Windows 7 is the best operating system. You can't prove me wrong

Windows 7 is the best operating system. You can't prove me wrong.

Attached: 300px-Windows_7.png (300x225, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3053711
tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

b-but muh directX12

It hurts to admit it, but you're right. I hate windows 10

im on windows 10 ltsc 2019. seems alright. 7 was supreme but is missing too many features. simple shit like dual monitor task bars

Just pirate DisplayFusion, faggot.

>Windows Aero
Useless bloat

It is indeed

Attached: About Windows 7.png (490x428, 28K)

It's not the best operating system for programming, but it's comfy for everything else, it even looks good after installing the Tango patcher.

my only complaint is that it boots slower than win10 or most linux distros. But I don't mind wating a bit longer at boot time to get a superior OS in the end.
Oh yeah, also battery life is not as good as win10. Details.

lol. im not using a buggy third party program so i can add something that the os should of had to begin with.

no one uses directX 12
Vulkan is way more superior and can run on anything with a gpu and the correct drivers

8.1 is better all around

And yeah yeah blah blah 4GB DX9 blah blah fuck off Femanon

>High CPU use by taskhost.exe when Windows 8.1 user name contains "user"
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3053711

>Symptoms
The taskhost.exe process intermittently consumes high CPU on Windows 8.1 computers when a user account in the local accounts database contains the word "user

>Cause
This is a problem in the component DFPCommon.dll in Windows 8.1.

>Resolution
To resolve the issue, do not create a user account containing the string "user" on the computer.

What a quality item this OS is :^)

as long as gpu supports it, just like in dx12 case

>I am going to nitpick as much as possible and point out a bug that 3 people found at some point

Enjoy your Store and OneDrive integration.

Thanks, I will

or just remove them completely from the installation media with MSMG toolkit

>Not using Windows Embedded Point of Service Ready 7
Kek.

Why do wangtards think their gay operating system is welcome on Jow Forums?

Nah... I rather use the superior Windows 10 Enterprise, since Windows 7 when fully updated have more telemetry enabled than a proper set up Enterprise have.

Attached: 2018-10-11_16-27-17.jpg (7680x4320, 3.14M)

if your GPU doesn't support it then OS doesn't matter

>People actually believe this
The state of this board

>People eating red colored blue pills thinking they know things
The state of this board

Is your neckbeard typing these autistic posts?

Is Windows 10 salvageable at this point? Holy fuck the UI alone is a goddamn mess

No, it's fucking garbage.

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1440, 180K)

and then again after every update

lol windowz lickers

>allowing major updates on Windows 10

yeah we all know how it ends, next update will feature automatic format d:/

i dont know about windows 10 but i updated my 8.1 embedded and only got security updates

win10 is good, i like it

Works on my machine.

>d:/
Never heard of that address.
Unless you're retarded and meant D:\

Attached: ss.png (3840x2160, 292K)

Thanks I certainly am

if you wouldnt be retarded then you would know d:/ is a valid address, try it out

Attached: 1504010020904.png (500x333, 205K)

And typing adres in google will still give you hits on address.
Windows does it because they know people don't know the difference between :\ and :/

>non-capitalized drive letter
And you're still a retard.

>having automatic updates enabled

Attached: muh update settings.png (635x337, 17K)

we are talking about windows here, just stop embarrassing yourself

Attached: 0447019986796910.gif (500x361, 473K)

>talking to yourself
>posting retard images directed at himself.
Projecting skill 100

Attached: 8880366787561736477.jpg (336x360, 106K)

Keep going.
It's amusing that you're trying to defend the point that you are too retarded to type D:\

Attached: index.jpg (237x213, 4K)

>assrapes 7 for nine days straight
It's almost offensive how nu nu-Jow Forums is.

Attached: Windows 2000.jpg (800x600, 127K)

>registry
>no support for filesystems other than FAT32 and NTFS
>one available DE that sucks ass
>no multiple workspaces
>hard to rice
>slow
>bad hardware compatibility
>no package manager

no matter what you do everything will go to shit next every update, just give up

>registry
A hundred billion times better than thousands of dot-files scattered around your hard drive.
>no support for filesystems other than FAT32 and NTFS
For small volumes and large volumes respectively. Perfect.
>one available DE
That's awesome.
>that sucks ass
Funny way to write "so good and dominant, that everybody else has been ripping it off for decades".
>no multiple workspaces
Been available since Windows 3.1's SDK.
>hard to rice
Doesn't need to be riced (see points 3 and 3.5).
>slow
The bald-faced lie.
>bad hardware compatibility
Two in a row.
>no package manager
We don't need silly walled gardens - we have software absolutely everywhere, delivered any way we like.

