I have invented infinite storage

My folder takes Zero bytes. Each folder can take 256 characters. 4 folders can store 1 KB and OS will recognize it as Zero bytes. I have invented infinite storage.

Change my mind.

Attached: infinite.png (635x162, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HFS_Plus#Design
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>11 September 2001

Attached: 1515336841204.jpg (750x500, 66K)

>8:52 am

>Tuesday

>Lee Hanson receives a phone call from his son, Peter, a passenger on United 175, who says: "I think they've taken over the cockpit—an attendant has been stabbed—and someone else up front may have been killed. The plane is making strange moves. Call United Airlines—tell them it's Flight 175, Boston to LA." Also on board Flight 175, a flight attendant calls a United Airlines office in Chicago, reporting that the flight had been hijacked, both pilots had been killed, a flight attendant had been stabbed, and the hijackers were probably flying the plane

#!/bin/bash
while :
do
mkdir dir
cd dir
done
let me know how long it takes your hard drive to fills up

Is it not the case that the space for filenames is simply already reserved in the filesystem's structures? So like there's a maximum number of files that can be created per filesystem depending on disk size right?

>what are inodes
if you're going to post with trip mind googling first?

listen mate your logic is flawless here I don't see any possible way to dispute that, it clearly says zero

Oh look another tripfag to filter
Thanks!

You're onto something here, OP. Changing the name also doesn't affect the size.

Attached: image.jpg (265x637, 86K)

try my script

>4 folders can store 1 KB and OS will recognize it as Zero bytes

Because your OS is for toddlers and not reporting the real size it takes up on disk compared to the size of the files in it rounded down.

Your script sucks. It fails after like 2000 directories deep.
I wrote my own script that creates a directory with an infinite amount of directories.

Or just use files.
i=0
while :
do
touch $(printf %0255d $((i)))
((i++))
done

>everything is a folder

the name of the folder is not stored in the folder. it's stored in the file system hierarchy which is a separate piece of data on the disk.

With just the folders, the system is not reporting that the available space is getting smaller.

So do files.

Attached: files_do_too_retard.png (392x145, 16K)

Also, instead of wasting your time making millions of folders or files, you could at least learn a bit about filesystems.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HFS_Plus#Design

I got bored anons, so I just started to sudo rm -rf / while it's still creating folders to have the most infinite storage ever.

Attached: 1534025272987.gif (367x219, 523K)

infinite virginity*

>using macOS

Storage is like money, it's all fake. It's fake value. At any point in time you can have all the money in the world.

>not using best OS

Attached: Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 17.15.41.png (377x1121, 238K)

Just because your shit tier device can't detect that storage space is being taken up doesn't mean that it isn't. You will eventually run out of space. Have you for good effort

Attached: 1459313643229.jpg (125x123, 3K)