Android still has to use SMS

>Android still has to use SMS
Holy fuck

Attached: 1371499751981.png (500x375, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/why-snapchat-photos-taken-android-look-terrible-bad-iphone-app-developers-2017-11
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SMS works without using data or internet connection. It's very good compared.

>no Internet connection
Whoops! made a mistake there I see!

>he STILL doesn't use xmpp
>in the year 2018
inb4 too beta to convince anyone

>Stuck using a 15 year old protocol that thinks 1mb is a large file size
>"N-No, I actually LIKE the taste of shit, o-okay??"

Wtf are you talking about?

/thread op btfo

This

>have to use sms
No. Also whats wrong with sms?

>Burgers still use sms

>Green bubbles

OP conveniently forgot
>Facebook messenger
>Whatsapp
>Skype
>Telegram
>Google Allo
>Google Hangouts
Etc.

Attached: kBwdpAz.jpg (700x700, 30K)

>Burgers still have limited phone data plans

>has to
What did he mean by this?

>has to
wut
The only retards that still use SMS in the current year are the burgers

FUCK OFF ZOOMER TRASH

Yes, we should all use closed source applications which send all messages via a third party that obviously would not abuse this position, the OP is right.

If you're talking about Android not using APPLE'S message system, you're the dumbest person I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

*telecom intercepts your message anyway*

How do I encrypt sms with gpg on the fly

You can't, SMS is not encrypted in any true sense.
You should use OpenKeychain with k9 mail.

>oh, just l-let me install 10 different messengers to be in touch with my new collegues, boss. i totally don't need an iphone.
seething

>friends use Messenger
>boss uses WhatsApp
>other boss uses Viber
>colleagues use Skype
Surely that covers everyth-
>dad uses Google Hangouts
Fuck

Attached: 1306523525112.jpg (211x290, 18K)

Couldn't I send the message encrypted like if I upload my truecrypt files to a public server they know I'm sending things but they can't read them.

>2018
>SMS
Nani the fuck

Yeah you could use a Yubikey and gpg encrypt the texts, but it wouldn't be seamless or on the fly.

Use Silence.
It's on F-Droid.

not an option. There is a program called Silence in the f-droid app store. You and your friend(s) can install that and do a key exchange and send encrypted messages back and forth. Nobody you'll ever want to send an SMS to will have that installed so it's not really a viable option

>Couldn't I send the message encrypted
No, the protocol itself does not support encryption natively.
I mean, you could 'encrypt' it using, for a very simple example, a caesar cypher and send it that way as plaintext.

>AndLoo needing all this shit to send messages, images, video, audio and data over the internet
>meanwhile on iPhone: *Opens Messages App*

Attached: C192EA45-9C85-47FB-9B86-034E749A10AE.gif (554x400, 122K)

We have grindr if we want to talk with faggots.

Attached: 2.png (600x578, 686K)

Lmao only an Andreet would start talking about cocks.

Attached: 969D4DA6-2698-498C-A57B-9CD400177A30.jpg (750x759, 234K)

>on iPhone: *Opens Messages App*
tell me more about how that's able to send anything to people who's not using itoys

there's a reason everyone I know who has an iphone uses snapchat

>snapchat
Glad you mentioned that
businessinsider.com/why-snapchat-photos-taken-android-look-terrible-bad-iphone-app-developers-2017-11

>tfw everyone here uses whatsapp including ifags
whatsapp is a shit standard but at least it's consistent here

>using Facegoy

Attached: DFD2C2F4-F1FC-4CDB-B39E-509FA079E570.png (500x697, 140K)

Why are phoneposters such braindead consumerists? Why do they enjoy being spied on and tracked from point A to B and having no control over their device whatsoever besides what the coddling GUI allows them?

Literally 99% of things the average phone user does doesn't constitute technology, only consumption (of media, of social-whatever garbage, etc). The other 1% is trading convenience for privacy.

If you're still using Snapchat as an older person I can't help, but feel sorry for you

This
Everyone who has a smartphone uses WhatsApp, no matter if Applel or Lagdroid. Some turbo autists use Signal, but that's it. If you started at sending regular texts / SMS, people would (rightfully) wonder if you've got brain damage.

>No, the protocol itself does not support encryption natively.
Then how does email encryption work?

>using social media
>having googleshit installed
>having a googlel account
That's another thing about whatsapp, it doesn't need google cancer to work.
Yes it's Facebook cancer but gotta talk the normalfag language if i want to interact with normalfags.

what a retarded video, "development difficulties" isn't why Snapchat takes a screenshot of the viewfinder. There's a standard API for taking photos that works on every phone. The actual reason is speed, a screenshot of the viewfinder is instant on every phone while the camera API makes the camera focus and that can take quite a few seconds on some phones.

The trick to by-pass this nonsense decision is to take a photo with the camera app & open it in snapchat

there's literally nothing wrong with SMS, and it's free with pretty much any data plan in first world countries (so probably not USA).
you literally can't give me a single argument for why SMS is bad technology

No shit Sherlock. It's almost as if it were a device made for media consumption and communication, not for serious work.

I have had cellular phones since the 90s, and I have never once used anything other then SMS or email for messaging.

>and it's free with pretty much any data plan in first world countries
That also applies for third world countries like mine but there's no point when nobody here uses it.

How do you contact tindrthots for fuggign

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to oversaturate the market with a million different messaging clients? Anything that isn't SMS is just a gimmick or a way of communication for 3rd worlders who don't have a sim card and communicates by messaging over Macdonalds wifi. You can't prove me wrong.

