/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read
→ → → → →

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>Programming questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 95.jpg (600x600, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/srPLki4
hondata.com/tech-k20-swap-grounds
hwinfo.com/download.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can an user check my ssd and hdds benchmarks for me to see if there's anything wrong? I can post an imgur album

Should I keep my Pixel 2 128GB or upgrade to Pixel 3?

Even though it's an incremental upgrade I'm tempted, if for no other reason than my 128 GB Pixel 2 with ~18 mos. of transferable Preferred Care remaining is worth about $500 on Swappa, and I have Google Store credit of about $120 outstanding from a botched trade-in on the original purchase.

Bigger screen/battery, better speakers and wireless charging might be nice..

whats a good way to manually control fans, I want to see how noise and temp vary with various speeds on various fans

Just restored my phone, what's the best mobile browser without built in adblock?

Knock off the presumptuous general bullshit where you insist people point posters to your shitty general.

Fucking pedophile.

I've been struggling with figuring out the best way to wiring up my parking mode cable for a while now, my issue was that I wasn't able to find an easy place to use as a ground and something in my brain just clicked.

So when I was testing to find constant and acc power I was using the bolt in this pic as a ground for the multimeter

So wouldn't that mean I could use it as a ground for the parking mode wire?

Attached: IMAG0880.jpg (1344x756, 203K)

Brave with adblock turned off.

How can I rip several SRT from MKVs as fast as possible while keeping their name

>some random ass larp question to bump the thread

If it works for a ground for the multimeter, then yeah probably. Bust make sure no stray wires might short the OBD or fusebox area (in fact, don't leave that uncovered anyway, just asking for inadvertent kicks, dust & rainwater intrusion etc.)

Thanks user.
Yeah it's got a nice cover which of course will go back on once I've finished wiring it all up.

Attached: skoda-fabia-cover-steering-wheel-fuse.jpg (500x375, 54K)

Anyone?

I am, did you try another SATA port?

What the fuck is wrong with you? Literally nothing you said is helpful.

>Literally an entire box of ground connects.
>Guys should I use this screw.

God fuck you guys so much.

So I opened up the side panel, gently pushed all power and sata cables that are connected to each individual device and boom everything worked! Even the boot speed returned to normal. Thank God. Thank you very much user I love you

How can technology get me laid?

I'm sorry for not being an expert on electrical wiring. I'm sorry for posting here trying to find an answer and learn something I didn't know.

Ignore it.

How does caching captachs work on Jow Forums X? Don't they expire after not being used for a minute?

Good, now fuck off to with your stupid ass car shit.

Dude fuck you and your shitty meta threads.

NP user, glad I could help. No idea how come that sort of thing happens, but it do.

So glad that you had to bring your convo to the new thread so that everyone could read your posts even though its extremely likely that he would have seen your shitty reply in an unbumped thread.

You couldn't be more transparent.

>getting super butthurt in a stupid question thread when he sees a chance to catch someone being not as smart as he is.

And hell, I've never seen an OBD/fuse panel combo behind a simple clip fascia cover like that because we don't allow cheap shit
Skoda cars in the US, so it was a reasonable thing to say. And what's the point of putting those things behind the same panel except to save money on plastic clips anyway? Terrible design.

My wife is so cute

why would you turn off adblock?

Goes way beyond that kiddo.
This larping faggot dwight shitposter turned pedo poster populates these fucking threads with stupid questions.

Hopefully it's just loose cables or something. I checked the temps and health and everything was reported to be fine. Can you check the benchmark speed for my devices? I posted the screenshots here imgur.com/a/srPLki4 along side the name of the device below the screenshot. I just want to know if there was slowdowns

We can't do shit if you don't post them.

>where you insist people point posters to your shitty general.
what?

>Can you check the benchmark speed for my devices?

No, but you can pretend to be some guy replying to your pretend question in your shitty autistic monologue bump.

Check the benchmark for my devices? Here is my screenshot?

Fucking twilight zone.

OP likes to spam Jow Forums threads telling them not to create threads and post their questions in this "general" thread. He has been trying to moderate Jow Forums for years because he is fucking mentally ill.

>Literally an entire box of ground connects.
>I have no idea how vehicle wiring works.
You can't just use any ground if the circuit needs to be grounded to the chassis. That's how you end up with other random issues with sensors, especially on anything using a CAN-BUS protocol.

Go to one of those robot brothels.

>You can't just use any ground if the circuit needs to be grounded to the chassis. That's how you end up with other random issues with sensors, especially on anything using a CAN-BUS protocol.

All of the grounds lead to the chassis.
That's the only ground in a car you fucking asshole.

I am researching the Access thing. Since I want it networked, I have to link tables and things like that. It looks a little bit convoluted, but let's see...

I'm the OP. What's your problem tripfag?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-10 g - sqt - Stupid Questions Thread - Technology - 4chan.png (246x480, 8K)

>All of the grounds lead to the chassis.
>That's the only ground in a car you fucking asshole.
Go to your car, and move the grounds from the engine and the transmission to the chassis.

