What were the 80s like?

Attached: neoton-famlia.jpg (750x815, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cKMk0xNj2jQ
youtu.be/JtswlY4WflI
youtube.com/watch?v=Iy0QwMwPMME
youtube.com/watch?v=Y43XLVqjytQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

coming down from terror of nuclear war.

That pic is peak 70s.

They were fucking great I just wish I had been a bit older by a few years. Just never banged enough. 90s were my peak banging years.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY THREAD.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x494, 625K)

The absolute best.
But your pic is more late-70's.

The 80’s were the best. We had an enemy, his name was ruskie. We had jolt and garbage pail kids and roller skating. The worst thing that could happen was an imaginary white van

Very fun and optimistic. We loved Reagan and he gave us all hope. I was born in 66 and one thing I can't stand is that the 80s were stolen from Gen X. People associate us with grunge and rap but when Cobain came around in the 90s I couldn't relate to the whining cynical pessimism. It was a prosperous happy era so it didn't exactly connect. Adult contemporary had an 80s flair up through 1994.

Probably appalling as that was the age when many of our boomer parents were out fornicating.

Everyone's parents were going to swinger's parties and we didn't know it.

Best generation of the 20th Century.

Reagan, bands that actually played their own instruments, good movies (that weren't just expensive social justice propaganda), a lot more patriotism than decades after, trannies would have been institutionalized, the birth of vydia (well, gaming started a little before, but the 80's is when it started to become more mainstream), etc... etc... etc.

My parents weren't Boomers. They were born in 1919 and 1929 respectably, me in 1966. I'm technically Generation X but can't relate to what people say about the Gen X or Boomer growing up. I was never a latchkey kid but I didn't watch Howdy Doody. I wasn't old enough for the discos but I didn't relate to grunge either. The 80s were my decade.

the most grandest time of all
youtu.be/cKMk0xNj2jQ

Attached: 1540912654199.jpg (800x824, 57K)

That was the 70s. The 80s were a conservative era.

>They were fucking great I just wish I had been a bit older by a few years. Just never banged enough. 90s were my peak banging years.

You luckY bastard

Attached: 1493832191956.jpg (528x543, 43K)

I’ll tell what the 80s like

Decent music with really gay clothing aesthetics. Drug of choice for many was cocaine. That's it in a nutshell.

we were kind of chill. The women had big hair and they were satisfied with that. Then Oprah came on tv and then all of our kitchen slaves got bucky and thought they were equals. Barbara Bush did not help our cause.

Attached: Bueller.jpg (315x445, 37K)

Turbo Degeneracy

>I was born in 88! Let me tell you what everything was like!

Attached: D230318E-1B06-4EAF-8238-40D0EA1192C2.jpg (416x435, 23K)

Imagine having a $20 bill that last the whole weekend. meals, gas, beer cigs, weed for $20

I've noticed Xers are really two groups, at least where music is concerned. The older ones (like me) were in school in the 80s and grew up on AC/DC, Michael Jackson, REO Speedwagon, hair bands and bubblegum pop. The younger ones grew up more in the 90s on grunge. The 80s music was either optimistic or angry, but the 90s music was gloomy.
80s music sometimes makes you want to kill someone; 90s music makes you want to kill yourself.

86 I'll have you know

In 1980 a candy bar was a quarter, a pack of cigarettes was 50 cents, and you could buy either from vending machines.

Are you me?
I was old enough to remember my older brother going out to see van Halen and ozzy but too young to join him
90's was my years which compared to today was heaven

Attached: fleachilipeppersunderwear.jpg (300x414, 29K)

1984: 1 standard quality T-120 VHS tape cost as much as five packs of cigarettes.

Attached: sony.jpg (320x320, 14K)

The 1960s was the peak of American life, it quickly nosedived from there. Right now we are still in the dark ages so don't cry over the degenerate 80s.

The dark music of the 80s was more profound. They were lyrics we thought about and it chilled us. Compare this

youtu.be/JtswlY4WflI

to anything the Seattle grunge scene came out with.

fuck that hits me in the feels

being poor in the 80's was probably 100x easier

Grunge was complete bullshit. In the late 1980s you could go to Pioneer Square any Friday night and see 20 bands just like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and the others. They were nothing special at all. Total Johnny Bravo shit when it came to plucking a couple out of there to engineer a fad over something as clever and inscrutable as fucking teen angst.

Attached: johnnybravo.jpg (275x358, 21K)

How so? Werent the American 60s just a reflection of new French revolution that ultimately didn't happen.

This man basically ruled the entire world

Attached: Swag.jpg (800x1186, 154K)

Only a syrup nigger ....

miami, the best of times, the worst of times

During the 80's it seemed like:
We were winning the Cold War. With blue jeans and Dallas reruns.
We were doing a victory lap in the space race, preparing to colonize other planets.
Computers were going to change the world, we just had to watch out for robots taking over.
Race relations were improving, black people would catch up education and income-wise within the generation, then race would no longer be a political issue.
Illegal immigration wasn't even on the average guy's mind. Demographic transformation was some crackpot theory.
All the world's conflicts would melt away as we ditched our old religious and ideological hang-ups and merged into the New Hedonism.

Attached: robotic_cyndi_lauper.jpg (702x356, 38K)

That's a pic of the 70s.

This cover made me realize "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" had another level:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iy0QwMwPMME

bump

Name of the anime please, and have a thank you for that.

>t. didn't live through the 80's

It's another Millennial "suck all the life out of an 80's song" cover, but it's actually closer to what the song was originally meant to be: a lament by a father on what "women's liberation" had done to his daughter, rather than a celebration of it.
Robot Carnival, part 4: Presence.

Robot Carnival. If you reverse image search pictures from animes you're trying to find, you'll be able to find the title usually. Cheers for good etiquette when requesting something, Hans.

Ah, balls. You beat me to it.

Awesome
You had to work to get laid, but you appreciated it more.
There was cocaine, but most people just drank.
And you could walk down most streets and only see white people.

The 80s were the last time there was a point to even keeping your loose change when you get it back.
In 2018 that shit is worthless. Just drop it right in the gutter because 15 cents isn't worth even carrying.

>66

That's because you aren't really gen x you boomer fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y43XLVqjytQ

The first time I heard Nirvana I thought it was Sting, I was like "Wow I never knew the Police could rock so hard!" No joke, I was 11.

That generation ends in 1964. My older siblings were Boomers born in 1956 and 1958.

>post picture from the 70s

>What were the 80s like?!

Peak Zoomer

Attached: Alfalfa-from-The-Little-Rascals-is-all-grown-up.jpg (768x513, 36K)

fuck you you stupid nigger

kek

There's not even one 80s song better than or as good as TSP's 1979.

Rock sucks and always did. Alternative did a good job of replacing it.