Troll quality: 1/10. KYS faggot.

Attached: images.jpg (250x201, 12K)

>A hundred billion times better than thousands of dot-files scattered around your hard drive.
Hurr I don't understand how loonix works so it must be bad!
>Funny way to write "so good and dominant, that everybody else has been ripping it off for decades".
That's apple's DE you're describing, whatever it's called. Windows' desktop is copied only by OSs and DEs aiming at oldfag tech illiterate office drones who can't learn new things. Even Ubuntu, the most popular linux distro has something different.
>Been available since Windows 3.1's SDK.
So how do you switch workspaces in win 7?
>We don't need silly walled gardens - we have software absolutely everywhere, delivered any way we like.
Yes goyim, it's far superior to have 46 different updaters for all the shitware you install.

And yes, it is slow and it seems to degrade with time. Even if you keep it relatively clean and not install a ton of shovelware it will start to create problems after some years.

>You can't prove me wrong.
I don't even want.

>Hurr I don't understand how loonix works so it must be bad!
The projection is palpable. It was actually the other way around: the registry is the next evolutionary step from ASCII text configuration. You're the one bawling from being left behind.
>That's apple's DE you're describing, whatever it's called. Windows' desktop is copied only by OSs and DEs aiming at oldfag tech illiterate office drones who can't learn new things. Even Ubuntu, the most popular linux distro has something different.
Everything since Windows 95 has been a ripoff of Windows 95. Your barely-coherent rambling confirms your enraging subconscious realisation of this.
>So how do you switch workspaces in win 7?
Download a 50KB EXE. There are billions of them, using all sorts of methods. My favourite is to use the Terminal Services API to switch displays - but if you want to get your hands dirty, we've had the desktop switching functions of Winlogon for 25 years now. It's about 10 lines of C. You're a loonix faggot - you can code, riiiiight?
>Yes goyim, it's far superior to have 46 different updaters for all the shitware you install.
Shitware. That's what you call the high-quality, professional software we use - that people pay thousands of dollars for - while no-one touches your "pure" shit even though it's free.

As an aside, it's hilarious how freetards will suddenly espouse vendor lock-in (in this case, reliance on your distro's walled garden for updates) as soon as they think it will help them win an argument. Sad - and transparently hypocritical.
>And yes, it is slow and it seems to degrade with time. Even if you keep it relatively clean and not install a ton of shovelware it will start to create problems after some years.
Ahh, so you're admitting it's your own stupid fault? Pathetic.

Troll quality: 0/10. I recommend euthanising your entire family.

Attached: 1523319757111.png (1076x1024, 258K)

Windows Vista is everything i need out of Windows 7 but Microsoft stopped caring about it. It is, in my opinion, the best Windows version.

Attached: IMG_20181011_175529.jpg (2250x2281, 188K)

>Download a 50KB EXE
So it's not supported, and you need to use 3rd party programs. Yes, I can get my hands dirty, you triple nigger, but I'm not doing that on a fucking proprietary paid OS when this shit works OOB on virtually everything other than Wangblows and Temple OS. You seem clinically retarded, so I'm not even going to bother addressing your degenerate misunderstanding of elementary logic.

Attached: BPeN4qRCMAAmB0w.jpg (599x479, 41K)

Hey, I love you. I unironically started using Win 7 just because you do, it is worth it. Also, I would be blessed if you could show me your soles.

imbecile

nobody has this opinion

The only people who don't have this opinion are people who never used Vista. I still occasionally see Vista machines in the wild - people don't want to change from it. It was MS's last "kitchen sink" Windows release, with everything you could possibly want inbox.

Attached: 1978723_1049410838437408_2726631182211113074_n.jpg (244x207, 11K)

>im too fucking stupid to download a 50k exe

Attached: 1421188070907.jpg (680x509, 70K)

B-b-but his walled garden repo makes it superior to Wangblows(TM)(R)!

He went full freetard. You never go full freetard.

>>registry
>A hundred billion times better than thousands of dot-files scattered around your hard drive.
You forgot that those files are easily readable wth any UTF8 reader.
For *.sam files ... Your fucked.

>>one available DE
>That's awesome.
Nope, on an headless Server, there shouldn't be a DE by default.
That 1% used to run the DE is a 1% lost for a wattage per cpu usage point-of-view.

>>no package manager
>We don't need silly walled gardens - we have software absolutely everywhere, delivered any way we like.
Lel, that's why you cant be sure that 2 Servers are running 100% the same software...

