Microsoft makes 60000 patents available to Linux-patentgroup

globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/10/10/1619375/0/en/Microsoft-Joins-the-Open-Invention-Network-Community.html

zdnet.com/article/microsoft-open-sources-its-entire-patent-portfolio/

Attached: 1537361842062.png (656x398, 51K)

delete yourself. Jow Forums still refuses to believe in the goodness of MS and revel in the glories of the bounty hereby offered anyway. idk why they bother, may as well be Apple all day

>goodness
>of a company
How jewish are you? A company's only responsibility is to make money and please the shareholders.

>make money
they make money having
>>goodness

>anything that makes money is bad
kys you communist retard.

Attached: 1531407459148.jpg (1920x1080, 166K)

I didn't say that making money was bad, I'm just saying that Microsoft isn't doing this to be nice.

No, they make money by maintaining good PR. Just because they decided to stop being patent trolls and release thousands of patents that are about to expire anyway, doesn't necessarily mean that much.

Everything that matters to them are still proprietary and IP with thousands of lawyers working on protecting it.

This is simply Microsoft's attempt to take over the other patents owned by this group.

> CoC
> threats of code revocation
> Microsoft makes patents available
> coincidence?
this is all linked

that is not how it works.

let me guess, non-commercial, non-binding "promise" not to sue

instead of guessing, why don't you read the links you lazy retard

Not only that but holding patents costs money. Probaly more money than the patents are worth right now.

>holding patents is suddenly bad because MS gives it to loonixfags
COPE

>Gets seat on board
>Slowly takes over board
>Starts denying patent protection to non MS approved distros.

>being a patent troll was ever good

>>Starts denying patent protection to non MS approved distros.
this is not how it works you mongoloid. learn about the licenses they use.

>releasing patents that were about to expire anyways
>worked out contracts won't change until they expire and so they will still leech money from android
it's fucking nothing. their next money maker is azure project which will be inside every electronic device inside your home, uploading activity and health reports to microsoft so they can work directly with their vendors. they weren't even hiding it in their commercials. if you thought privacy was bad now, microsoft is about to make a lot worse in the future.

nah mate, they made available all of their patents. learn2read

>their next money maker is azure project
Aren't something like more than 60% of their revenue already from Azure?

> So, what if your company has already signed a Microsoft patent agreement covering Android, Linux, or other open-source software? Well, it depends, according to Andersen, on the exact contract. I'll add, although I'm not a lawyer, I think if you were an OIN member, you'd be in a much better position to work out a new, better deal with Microsoft.
I did read more of it than you apparently.

>Microsoft patent agreement
nah mate, it would be through Open-invention network you brainlet.

implying they release you from the current contract

you really don't know how patents and licensing works, do you?

I know enough to understand this won't change their current agreement unless they agree to change it

>I know enough to understand
nah

nigger he even says so in the quote I picked out for you

Friendly reminder Microsoft definition of (((open source))) is a shady ass one.

Don't believe ((their)) lies

>*dringdring* *dringdring*
>"Bill speaking."
>"S-sir... our public image is c-crumbling. The latest Windows update fiasco... i-it's devestating! The shareholders are having a fit sir!"
>"..."
>"Release the patents."

Attached: BillGatesonPhone2.jpg (140x140, 19K)

What does this even mean anyways, how does it matter?

>freetards are selling out to SJWs
>Microsoft and valve are doing the actual job
if you're complaining about windows or steam or drm or any other non-free stuff you should honestly kys

EMBRACE
EXTEND
EXTINGUISH

not needed, loonixfags are already imploding.

Remind me again who makes the curent best, open source cross platform, free, extensible, non autistic text editor used for programming? (Hint: programs name is vscode)

I don't like Microsoft, but how shit are the other teams when they get beaten by Microsoft at their own game like this?

>using a text editor instead of a proper IDE like (neo)vim or emacs
Tell me how I know you're programming in some toy language like JavaScript

What part of extensible don't do understand? And vim is also a text editor you troglodyte.

>wanting windows technology in linux
lol

>What part of extensible don't do understand?
Yeah, please tell me more about all the wonderful extensions to vscode that allow me to use it as a frontend for GCC and use cscope instead of using Microsoft's own retarded indexing that eats 3 gigabytes trying to index the kernel source.

There's a reason why you only see hipster web monkeys using vscode, only support for JS and Python is any good. It's godawful for developing C or C++ in, especially on Linux.

>And vim is also a text editor you troglodyte.
Without extensions, sure. With extensions, it's a full-fledged IDE.

kek, it's the FAT patents stuff all again

This

You obviously never used vscode if you think it's only good for those 2 languages, you didn't even name one of the 3 actual problems with it (and which people always complain about in /dpt/). And if you want your specific plugin for vim in it, you can literally just port it.

is one of those problems telemetry?

>You obviously never used vscode if you think it's only good for those 2 languages
It's probably good for styling your CSS too.

>you didn't even name one of the 3 actual problems with it (and which people always complain about in /dpt/)
I mentioned my issues with it, I don't parrot others' opinions.

>And if you want your specific plugin for vim in it, you can literally just port it.
Are you saying I can make it use cscope instead of intellisense? Literally how?

>implying that's not the extinguish part

It's open source. Literally just go look at the code if you don't know how.

