mobile.twitter.com/Plagman2/status/1032532014442852353
twitter.com/Plagman2/status/1032532014442852353
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>this kills the linux gamer

is this the start of mainstream hyperthreading

>DX12
>not vulkan
Yeah, wow, great....

Attached: 1379341960721.gif (245x155, 988K)

What does this mean? Won't I be able to play WoW with wine anymore?

Wow, that garbage isn't dead yet?

It'll be 4 threads MAX

Why? It's easy to translate DX12 directly into Vulkan.

Does this have anything to do with AMD?

It's dying gradually. Blizzard won't even announce the sub numbers to their shareholders anymore.

>WoW is still alive
I still have trouble believing this

DXVK, you fucking brainlet gaymer

Still trash, but you probably don't notice it running minecraft

That's for DX11, but he's still a brainlet I agree, because >Why? It's easy to translate DX12 directly into Vulkan.

It's almost the same API and both are very low overhead.

DXVK is unironically great.

I wonder if this might mean older multi core CPU might experience a massive jump?

For example, would you get any improvement on a 2600k?

It is till you start running complex games.
Not gonna start explaining it because i already did in a thread before and I'm on the phone, but it's far from making people switch to Linux,and unless companies invest massive resources or money, it won't change too soon

>It is till you start running complex games.
It runs NieR: Automata, GTA V, The Witcher 3 etc. at Windows native frame rates.

How are these not complex games?

>Not gonna start explaining it because i already did in a thread before and I'm on the phone, but it's far from making people switch to Linux,
I agree, but for entirely different reasons than dxvk itself. I don't recommend Linux gaming because Wine input support, consistently flawless audio etc. still has a way to go.

You still need to put some effort into getting games to run on Linux. I'm not shilling Linux gaming here, in fact, please don't do that if your intention is to play video games. I'd prefer if people used Windows for gaming if that's all they do, because consistently gamers come back with "REEEEEE LINUX SUCKS" after they couldn't get a game to run.

Even a 2500k doesnt get 40% utilization playing wow. Thats the primary reason i dont upgrade yet. At 4.5ghrz with my rx480 my pc is very good for 72hz freesync at 1080p. All the coarz are great but if you cant utilize them its useless.

>gta v native windows performance under dxvk
I'd rather say you're delusional, same for W3, i don't know or care about manchild-tier games.
The only scenario where that's possible is probably under fiddled drivers for an AMD card. Even then I'm not believing it without proof.
So no, you're not getting native performance with dxvk, but it's still an improvement.
WoW is a complex game with a lot of support and it still runs like shit compared to win. It's more than playable but the lack of optimizations makes the game look like trash by comparison. The difference between idling and loading high number of models is literally night and day.

in the past few weeks. I played Witcher 3, Nier, Mad Max, Shadow of Mordor, and payday, all on 60 fps.

Granted, a few of them stuttered on my GTX 770. But it's a pretty old graphics card anyway (launched in 2018), and it even stuttered on Windows

I bought a RX 580 and haven't had a single complaint about performance

Not even to shareholders? Gonna need sauce on that

>The only scenario where that's possible is probably under fiddled drivers for an AMD card. Even then I'm not believing it without proof.
You don't need to fiddle with anything. You literally just install wine and RADV like you would any other package for AMD, then set up dxvk easily.

>So no, you're not getting native performance with dxvk, but it's still an improvement.
youtube.com/watch?v=TYmSoEhJL18

>Native windows performance?
>You must be delusional
>Also I don't care about 2 massive open world games that aren't as complex as my 14 year old game and you're a manchild
>Also I don't believe you
>And that's why you can't actually get native performance

Attached: 1522549048689.png (441x328, 210K)

Back years ago when i had an AMD card drivers sucked, things got better for sure but I'm not using an amd card. So before people generally claim
>why do you use widows when dxvk is out lamayo
Maybe take that into consideration. Linux's problems is that it's volatile based on hardware. It's no secret that Nvidia for example has better performance because they invest in their drivers mainly for windows when it comes to gaming, that's what linus was middle fingering about:the closed state of drivers.