Attached: 45d.png (578x372, 164K)

>Windows 7 is the best operating system
no
Windows 10 is currently the best os
Windows 7 is the best LOOKING os
I hate it when people confuse functionality with design

Attached: 11377297_949139218450419_7880802290279018194_n.jpg (640x725, 64K)

I lost my windows 7 ultimate sp1 iso after deciding to try this shit known as "windows 10". Does anyone know where a good copy might be obtained?

>*.sam files
C:\>dir *.sam /s /a
Volume in drive C is VHD-System
Volume Serial Number is BAAD-F00D

Directory of c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

11/06/2009 07.39 3,683 lmhosts.sam
1 File(s) 3,683 bytes

Directory of c:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-lmhsvc_31bf3856ad364e35_6.
1.7601.17514_none_54c852524e9853ee

11/06/2009 07.39 3,683 lmhosts.sam
1 File(s) 3,683 bytes

Total Files Listed:
2 File(s) 7,366 bytes
0 Dir(s) 27,264,552,960 bytes free
They're called "registry hives", user. I know pulled "sam files" out of your ass because you were too stupid to grant yourself enough privs to read C:\Windows\System32\Config\SAM - so you thought you'd try to sound smart. epic-fail.png
>you too stupid to know that those files are easily readable
With the registry editor built into every install of 32-bit Windows in the last 25 years.

>on a headless server
We run Server Core, which has been around for 10 years.

>wattage
Poorfag concerns. But that's why you're running Linux, I suppose.

>Lel, that's why you cant be sure that 2 Servers are running 100% the same software...
Just wow. Slashdot, motherboard.vice and thereg are going to want hear about your shocking discovery that an exe or msi file works once and then vaporises itself. They will be blown away when you exclusively reveal that dism /capture-image and /apply-image don't exist. And you will be world famous when it leaks that VHD(X)s are just a figment of our imagination.

Reminder, because you didn't read the post RIGHT BEFORE YOURS: don't go full freetard user. It's what gives you the extreme credibility issues you have - which has the direct result of why nobody outside of poorfags and penny-pinchers wants to touch your shit.

Attached: Windows-Vs-Mac-Vs-Linux-Jokes_1.jpg (600x269, 49K)

windows 7, ubuntu and macos are the only options for OSs for adults

tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

A one-stop shop. Generates links directly to MS's servers. Can't get "good copy"-er than that.

Attached: hulk_no_problem.jpg (200x225, 17K)

>Windows 7 is the best LOOKING os
>What is GNU/Linux with fucktons of DEs, even more fucktons of themes etc

>should of

Attached: 031C3E07-3E2D-4F4B-93C7-A6FDD9CA256F.jpg (750x750, 80K)

Cheers, bro.

>>you too stupid to know that those files are easily readable
>With the registry editor built into every install of 32-bit Windows in the last 25 years.
Made me chuckle :)

>>wattage
>Poorfag concerns. But that's why you're running Linux, I suppose.
Nice one, gonna copy-pasta it on Mac-fags threads :)

>Just wow. Slashdot, motherboard.vice and thereg are going to want hear about your shocking discovery that an exe or msi file works once and then vaporises itself. They will be blown away when you exclusively reveal that dism /capture-image and /apply-image don't exist. And you will be world famous when it leaks that VHD(X)s are just a figment of our imagination.

So you have to make a copy for the first installation and use it for every machine after that first one ?
How do you upgrade perfectly all your installations all at once ?
Do you have to reinstall the first image on the test-machine, upgrade it and then use it to reimage it in every other machines ?
Seriously, pic related...

Attached: 1200-610491-32144454-37404752.jpg (1200x800, 457K)

Literally everything in this post, I've already answered. Ideological blinkers truly are blinding. Shit dude, just stick with your 50 year-old OS - you can't comprehend anything more evolved.

Attached: 1517685775988.jpg (720x623, 79K)

Why don't you go hack a sam file for us. Or mebbe deploy Win8 home on your servers. :^)

>have to pay monthly fee
HAHAHAHAHAHA

begone tranny

pajeet woman

Windows 10 would be more usable with a dark file explorer

I don't see anything wrong with that pic. You might not like it, but that's what peak performance looks like.

Attached: 292e3d5f844e98e0ce387e66b2192872.jpg (674x1024, 116K)

>Even Ubuntu, the most popular linux distro has something different.
Uhh...

Attached: 1557132872687.webm (405x720, 2.82M)

you arent getting anything more than security updates so whats your problem?

