Intel

>Intel

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-10-09-27-55-143_com.android.chrome.jpg (1079x1871, 456K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/intel-core-i9-9900k-vs-amd-ryzen-7-2700x-gaming-benchmarks#nn-graph-sheet-counter-strike-go
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm thinking of upgrading from a 3770k. This is obviously shady practice from Intel but have AMD CPUs caught up yet? I don't mind paying extra cause $500 is like 2 days of work

i have the same model
what were you thinking of upgrading to? what do you use yours for?

if you don't care about security, then sure, go ahead and buy Intel processors which have 24+ hardware security vulnerabilities in them at launch.

Intel knew about Spectre and Meltdown months before Coffee Lake launch (they even rushed the launch in fact) and 9th gen will also ship with unpatched hardware security vulnerabilities.

It's like a car manufacturer releasing cars with faulty brakes and the car manufacturer knows about it but isn't telling the customer that they can die if their brakes doesn't work

Gaming and android dev. My computer's drive is too cluttered and full to organize so I figure I may as well upgrade the entire thing

3770k club hey? I'm gonna upgrade to the 9900k as well.

It's not worth the extra price over an 8700k even if you have the money.
>pcgamesn.com/intel-core-i9-9900k-vs-amd-ryzen-7-2700x-gaming-benchmarks#nn-graph-sheet-counter-strike-go

How would Spectre or Meltdown personally affect me?

your bank, government, cloud storage provider probably uses Intel processors in their servers and databases

so they probably wouldn't go after your specific computer, but why do that when they can just steal money and personal information straight from the bank undetected

Have your bank credentials stolen over a secure web page, for one.

lol

>what is 2 factor auth
If there was an exploit capable of stealing passwords over secure web pages I would probably not be a target of interest

>Disabling half the cores on AMD processor
how were they expecting this shit to fly? I guess that you can put on a shittier cooler and hope no one notices, but this?

Attached: whspurdo.jpg (184x184, 10K)

idk, but Intel stands behind these results where AMD processors had half its cores disabled

Attached: 2018-10-10 09_32_02.png (754x958, 916K)

Had they any other choice?
Not standing behind their own test, unfair or not, would be an even bigger marketing disaster.

idk mayne, but Intel's answer that they are sending to tech media says that they are seeing the same results in their own test labs as Principled Technologies.

They really have backed themselves into a corner and I am not surprised if we will see back alley bribery deals with OEM's once again soon

Attached: 2018-10-10 09_56_55.png (1317x743, 222K)

fixed

Attached: inlel PR fixed.png (1317x743, 245K)

So 9900K can beat 2700X even with half its core disabled? Why would anyone with an IQ higher than 70 buy AMD now?

It means they turned half of the AMD CPU, the Intel one ran at full power, they were scared of AMD outperforming them or getting close, learn to read.

the absolute state of inlel shillers

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

3770K is fine lol
Unless you compile stuff on all cores or edit videos you won't notice much compared to newer processors either Intel or AMD. I'd advise to wait for 7nm! (Spring 2019)

>how were they expecting this shit to fly?
According to GN's review, they were seeing gains in some tests with game mode on, and therefore decided to leave it on across the board (reasonably enough; I don't think anyone would be changing back and forth). I'm sure it's true that game mode really does help with some, very poorly threaded, games, where turning off half the CPU mitigates cross-CCX latencies and perhaps allows for higher turboing. But that being said, it seems that it'd still lead to much poorer results overall, so not sure what exactly they were seeing or if it can, under any circumstances, be considered a valid point.

Did they disable the AMD hyperthreading?

No, they just disabled half the cores.

>cause $500 is like 2 days of work
i want to live your life...it's more than an average monthly wage where i live

And to answer, 3770k is fine enough, if i were you, i'd wait for ryzen 3000 in h1 2019

Do you know how to read?