Apple

What went wrong? (in terms of innovation)

Attached: thinkdifferentcropped-20160330101949152[1].jpg (743x496, 15K)

ran out of ideas when it came to innovating

>apple has a notch on their phone
>all android phones have a notch
>apple removes headphone jack
>all android phones have no headphone jack
kek, apple is still the leader in the smartphone industry, you Jow Forums cucks are so delusional

The android market has unironically turned into "what can apple get away with and how do we copy them"

>dont have notch
>do have headphone jack
Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S8

Apple stopped stealing ideas. Instead they're now trying to come up with new ideas, ideas which are all shit

They have embraced the idea that apple products are status indicators, which hurts functionality.

Ex 1: Notch. No functional improvements, actually makes app development more difficult.
Ex 2: Thinner and thinner laptops. Causes serious thermal throttling. Leads to measures that hurt their accessibility to professionals (soldered in memory/storage, removal of ports, removal of third party repair support).
Ex 3: No aux out. Literally created to sell Airpods.

Absolutely fucking nothing. Sometimes they just rush like with wireless headphones that have a joke battery life or the dumb pencil/mouse charging but they are so far ahead of the pack, they can afford to. Lagdroid phones keep getting worse and MS is the only company who attempts to compete with their laptops, but won't have a chance unless they fix Windows.

Now when will the faggots finally update 12" Macbook already and release some SE replacement or at least a phone without a camera bump and all glass back.

nothing. I don't see any other company trying to innovate as much as Apple.

They lucked their way into some really big hits and as a result became such a big company that they could hire as many experts as necessary to completely understand how to exploit the capitalist system. With this, they pivoted to the position of a fashionable jewelry company like Rolex except with policies such as the walled garden or forced obsolescence that keep people from moving elsewhere that they're able to do because they're technically selling technology.

Didn't they beat Rolex at their own game in like 2-3 years though? That's way beyond luck.

It didn't become easier to program, they merely reinvented the already existing wheel with Swift, for egoistical financial gain.

Most spergs from Jow Forums don't know shit about problems with time management Tim Cooks leadership introduced into the company.

I will not buy an apple watch to work around their fuckups. Not happening. Tim Cooks innovations come from a "you use nothing but apple products all around the house" standpoint, not from a "you use a mac" standpoint.

*blocks your path*

Attached: blackberry-key2-preview-18.jpg (1600x1200, 202K)

The last innovative Apple product was the apple 2
Unfortunately they are all about marketing instead of engineering

>android
fucking yikes

Attached: 1536427446489.jpg (1000x615, 183K)

>fat wannabe laptop
>actual tablet with useful pen
Not even MS shills for Surface anymore.

thats really true kek

Steve Jobs died

Grammar.

holy shit those keys look comfy

careful, you'll trigger the vir/g/ins

Large companies inevitably become shit. When they reach a certain point they know that can just phone it in so they get lazy and stop trying.

>all android phones have no headphone jack
Wait did I miss something? Want it just like a year ago when everybody was mocking Apple for this and now Google copied them?

>When they reach a certain point they know that can just phone it in so they get lazy and stop trying.
Like Microsoft did with Longhorn? With Vista? With Kin? With Zune? With Win8? With Win 10? With their music service?
Not to mention the abomination that was Me.

SSH, remote desktop, and RetroArch on this thing is peak comfy. It's unironically the best phone for emulators.

I know a whole ton of people with surface tablets that actually use them. I can count people I know who still use an ipad for anything on 0 hands.

Apple products are the very definition of bugmen, basic bitches, and s o y boys.

They're at the phase where the company is so ridiculously rich and powerful (first trillion dollar company btw), they become complacent: they stop trying new shit, and they hike the prices of their products further up every year.

It's very much the same attitude of corporations that hold a monopoly over something.

Attached: 1485194597016.jpg (620x768, 81K)

they didn't invent anything though
nice numbers though

they discontinued the iPod

the same thing that went wrong with everyone else, the mature market and consumer trends that encouraged mediocrity as long as the spexx and numbers were big enough

a phone or computer is no different from a stove or washing machine in 2018, even to most nu-Jow Forums posters

Jobs died.

>a phone or computer is no different from a stove

well sure if it's a samsung

Jobs died, and I'm glad he died.

Attached: 1534412934316.png (700x4550, 887K)

>saved
companies that do shit like this don't deserve the loyalty their shills give them...
why defend so hard? for an expensive logo?

Why?
Swipe typing exist.
Word prediction.

Word prediction is responsible for norman and duck. Also you don't realize how much screen space you're missing when 40% of it is blocked by an onscreen keyboard.

I love how iPad's title is blurred

nothing, they were never innovative, just good at marketing

This. innovation needs time. putting that innovation to become product needs even more time. Smartphone manufactured now released new product every years now. Basically all they do now just make and produce a new casing.

They all have same manufactured.

>dumb pencil/mouse charging
I absolutely get the grievance with magic mouse charging but why do people have such a problem with the way the pencil charges? is it literally just because
>hurr durr it look dumb

They weren't not trying with Longhorn. They kept developing so many features that it was introducing tons of bugs into the system, and they did the development reset basically to strip it down so they wouldn't have so many features. Also, one of the main points of Longhorn was basically to rewrite the OS in WinFX, (which became .NET 3.0,) and I guess rewriting so much of it without having enough time to iron out the kinks resulted in a lot of problems too. The development reset, unfortunately, basically made it go back to a standard Win32 release. Also, one of the main features that was embedded deep in how a bunch of features functioned, WinFS, was buggy as hell.

But, basically, they were trying really hard to add so much to the OS but it was simply becoming near impossible to maintain.

Tim Crook.

Repairability is a mean-legged bitch. This is probably what killed it for me.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (550x550, 31K)