs G.png (2700x1500, 1.83M)

>AMD shills seething that nobody bothers to buy their products despite being on stock

Dumb weeb

Sure...

Attached: Intel-AMD-CPU-Market-Share_1.png (1700x650, 152K)

A few fps better than the 2200g around 5-10% better with the same clocks desu doesn't seem too worth it desu
And how low end are we talking?

hothardware.com/news/intel-chip-supply-woes-amd-ryzen-sales-september-etailer

ah, thanks for the insight

gif related

The most demanding game i play currently has the minimum requirements of R7 260X (gtx750) at 720p

Attached: 1537431644346.gif (343x268, 1.73M)

based illiterate retard

>jewish woman
LITERALLY CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

The weeb poster has a point the only people on this site who post cute anime pictures of what they perceive to be like themselves are traps or creeps and for I know you could be Den blodige danske fellen

Anyway as the other user said its roughly the equivalent of a gtx 750 and should be able to pass just fine with those requirements
youtu.be/Ev3s0jYVwOo

>removes all Intel listings
Retarded intlel shitter kys

No, Gsync is worse. The objectively best monitors are all Freesync.
Freesync only costs more because Nvidia charges monitor manufacturers for it. It's proprietary shit whereas Freesync is an open standard.

Get that Mbest monitor, PX277h, or Nixeus 27Edg.
Also get a better model of Vega56 like the Red Dragon or Pulse.

>Incels seething that the 1700 switched windows and ran shit in the background better than the 7700k while having double the perf-watt
>now they're still seething that people won't pay $580 for a CPU which still has broken knockoff SMT

What are you getting at? Are you saying they didn't make 2c/4t budget CPUs which support Win7? Yes they did, older i3s. You can get them for a few bucks.

Like was said, it's a little worse than a 750Ti or 265.
So between 750 and 750Ti, or 260X and 265.
So yes just the 2400G iGPU shuold be fine for you.

When it's no longer fine for you, why not add a dGPU then?