Any brainfags here following skycoin or skywire...

Any brainfags here following skycoin or skywire? biz is retarded and i want to hear some opinions from people with IQs above 70

its basically a blockchain platform and their flagship application is a mesh network (skywire) aiming to build a new internet thats censorship resistant and ISP independent

more info can be found here:
skycoin.net/
github.com/skycoin
downloads.skycoin.net/whitepapers/Skycoin-Whitepaper-v1.0.pdf
github.com/skycoin/whitepapers/blob/master/whitepaper_skycoin_consensus_v01_jsm.pdf

let me know what you think

Attached: [email protected] (2526x1600, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/richest-in-tech/list/
discovery.skycoin.net:8001/#/
christianott.co/skycoin_skywirestats_en/
submarinecablemap.com/
github.com/skycoin/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Attached: PR6kTph.jpg (5000x3333, 828K)

go back to >>Jow Forums

Synth (CEO) is literally a scammer, you'd have to be a fool to fall for this project

Antenna is nice. Seems like a better plan than what the failed Jow Forumsternet meshnet threads proposed.

Attached: antenna.webm (362x640, 690K)

muh decentralized censorship free sekrit networks!!111
these have been done for millenia

and all of them are tiny or die off because nobody is incentivized to run the hardware. thats what makes skywire different

Yeah, and all of them are shit. Freenet has like 10,000 nodes after ten years or so.

Skywire is interesting though, they're up to 8,000 nodes in four months.

Autist, 136, fuck blockchain and this meme shit

Lol he was fixing bugs in Bitcoin before anyone ever heard of Bitcoin

>Skywire is interesting though, they're up to 8,000 nodes in four months.
Wait, really? If it actually managed to take off then good on them. They still have to solve latency issues through.

>not using old antenna from before digital switch still left to mesh net

2scammy4me

Agreed. Current ISP infrastructure really isn't optimized for SDN in any way.
Adoption is going to take a few years but I'm excited to build antennas.

I don't get this. Is it motorized?

Attached: 1538581920095.png (1854x1080, 1.42M)

The tech will never take off and it'll end up having five users, three of which are CIA niggers trying to figure out what the other two are saying. Plus there's absolutely no reason to apply "blockchain everything!" to distributed data transport (or anything else for that matter); a volunteer-run WoT mesh would work much better.

>He is probably worth $100m+ and you think he wants to scam people? From what, more money? Lol at you
Are you implying that there's a single person in the following list that isn't actively trying to fuck the global collective in the ass for some combination of more wealth, more power and the realization of some soul-crushing social pet project? forbes.com/richest-in-tech/list/

Making substantial money in crypto is not going to happen you have missed the boat.

>brainlet OP comes here from Jow Forums while calling everyone on Jow Forums retarded because they tell him Skycoin is a scam.
>gets rekt by Jow Forums and everyone here also tells him it's a scam
>hurr durr you guys just don't get it

Fucking kill yourself, OP. Seriously. You're a dumbfuck craving confirmation bias while being too stupid to DYOR and figure out this shit is a scam. I know your bags are heavy and looking for hope, but at the same time you are so weak and deluded that it's disgusting.

Attached: 1287344284242.jpg (380x302, 31K)

How else do you propose to track bandwidth and CPU/Storage metering. This thing is also a whitehat botnet with automated buying/selling of computational resources.

I've yet to see actual arguments highlighting flaws in this and why it would be a scam.

Attached: 499.jpg (891x1280, 246K)

Just use tor+mysterium+shift and you have a more viable option without having to reinvent the wheel and buy dedicated hardware

Yeah, and they're slow as fuck. Not using legacy internet hardware has much better performance for much less overhead.

This.
FUck your shit scam, OP. Sage and reported.

thank you though

Oh yeah, a real scam, those suckers are going to be left with a provably trustless decentralized internet free of government surveillance and corporate data harvesting..

>aiming to build
>will do X
What is it doing NOW? What have they build?
Until you see a product it's vaporware and just a money cow for "devs"/speculators that got in very early.

Nodes online: discovery.skycoin.net:8001/#/

Antennas in production. DIY community alive and well.

Already more progress than any meshnet project in existence.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 1.33.03 PM.jpg (2020x1494, 983K)

>mesh network
>scalable
>decentralized
pick 2

8K nodes run by the same 10 people isn't very secure, nice scamcoin my dude.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 2.41.53 PM.png (880x410, 48K)

lol, they literally have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

MPLS networking and LPLR radio isn't new tech, user.

Attached: FireShot Capture 18 - Low power long range radio communication - http___whiteboard.ping.se_SDR_WSPR. (1710x1942, 1.91M)

official assessment: garbage tier scamcoin

checklist:

whitepaper has no specifics, all buzzwords and marketing fluff

technical docs are not fucking anywhere to be found

routing protocol spec is non existent but have you checked the whitepaper for marketing fluff yet?

dev team contains 1 known scammer

etherium based (not decentralized)

probably a scam

Nodes make money via metered bandwidth use, so if people try to monopolize the market they'll fail because actual usage is what it's backed by.