That's more like it, though gta v is a game with a lot of support,hopefully people test out more games with proton

>Back years ago when i had an AMD card drivers sucked
Yeah, I had an AMD 5870 years ago and the drivers DID suck. Your choice was a 2D only driver or fglrx/catalyst which was pure cancer.

That is not at all the case today. Immediately after Mesa landed GPU reclocking support back in ~2012 or something the Mesa driver became *usable*. Then it added dynamic power management in 2013, and it actually became vastly better than the proprietary driver at the time. Since then it has steadily gained OpenGL performance (to where now it performs more or less like the card should perform) and support for new cards.

AMD literally has hired devs working on Mesa's AMD (radeonsi) driver, and they actually consider it an official driver along with their proprietary stack at this point. The amdgpu kernel driver is their *official* kernel driver, which works on both Mesa and their proprietary stack.

>Maybe take that into consideration.
See I do not at all recommend people who are primarily gamers to use Wine + DXVK over Windows.

>Linux's problems is that it's volatile based on hardware.
This remains true only for Nvidia nowadays. AMD and Intel both have official, open source kernel drivers for their cards that are mainlined now. radeonsi (Mesa and Gallium3D AMD driver) is in very good shape.

>that's what linus was middle fingering about:the closed state of drivers.
Linus' middle finger had absolutely nothing to do with gaming. Linus' middle finger was about Nvidia's secretive and closed source nature with kernel-mode hardware drivers.

That has nothing to do with gaming because OpenGL and Vulkan are both implemented in userspace.

Look it up. Blizz stopped reporting numbers since WoD

WoWfag here. Tried this on the PTR client.

On a 6600k clocked to 4.5 and 1080 card this gives me an extra 10 fps or so maxed out. It's most notable in the more populated plates (capital cities in the new expac).

They've had DX12 since BFA launch, but it was mostly a net negative to use before this.

*places, fuck it.

How does it feel to be the Virgin WoWfag?

t. Chad EVE

why are AMDcucks like this?

Attached: Why the fuck everything single threaded.png (800x522, 265K)

Icing on the cake is i'm a RPfag too.

Attached: 1438774523043.jpg (719x719, 62K)

What does that have to do with anything?
I'm telling you. games work really well with Steam's proton. solid 60fps

Attached: doom.jpg (1920x1080, 465K)

I don't think to the extent you would expect.
Still have to run recount, vent, uTorrent, chrome, ect.
I would expect it to have a good bump though.
I'm wondering if ryzen will see a good increase.

30% increase on first gen ryzen 7 !! wtf !!!!!!!

It's a subjective thing but many people don't play at 60 fps, or at least not such casual games.

So you can't provide citation. We all believe you.

I just google searched his original post as is and instantly got results in the top regarding it. Are you mentally retarded user?

You can optimize the engine all you want, doesn't change the fact that they replaced all the game designers and writers with pink haired SJWs that can't actually make a good game and spend most of their time on social media ranting about Trump.

>DX12
I'm so glad Blizzard killed off Fullscreen due to this faggotry.

Win7, 8, 8.1 dont have DX12. Linux does.
>artificial restrictions.
winehq.org/news/2018052301

Liberate yourself.

also, yes. it does support WoW.
mobile.twitter.com/Plagman2/status/1032532014442852353

>

>vent, uTorrent, chrome
get the fuck out of Jow Forums

Kill all the loyal potato users by reskinning to HD textures.

>mmofags
you're the same people, really
mmos really only work when you're a kid
after that all you can do is try to replicate some of the nostalgia while hardly having any fun

>>after that all you can do is try to replicate some of the nostalgia while hardly having any fun
this isn't so much a problem with MMOs as it is with the fact that adult life in the modern world is stressful and traumatizing enough that you lose the ability to have fun in general.

That's because FF14 has them beat.

My windows XP dont support dx12

>WoW
>20-fucking-18
No one gives a shit.

yikes, go back to /v/ loser

Linux has DX12 support through Vulkan
twitter.com/Plagman2/status/1032532014442852353
Dumb nigger