Anyone else find it extremely disturbing that the central processing unit of computers around the world is made almost...

anyone else find it extremely disturbing that the central processing unit of computers around the world is made almost entirely from one or two large companies?

Attached: 524531134.jpg (195x259, 9K)

no

You forgot ARM

cyrix for life

Would be nice to have some more competition.

Somewhat unfortunate, but it's quite natural. It's called barriers to entry.

welcome into the club
>libreboot.org

If you're thinking of Intel and AMD, then you're off by a factor of 10, every year produced ARM processors outnumber produced x86 CPUs by that number

Not at all, this solves a ton of compatibility issues. For instance, there's only a 50% chance intel compiler optimisations don't apply to your CPU.

>trannyware

Attached: 1464612929748.png (500x322, 42K)

Intel and... who?

Via

i have hat

Attached: 1462903937182.jpg (638x792, 61K)

That is the final redpill. Intel is the ultimate spying company and no one gives it shit like they do with Facebook/Google spying

Choose the future of RISC-V

>Isnt it weird how only a few companies have billions of dollars and the resources to run a fabricator.
W-woah

The tinfoil is completely justified for Intel though. It's basically public knowledge that they're putting backdoors on the chip and this is causing all their vulns

And one of them being basically based in Isr**l

I hadn't actually thought about it but yes, I suppose it is. Or rather what's more disturbing is that there is zero regulation aside from regulatory capture

check

Daily reminder that you can free yourself from the botnet for about $2200 plus shipping, which is the cost of the base model Talos II pre-builts from Raptor Engineering. These workstations are open source all the way down to the boot firmware. There's no Intel Management Engine or AMD Platform Security Processor. If you stick to using the integrated graphics you can run them with 100% free and open source software.

Specs of the entry level workstation:

>EATX chassis with 500W ATX power supply
>A single Talos™ II Lite EATX mainboard
>One 4-core IBM POWER9 CPU
>4 cores per package
>SMT4 capable
>POWER IOMMU
>Hardware virtualization extensions
>90W TDP
>One 3U POWER9 heatsink / fan (HSF) assembly
>8GB DDR4 ECC registered memory
>2 front panel USB 2.0 ports
>128GB internal NVMe storage
>Recovery DVD

Start fucking buying them so the prices can come down. I can't afford more than one or else I'd be getting more.

Attached: boardlarge.png (1500x1000, 1.31M)

stop trying to make arm happen.

why not just get librem

>2018
>being transphobic

RISC V

Thank me later

>transphobic
>implying I'm scared of faggots
nope just hate

Attached: 1508688630239.png (2400x1800, 2.23M)

icc is dogshit anyway, and can't even properly implement any C++ standard past C++11.

Old 8 and 16 bit cpus can be used for routing and packet inspection to ensure against invasion of privacy. If packets can't make it past your router there is no real spying happening.

Why can old cpu's prevent this? They lack the complexity to hide the spying. Low instruction set = security.

Old 80's tech was more secure on the wire.

Mandy...Gay Mandy
>Gay Mandy Ray Dion

>implying I'm scared of faggots
I am, I get the same feeling I get when I see a hueg fucking spider on my bed. I want to kill them immediately and throw the body away.

as expected, a trip fag is shallow and stupid

It isn't shallow or stupid.

It's a survival mechanism.

literally been thinking about this daily for the last 4 weeks, nothing wrong could happen r-right?

Attached: 1494009160798.jpg (480x251, 38K)

i'm scared of trannies because of buffalo bill from silence of the lambs

Reminder that the Blackbird is coming, which means it will be available at an even lower price point.

>little dumb dumb doesn't know that arm does not make any chips

Attached: me2.png (403x347, 103K)

how big are the CPUs that fit in those sockets compared to an AMD threadripper?

>wanting to kill something that poses no threat to you
>survival mechanism

Being disgusted by transvestites is built in. Like being freaked out by a spider or feeling disgust having mystery goop on your hands.

Its a survival mechanism because it literally increases your chances of survival. Good genetics make you automatically want to get rid of trannies. It isn't bigotry or hatred, its straight up ingrained human nature.

but they do, arm™ also manufacture cpus, it's more than just a patent, it's also a private company owned by softbank