There's a reason why silver light was shit canned. Xp was better

Damn you're brainwashed if you think ntfs or fat is perfect. You can't ever transfer files past 4-8gb

>even more fucktons of themes
all of them bad
every single one
show me 3 (THREE) good looking linux themes
no, arc, adapta and similar meme themes don't look good
no, tiling wm's don't look good
no, putting a minimalistic animu wallpaper and an uguu kawaii animu girl in a small window does not make it look good
is the theme consistent?
does it support proper desktop icon grid like windows or kde does?
no, ">desktop icons" is not an argument, it is very important for productivity
no, circular window control buttons don't look good
no, dock does not look good
no, a unusable top panel (like in gnome) does not look good
no, giant font size with small spacing does not look good, like xfce whiskas menu
no, mimicking an already existing macos or windows theme does not look good on linux
no, minimal flatshit does not look good
no, haiku, beos or other similar oldschool themes don't look good
no, replying to this post with ad hominem arguments does not make your argument valid

Attached: ceb78d74d1e08a74fa1aeda4b45aba8a.jpg (425x400, 26K)

>clockwise from top left:
>Win XP
>Win 10
>Win 7
>Win 8.1
>Win 10
Jesus Christ just choose a style and stick with it M$

>Xp was better
XP was fine in it's day. But if you think it's better than 7 then you're probably an NPC 10 user.

> doesn't know about Osx journled
Registry files are a dinosaur relic like system 32

windows 1.0 is better than 7

Attached: download (1).jpg (260x194, 13K)

Funnily enough, 10 actual has a very similar start menu bug, it happened to be when upgrading from 7 and had to change the clock.
I shit you not, if the system clock time changes start menu icons don't save and will just re-appear as they were before. The fix is just to wait until the time catches up.

Attached: 1505327503994.png (482x436, 216K)

that calculator is 10, it has all the muh fluent design shit

Windows 10 basic
Windows 10 settings
Code Writer isn't Win7
Windows 10 calc
Windows 10 Explorer.
There's nothing below Windows 10 in that image.

this, every time I want to do some development everything is for linux and windows is an afterthought. Takes a lot of tinkering with settings and stuff to sort it out. Even so, notepad++ is a pretty good text editor, and from there I'm able to point to python.exe to compile python, or to gcc.exe to compile C/C++. now it works pretty well but it took an hour or so to set up at least for C.

>fully updated
lol

>>registry
it's not so bad although it is kind of a mess. It would be better to just have portable programs only that don't install and put shit all over the place. Although programs in linux put files all over the place too.
>>no support for filesystems other than FAT32 and NTFS
sure NTFS loses some space due to formatting but it's not a huge problem, and it works fine. what do you think is wrong with it?
>>one available DE that sucks ass
explain why only one DE is a bad thing. and that it sucks ass is just an opinion.
>>no multiple workspaces
wrong, there is a lot of free open source software available. I use Dexpot, and I can switch between one of 10 desktops at once, and it supports multiple monitors, multiple desktop backgrounds, and it can manage where programs open depending on what they're for. It has rules you can set for desktops as well. just because it doesn't come with the OS doesn't matter. In fact it's better that it's 3rd party since it's open source and not from microshart, which is a legitimate complaint IMO.
>>hard to rice
wrong. built into the OS you can change all the usual stuff like fonts, colors, sounds, and size of on screen elements. You can very easily change icons (easier IMO than in linux) by just putting some icon files in a folder and pointing things to use those icons, but at least in linux you don't have to keep doing this.
there are tons of things you can install to rice 7. I have classic shell, and programs to change my boot screen, etc etc.
>>slow
I know linux can be sub 1GB or even sub 500MB at idle, best I can do on 7 is ~1.2GB on idle, but I also run a ton of services I need to keep running for certain tasks. People who don't need it could disable those.
>>bad hardware compatibility
kek what? this has to be bait.
>>no package manager
1. don't need a package manager since you can just install shit from a file or unzip a folder wherever you want to, and
2. there is a package manager that exists.

my nigga

>Windows 7 "installer"
>USB3
*autistic screeching*

> He dones't know ho to slipstream his drivers
*autistic screeching*

thanks op
just installed on my new ssd

Attached: newwin.png (474x412, 44K)

Windows 7 is about a year from being completely discontinued.

How do I update to W10 1803?

I've just freshly installed Windows 10 but it seems that the last update was pulled because it says that my Windows Build version is 17134.

they will extend support until 2023, 2025 even. It's not clear how it's gonna work exactly (they're gonna charge) but it will happen.

>Oh no my car isn't being produced anymore, i better discard it right away despite it being perfectly functioning and serviceable still

Consumerism is a disease

Also despite what m$ says they will still release major security fixes post-EOL like they did with XP during the ransomware attack wave earlier

For everything else there's a plethora of antivirus solutions besides MSE definitions

Yup

Attached: winver_2018-10-12_08-00-10.png (470x408, 22K)

You can't prove you're right either.

>Drive letters at all
One of the regrettable things windows inherited from DOS.