>zoomers think that the only way to score is using an app
that's just genuinely sad

I don't need to, I'm a turbochad. I have a steady gf, and I turned down a girl today at work who asked me if I wanted to go for a drink. Women literally come up to me in the street and start asking me out on dates, I've had four this past week.

Cringe.
Stupid andloo it’s because Android is so fragmented that not every phone has the Camera2 API

But you get called a "luddite" for pointing out that they have little value. You have people who think tapping their phone screen means they understand technology, and then they go and post on Jow Forums.

SMS is too expensive, though. Email, on the other hand...

I'm not a twelve year old girl, so please explain this Snapchat to me.

What does this even mean? I haven't sent a single text in two years, only Yanks are still using it

>SMS is too expensive
what kind of a shithole do you live in that doesn't have free unlimited SMS on even the most basic plans?

SMS doesn't use internet connection. You're thinking of a cellular connection. The two are not the same.

America, apparently

SMS is fucking free

They also have limited regular internet lmao that's some seriously cucked shit

>t. lordKEK's discord group

o nao he dabbin

$20 a month
>unlimited texts
>unlimited calls all networks
>unlimited data
>prepay
Amerimutts don’t know this feel

SMS is literally free, it is transmitted through the regular signals your phone sends to the antennas every few seconds to confirm it's still there and working, it doesn't add anything extra to those signals.

Carriers are charging us for SMS that costs them absolutely nothing, it's 100% profit.

I have the same on 11€

Well yeah, you need reliable service for when Ahmed triggers the IED with his cell phone.

>Not using whatsapp like rest of pajeet
>Brag on 9chon
>Tell pajiit you are better
>Post cat pics

Everyone here just uses WhatsApp. SMS and MMS are paid or very limited

Obsessed

C
O
P
E

Only amerimutts use SMS

No one's saying it's the best for everything.

I have the cheapest phone plan money can buy, and it comes with like 800 text messages, and 20 minutes of phone call worth of credit a month.

It's not best for almost anything

Where do you live? That's what our phone plans looked like when I was in school 10-15 years ago

Green bubble drones are literally SEETHING

'It doesn't matter! I can just use facebook messenger!' HAHAHAHAHAHAH
the state of you faggots, just get a job and buy an iPhone. You realise girls laugh at guys who send them green bubbles right?

wrf are "green bubbles"

some retarded shit for the retards using sms in 2018

So fucking what?

the absolute state of vir/g/ins

Some kind of american teenage girl obsession about iPhone and it's messaging protocol.

Attached: thumb_hey-its-jennifer-from-the-other-night-hey-oh-wow-27526118.png (200x173, 17K)

I have never I’m my entire life seen a human being use whatsapp. I’m an american iphone user. I asked my gf if she ever heard of whatsapp and she had no idea what i was talking about. Either you have an iphone or you are a poor shitskin.

I used SMS, I actually prefer to use SMS over Whatsapp because it's universal and I pay for a service I intend to use it as much as possible

Why do you non-burgers assume we pay for sms? That shit has been unlimited for over a decade now. Minutes too. Even data is unlimited for everyone but the very poor.

Poorly. Email was originally designed to work a lot like mail. Once you send it out you have no way of knowing how is routed and you can spoof almost every value in the header.

You do have options to encrypt your mail. With PGP or SMIME, but for that to work it has to implemented in the users client. If they don't use it themselves messages from you to them will never be encrypted, because they don't have a keypair. So any reply with the original message quoted could leak the conversation. Also the first email you send someone will always be in clear text because key exchange hasn't happened yet.

SMS is pretty good
>works on all devices that talk to mobile phone networks
>simple af
>can have encryption layered onto it
>internet gateways exist
XMPP is better, but SMS is alright.

I'll beat the shit out of anyone that uses Android

sure thing söyboy

>andsöy thinking anyone is scared of him

>itoddlers still shit in the street
holy fuck

Attached: 1512955803808.jpg (643x960, 256K)

>his IM needs to open a websocket with permanent internet connection just to get PUSH notifications and messages
lmao

Attached: 1532548262935.jpg (640x640, 55K)

>works on all devices that talk to mobile phone networks
>simple af
Legit reasons

>can have encryption layered onto it
Technically true, but in practice this is bullshit. Nobody does this because the message size is limited to 140 bytes, key distribution is a pain, and using PKCS#1 to encrypt a message directly is not considered a good idea.
>internet gateways exist
but they cost a fuckton...

Fuck SMS. RCS is the future of shit-tier messaging protocols.

Americans are the only ones still stuck with SMS (or iMessage for Apple devices, I guess), I guess that's why

i pay $25/month on sprint here in the U.S. for all that. why are you saying we don't know how that feels? you mean the $5 difference? wow, ok...

Wouldn't it make sense to get a phone plan where you don't pay for things you don't use than to pay for it then try to find ways to get use out of it?

apple's imessage is the biggest piece of shit i have ever had the displeasure of using. it is NOT as reliable as sms and it constantly fucks up message threads.

Canadian here, I don't understand why Americans are so invested in messaging apps. Everyone I know uses sms because it works perfectly. The only exception is using snapchat for pictures but nobody sends messages through it.

Maybe this is just partly because data is fucking expensive here and it's literally not possible to buy less than unlimited sms?

Yawn... same post every 5 minutes

Yawn... same street shit every 5 minutes

Attached: 1509199888939.jpg (622x767, 191K)