No problem, just boredom and I feel like being an asshole and judging you for spamming Jow Forums with your bullshit psuedo moderating threads for literally years.

What kind of weird prick are you?

Not OP... But why would you not want people to be aware of generals that people frequent who may be better to be able to answer their specific questions?

...or are you mentally ill, and just want to keep all the info for yourself?

He must be a pre-sticky newfag, this board was unbearable before the creation of these general threads

Engine block is grounded to the frame. Not really worth responding to you anymore, you suck, a lot.

>unbearable
Why because OP sperged the fuck out and shitposted in every single thread telling them Jow Forums wasn't tech support for literally years?

Do you realize how fucking arrogant and presumptuous that is? These generals are 100x worse.

Also not OP nor do I know why OP keeps using loli pics for these general, I'm guessing that tripfag doesn't like getting told to post questions in "stupid questions" threads.

I'm just trying to help, faggot, not sure what your angle is but it's probably retarded.

I see now why there is such a hate for tripfags.

I don't like seeing OP shitposting in legitimate threads telling them to use his fucking self proclaimed moderation thread.

He is worse than some pajeet prick on XDA telling people to use the search feature.

shills use trips for tracking posts to make sure they get paid by their sponsors

>I don't like seeing OP shitposting in legitimate threads telling them to use his fucking self proclaimed moderation thread.

>Scrolls through first 10 pages...
>ctrl+F /sqt
>Not one reference outside of /sqt/

>people frequent who may be better to be able to answer
There is no rational reason to believe this to be true, creating a thread with a technology related question gets more exposure.

The fact is, that OP gets fucking butthurt when he sees threads on Jow Forums and freaks out so he creates these meta threads, which are super fucking off topic.

Here imgur.com/a/srPLki4

So mypc doesnt turn on, I just tested my power supply with a paper clip, it does turn on, but the fans are spinning really slow and make a weird buzzing noise, does it mean it dead or the motherboard is fucked?

50 posts ITT and most of them are you spewing autistic bullshit because someone else has posted here.

If you think OP is responsible for every general on the board, I've got news for you.

...and all those listed in the OP are on topic, and full of people with more expertise in each of those areas than this one.

He shifted from spamming other threads to spamming sqt with stupid ass questions to larp catfish people into responding.

I can take that redirect thing out if you want. I've seen multiple people say in the past that they were redirected here though, and they got their questions answered most of the time.

>Engine block is grounded to the frame. Not really worth responding to you anymore, you suck, a lot.
Ground capacitance is a big deal on cars.
hondata.com/tech-k20-swap-grounds
Those grounds going to the manifold and valvecover ARE NOT going to the chassis. They are going to the drive train, to the ground (tires).
Most chassis grounds are not recommended in case there is a short, and unless they were put there by the OEM, most people won't scratch the paint where they are trying to make a ground for a good connection. Furthermore, the chassis is isolated from the 'ground' as the suspension components the chassis is riding on have thick rubber between it and the chassis.
I don't know how many cars you've worked on in the past, or done engine swaps with, but this is a common issue. It's even more of an issue on newer cars when it is using the CAN-BUS protocol network in the car. Good luck troubleshooting any electrical issue in a 90's-present Mercedes or BMW.

Stupid question threads aren't on topic, they were even banned repeatedly for a time. The neet bitch is a natural force of autism.

If he's you, then one could accuse him of that.

Oh, bad time huh
Sorry

>Why because OP sperged the fuck out and shitposted in every single thread telling them Jow Forums wasn't tech support for literally years?
That wasn't me lol.

>I don't like seeing OP shitposting in legitimate threads telling them to use his fucking self proclaimed moderation thread.
Again, I don't really post in a lot of threads on this board. This place is full of teamsports and shills. If I want to participate in that I go to Jow Forums

You are so full of shit.
Your fucking dwight posting bullshit has been going on forever, unless there was some kind of pedo loli hostile takeover where you started spaming generals instead I don't believe it.

*probably* the PSU. Test it in another socket if you can, saw some similar behavior from a fugged powerstrip once.

Not seeing anything wrong there... Though it's hard to tell from benchmarks alone.

If you wanna test the SMART data, try HWINFO:
hwinfo.com/download.php
It'll kindly color-code SMART data that indicates potential problems.

Looks fine. Guessing your HDDs are full or over 50% capacity? HDDs slow down as they get full, it's a physical restriction. Has to do with surface speed.

>tripfg
yikes

That is a bit of a bugger I didn't notice. Think all but one are over 85% capacity, which also means they ain't getting the passive defrag treatment anymore.

I'm supposed to take this medicine once everyday after breakfast. But the problem is I'm a 24 year old doomer that wakes up at 3PM.

I take meal at 6PM, 12AM and 3AM. When should I take my medicine?

Attached: 1538069891023.jpg (410x493, 40K)

I'll try it. Thanks
Yeah I've so much shit stored on it. Ssd has 225gb free of 465gb total. Hdd1 has 125 gb free of 931gb total and hdd2 has 202gb free of 1810gb total

Scratching paint to get a ground is a common issue?

