Why is Jow Forums so afraid of advertisers?

Why is Jow Forums so afraid of advertisers?

Attached: google-home-use-1000-aaa-59db8c2c22fa3a00116555f8.jpg (768x484, 34K)

My daddy says I don't actually have control over my thoughts because god wouldn't grant free will to an ungrateful child, so he keeps me away from TV and doesn't know I go on this website, because he thinks since he hasn't done the ritual to give me free will, I will be completely controlled by any adult (whom has free will) that I communicate with. Since the TV and computer adds are made by adults, I will be instantly hypnotized into following whatever they say, and that's why I think other boys are cute :3

I'm not. Advertisers fear me.

Why would I be favorably disposed toward someone whose openly-admitted objective is to deceive me into buying shit I don't need? Why would I want to let such an organization record what I do?

That's fair.

They're unenthusiastic in bed and few have genuine conversations that aren't data mining irl. idk they're creepy and triangulate. not all of them just some of them.,

Does OP want an actual practical discussion, or shitposts about “muh botnet D:” and “you don’t need privacy if you have nothing to hide ;D”?
These threads always go the same way, every day, every single time they’re posted. No ideas are actually furthered, no minds are changed, no agreement is made; it just furthers the divide in our ideologies.

I personally like having some privacy, even though I can honestly and confidently say I don’t do illegal shit. I believe that all of this data mining and mass surveillance is going to lead us down a dark and regressive future (though it will be masked as progress). However, there’s those that favour convenience, saving time, or looking normal according to the status quo over a right to privacy; and they’re entitled to that mindset-- if you believe in your right to privacy, you’ve also ought to believe in their right to believe whatever they want and have free expression. Hell, maybe they’re right and we’re just paranoid.
My point is though, this shitposting never produces a result. It leave pro-privacy anons hating pro-convenience anons and vice versa even more potently than it previously did. There is no point in this thread, and a thread died for this.
Neck yourself OP, not because of your beliefs, but because you’re the cancer killing this board.

/thread
sage goes in all fields

what the fuck.

>Implying only advertisers have access to your data

>"Why are people afraid to allow corporate entities that only care about money to build an entire profile on them including but not limited to: conversations, ideas, product consumption, patterns, relationships, fears, thought process, desires..."
Gee user, I don't know.

might just get one for asthetics and forget the botnet.

based and redpilled
unironically

Because classification is historically dangerous and will not work out for you.

Perfectly put.

My dad bought one of these apple smart devices and disabled the Siri and thinks he is safe. He controls it via his iPhone. When I visited it suddently started blurping: "I COULDN'T FIND INFORMATION ABOUT XYZ; HERE IS WHAT I FOUND INSTEAD: RESTAURANT GIOVANNI'S AT..."

Because they told me I was fat, stupid, ugly, and a loser, and then they told me I could fix all that by buying some of their products, so I got mad because I couldn't afford it.

I don't think you understand what sage is

>Americans think a cylindrical piece of plastic is aesthetic

it's pretty easy to not buy shit you don't need, try not being a retard.

I was a hotel room recently that had a Google Home Mini in it for guest use and I felt kind of uncomfortable that it was always listening to me.

So I asked it a question about the weather, and then it and my phone both tried to answer at the same time and then I remembered, "Oh yeah I'm already being spied on constantly."

No, user... It is YOU who does not understand.

Kek

its already called the cops and had one guy arrested

I cant fucking wait until house assistants like Alexa go the way of the Win10 and start verbally inserting targeted ads into your life.
>user, the weather is currently 9 degrees Celsius. May I recommend you use a jacket? I've searched the best JACKET on amazon, based on user reviews.
>According to Waze, you've exceeded your tire's recommended mileage. Since you agreed to necessary purchases on your presigned monthly EULA, I've ordered 4 Viking Premium tires for $750 each.
>user! You tweeted "eating pasta again :c" 23 seconds ago. 5kg of assorted seasonal fruit and ready-to-go nutritional beverage Onions has been ordered to your location and charged into your account as part of the monthly pre-approved SMILES program against obesity and bad habits.
>Amazon Comcast has detected you are currently browsing a Class IV website. Under your pre-approved user contract's specification, your internet will be shut down for a total of 24 hours. You can leran more on how to reduce your penalty and the Good Citizenship Social Point System on ---------Internet connection lost.

>Alexa order me some ShitBrand paper
>>Ive placed an order for Premium Eggshell "Toscana Dreams" Ultrafine paper.
>Fuck off Alexa
>>Your account has been locked.

Attached: 1537140392359.jpg (935x935, 274K)