>vscode is the current best text editor
>you just have to program everything you need
I'll interpret your answer as you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and couldn't find any answer on Google either.

>t. bootlicker

POO

I'm done with this, I have actual touring to do instead of arguing with you. By by love.

What does this mean for ReactOS?

Shit, I didn't even open the link.
>with the legacy exception of its Windows and desktop application code
So nothing interesting.

You didn't even try to answer my concerns or issues. Fuck off, fanboy, or just admit that it isn't suitable for C development on Linux.

EXTEND

SIBLE

NIBBLE

>Microsoft makes 60000 patents available to Linux-patentgroup
>Microsoft "heart" Linux

Microsoft doesn't "heart" Linux.
Microsoft wants Linux's Desktop and server userbase. Every move is to entice current Linux users and admins to switch and to keep current Windows users planted right where they want them.
Please...
a company... care about a good cause? Without a hidden motive? Were the lot of you born yesterday?

Attached: 1473094827915.jpg (500x375, 23K)

if the loonix community wasn't made up of SJW retards, autistic asocial fags who hate user accessibility and GUIs, the loonix community would BTFO windows.

That's kind of true, but what they realy want is for the community to do their work for them like Linux. Why do you think C#, Prism, Asp, a d everything else they do is now open source? Check the virgin pages, the people fixing shit don't even work for Microsoft. On the bright side it does benefit the users so it's. To all bad. Hopefully in the future thrill open source windows.

ok but where is my data?

>SJW retards, autistic asocial fags who hate user accessibility and GUIs

notSJW, asocial nofag, likes user accessibility and GUI's

problem bitch?

Yes, Microsoft is supreme!

no, I like you, but most of the loonix community is not that way.

>if the loonix community had as much money as Microsoft for development, the loonix community would BTFO windows.
ftfy

>vscode
I just installed it. share you favorite themes because the standard ones aren't very good.

Attached: 1527106924458.png (651x410, 14K)

money in the hands of the loonix community would only allow them to ruin shit faster and harder.

Well the so-called SJW infiltration is a recent phenomenon. Linux has existed from the 90s. If they had Microsoft's money the last 25 years your OS would be sucking your dick right now.

>If they had Microsoft's money the last 25 years your OS would be sucking your dick right now.
I don't think that is true, because the philosophy of loonix fags is autistic as fuck, almost purposefully trying to ward off the masses from using their shit.

[EE&E intensifies]

>Embrace
>Extend (YOU ARE HERE)
>Extinguish

>Linux-patentgroup
what is this cia nigger shit

nah this is still the embrace phase

I don't think that is true at all. On Jow Forums systemd is hated, I don't even use it lol, but Linux sysadmins say it made their job hell of a lot easier. There's been a lot of work on DEs, making them more user friendly and all the major distributions have GUI package managers and system administration tools. Steam is about to make most games playable on Linux. A lot of time is being spent on graphics optimisation and stuff like DXVK.

Linux is definitely trying to be for the masses. I'm happy with my niche Void.

>GUI package managers
where most of the software is outdated and or non-working

Packages from the same repo where the CLI package managers get them. Debian unstable is quite up to date, so are OpenSUSE and Fedora.

>Google, IBM, NEC, Philips, Red Hat, Sony, SUSE, and Toyota
((()))

They cant keep getting away with this

>doesn't understand how IP works
If you don't defend your IP, you lose it. M$ would have to draft contracts to do this, which means they'd be forced to be transparent if they did something douchey.

>76 post thread
>not a single post on what we could actually get from this

now I understand that the Jow Forums is short for Jow Forumsarbage

Please tell me that exfat and NTFS can now be used on Android by OEMs without coughing up the cash.

Based

Attached: toukoxtux.jpg (1200x1600, 159K)

Embrace, extend, and extinguish

definitely not

vscode is unironically good. i hated but its open source and you can just compile it yourself with no bullshit.

>>"S-sir... our public image is c-crumbling. The latest Windows update fiasco... i-it's devestating! The shareholders are having a fit sir!"

Are you retarded? Literally nothing happened

such a great thing, but it's mostly because they failed to get windows mobile out there and they know that android is eating their lunch. i can't believe they gave up the patent royalties tho. big sea change for ms as a company.

I feel like m$ is going to its opencuck phase

sql server, vscode, .net core, xamarin/cordova(android), powershell is copying terminal

>Literally nothing happened

Attached: 1538842307022.png (1416x1756, 1.21M)

Attached: 1519274441745.png (209x248, 56K)

Actually the patents they're releasing might be outdated with security flaws.

Fonts: Monoid
Themes: Rainglow Themes ( huge variety)

They're not Intel

>some
>some

It was nothing, just some hit pieces by angry Apple/Linux nerds.

If Hiro asked me if he should nuke Jow Forums permanently and showed me this thread as a reason, I'd say "press the button, no second thoughts".

The logo is a subtle way to test the public response for when they unvail "Microsoft Linux"

There are dozens of us! Dozens! :(

>Themes: Rainglow Themes ( huge variety)
thanks

> microsoft developers brainlet pajeets
> linux developers trannies, sjw, niggers

>trannies, sjw
#justWhitePeopleThings

>"Microsoft Linux"
>a linux distro that runs windows software natively
Would unironically use.