Don't think so pal. The battery is always grounded to the fuse box, which is always grounded to the engine block, which is always grounded to the transmission/exhaust/frame.

Fucking rubber suspension? You don't say?
God damn dude so... engine mounts aren't conductive???!?!

God just shut the fuck up moron. Anyone that has spent literally 20 minutes working on a cars electrical system would know you are just saying random shit that sounds like it supports your viewpoint when in fact its complete bullshit.

What medicine

6PM. (Also - though my first advice would be "don't take medical advice from Jow Forums.")

It's just a vitamin tablet because I'm malnourished and underweight

Jow Forums is one of the worst boards; even /b/ would be better at advice

git tutorial and git user's manual is enough to learn this tool?

Would plugging in a wireless receiver from a headset on the usb port of a monitor give sound?
My monitors onboard speakers are complete dogshit and i dont want to buy speakers

...Probably true, though the advice in quotes still stands. (There is a medical thread on but still...)

Yeah. If ya find it's not, search forums asking questions for more examples.

which stand should I get?

Pretty much they both look good but I'm going to have the bottom open because I'm pluggin an egpu in.

Attached: NEXSTAND-K2-laptop-stand-folding-portable-adjustable-laptop-lapdesk-office-lapdesk-ergonomic-noteboo (640x640, 38K)

Attached: jma-single_silver-laptop-single-back.jpg (1126x1126, 76K)

Eh, usually the USB ports on monitors run back to the computer to form an additional hub. So... Should have the same effect as plugging it into near any other USB port on the computer - though I suppose the ones on the computer are more apt to be 3.x compliant. In either case, it'd normally disable the speakers and enable the headset, provided you made the headset your default device.

>Scratching paint to get a ground is a common issue?
I'm saying you HAVE to scratch the paint, and most people don't know that.

The rest of your post is literally what I said, but with sarcasm. Go home, you're drunk.

Having signed up with a low-cost ISP in a country with notorious bad network(Australia), my internet connection is exceptionally slow during night time. However, if connected to a VPN, the connection quality would improve vastly - although still with occasional lag spike.

What could be the cause of this strange behaviour?

Attached: [email protected] (1140x1490, 441K)

This one.

I see, i do have consoles plugged into my monitors, thats why im wondering if it works or not

I got this one and it's pretty good.

Attached: Lavolta Ergonomic Laptop Table Desk Breakfast Bed Tray Book Holder .jpg (425x314, 17K)

Dude I wasn't arguing with you rationally, we stopped doing that quite a few posts ago. You literally can not stop trying to prove that all car grounds aren't connected to the chassis, that one stupid ass post completely obliterated any credibility you had.

You probably hooked up some fucking shitty ass nigger bass amp that randomly killed your beamer on the freeway while you blasted innocent people with jungle bunny shit or pantera, so now you are an expert.

Its fucking pathetic, be sure to remind people to replace the plastic covers, because its all you were and are good for.

Hrmm... Likely be different for the consoles. It wouldn't be redirecting the monitor's speakers to the headset, it'd be changing the computer's audio device - so the consoles would likely still output to the monitor's speakers via their HDMI's or whatnot.

>You literally can not stop trying to prove that all car grounds aren't connected to the chassis
They don't though. The engine and transmission are directly connected to the road from the drivetrain. The chassis isn't, it's isolated with paint, rubber, and plastic. Hence the ground capacitance being shit.

Ask OP.

Dunno... Run a trace route? Maybe your VPN is bypassing something faulty. If they can't find it and fix it, time for a new ISP, that sorta latency isn't acceptable even in Iraq.

It being worse at night may have to do with the local activity or the ISP screwing you, depending on the sort of connection you're using.

Sorry guys I'm too busy shitting up the thread because I hate people trying to help each other

Ask your doctor if the packaging doesn't answer it for you. Some medicines aren't actually picky about how and when they're taken as long as the dosage is not too high at any given point and the dose over a longer period is fine.
Other types of medicine is vital to take at exactly the right time and you're completely fucked up if you take the same meds an hour later.

>Ask your doctor if the packaging doesn't answer it for you.
It does. It says breakfast. His day starts at 6PM, that's when he's breaking his fast during sleep.

Guys is there any way I can save my monitor? It doesn't want to stay powered on anymore. It'll receive power for about 30 seconds after i plug it in then go dead. Plugging and unplugging results in either nothing or power for less than 30 seconds until i leave it rest for a while.
It sort of strikes me as repairable, but I opened it up and realised i dunno what to do so here I am.
It's and Asus VE247H if that matters.

>until i leave it rest for a while.
what?

Just take out all the junky bits and put in new stuff. Been repairing computers for over 40 years and that never fails

90% of the time a dead monitor is just a capacitor which died.
Check these things to see if one is bulging or burst, then replace it with one that has the same values.

Attached: capblown_3.jpg (544x408, 57K)

is..is he gone now?

Is there a currently active OneeChan fork?