Nodes are spread across the world.
christianott.co/skycoin_skywirestats_en/

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 1.45.21 PM.jpg (1350x838, 62K)

except they haven't got any clue what they're on about and literally trying to scam people already.
See 'Current Internet' is nothing like reality.
Here for example is a network of AAPT's wholesale transit network. There are many others like it in Australia, from Agile, Chime, Telstra, Primus, Vocus, Macquarie, Verizon, etc.

Then when we look at how Australia connects to the rest of the globe alone with the many pacific nations around it on the underseas cable map - submarinecablemap.com/ - and we start to see a picture that looks, shockingly - a lot like what SXC propose *they* are going to do but doesn't currently exist.

Hmmm.... That's at best deliberately misleading.
At worst - it's a complete scam.

Attached: aapt-connect-ausmap-large.gif (608x460, 28K)

case and point

>it's secure kuz it's written in go that even protects from 51% attacks

anyone who buys into this deserves to get burned for being a fucking dumb shit

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 2.54.53 PM.png (770x157, 40K)

>aiming to build a new internet thats censorship resistant and ISP independent

Interesting, what kind of guys hang out here?

Attached: chris-hansen.jpg (200x300, 6K)

Why do you crypto pajeets ALWAYS use appeal to authority fallacy?

github.com/skycoin/

>etherium based (not decentralized)
hahahaha, I was going to respond to your points but you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. The entirety of eth and all its ERC20 shitcoins could be ported to Skycoin's Fiber.

All those words and you didn't say anything of substance.

State the scam. State your point.

Are you ESL? That's not what that block of text says.

Give us free money to build some thing that already exists but we're pretending it doesn't.

opinion noted, the block of text there disagrees with you.

Take this shit back to There is no technology here, it's a money making venture pure and simple.

Jow Forums is not for investment advice or discussion of coins or investments.
Jow Forums was created to remove this shit from Jow Forums.

>I was going to respond to your points but I don't have anything to refute that with so I'll just call you stupid

k

Guess you're happy on your Google Fiber connection with PRISM collecting every single piece of communication you've ever sent and your data carrier tracking your location every ten minutes.

Attached: 1534167380753.jpg (703x526, 65K)

You called yourself stupid, lol. Show me where Skycoin is an ERC20 token and I'll give you a proper response.

Attached: 1538435689628.jpg (326x294, 18K)

Uhh dude. Im currently looking at a skyminer.

That pedo argument is the worst. Hey guys, lets stifle everyones freedom and technology cause some scumbags will use it for jerking off to kids, you know, like they already do with the current internet and stuff.

Fuck off to the shithole you crawled out from.

>biz is retarded and i want to hear some opinions from people with IQs above 70

FFS, I LEFT /BIZ TO NO HEAR ABOUT CRYPTO ANYMORE AS /POLFAGS RUINED THE BOARD AND SPAM NONSTOP MEMES WHILE LOSING THEIR PARENTS MONEY ON STUFF THEY DONT UNDERSTAND!

Seriously, fuck your memecoins.
50% of all coins are useless on a technical level.
The other 50% are developed by criminals who broke a fuckton of security related laws in almost every country on this planet. Maybe except North Korea and maybe Russia (as you can fuck a little girl in front of the police station and get away with it, as long as you pay the police to look the other way).

lol, now show me the "known scammer" on the dev team.

Or the "non-existant" technical documentation that's literally on their website and all over their blog and code repositories.

Skycoin isn't even really about the coin. It's about the meshnet. The blockchain and trustless aspects just make sure that the system isn't a giant server farm out in China like BTC is.

Attached: photo5035572627841853468.jpg (1440x2560, 213K)

If the coin goes to zero (what it is worth), what will happen?

That just means the closed loop coinhour economy will be much more active given that not nearly as many coinhours are being burnt.

The coin is deflationary though, and in turn generates an inflationary secondary coin, so that's pretty unlikely.

Attached: 1_5111973700375150630.jpg (3456x5120, 2.9M)

Nah, the guys that run this are already rich. It's about the meshnet and about telling government spy programs to go fuck themselves.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.56.00 PM.jpg (634x116, 19K)

The economy becomes more active by what?
What incentives do these people have who participate?
What does the deflationary factor has to do with anything in this matter?

>Buying and selling Skycoin is feeless.
>Skycoin generates a secondary currency called coinhours.
>Transferring Skycoin burns a % of coinhours to do so, making transaction spam impossible.
>A price of $0 indicates no buying/selling.
>Coinhour burn rate is lowered.
>Inflation in effect, motivation to spend.
>Coinhour economy, which buys/sells resources on the Skywire network such as bandwidth, cpu, and storage is more active and as a result has more demand.

They have all the reasons to participate as using the current internet. Skywire is privately owned equipment by individuals so it's cheaper/faster to operate given that there's no corporate overhead like paying for operations space or employees.

Deflation as described above is the reason $0 is unlikely in your tongue and cheek comment.

Had no idea what this shit was until I saw this thread. From what I can see online it seems to be a pretty big pyramid scam. There's heaps of information on it if you google it. You'd have to be a retard to get involved with this

>I trust google to give me reliable information on something that threatens their business model.

Attached: photo4996794484817766384.jpg (548x1266, 92K)

nigger i dont even own any SKY, ive just been reading about it
>etherium based
christ, at least look into it before talking out of your ass
>written in golang
>51% attack resistant
these are two separate statements that have nothing to do with each other. thats what we use periods for in english.