Linux is too slow

Linux is slower than Windows

#fact

It's exactly like using a 4 cylinder car vs an 8 cylinder car.

Obviously the faster car (Or OS) is better.

Attached: images (4).jpg (259x194, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HIK2eftB_bA
youtube.com/watch?v=bck9p5zzfWM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ees2aZcDUn8
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ryzen-2700x-winlin&num=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Haha yeah dude!
Linux? More like Linsux XD

Attached: brainlet.png (820x729, 185K)

I'm not saying it sucks 100%

It's just too slow for gaming or high end pcs

My 2.0t Focus ST is faster than most V8 shitboxes from the early 2000s and back.

yeah! lincucks users are lonely neckbeards!!!!!! gotem!!!!!!

#linuxis4loserz #windowsisbest #preach #bigfacts

>Linux is slower than Windows
Objectively false

A plane is faster than any car

#fact

Why are you a road rube?

I'm not sure if this is bait in reply to my obvious bait?

Attached: Dfffka_X4AA3mc.jpg (851x797, 72K)

Hurrrr that's like saying modern Linux is faster than Windows 95

No shit.

I'm talking a modern v8 will womp a 4 cylinder any day.

Linux is slow. Get over it.

have you seen how fast suburu BRZ or WRX STI's can go? They will beat lamborghini's around a track. Thats the worst argument ever.

With that being said there's tons of shit you can say about linux, its speed/efficiency is not one of them.

umm no sweetie, do you know Mercedes-Benz can make 370HP out of a 2.0 4-cyl? It was in the AMG A45 but sadly it was too good for Americans to get.

Shut up. Linux. Is. Slower. Than. Windows.

If Linux was faster people would use it idiot. But we pay for Windows for the speed it brings.

>suburu BRZ or WRX STI's can go? They will beat lamborghini's around a track
lol no

You're sounding so stupid right now. Nothing you said made any sense. Get fucked lol

Your claim is objectively false and lacks basis in reality.

Linux is the choice for enterprise and mobile computing where speed matters most.

Windows is used most in the enthusiast and consumer markets for its ease of use.

V8s are shit, deal with it. All it matters is Nurburgring lap times, and 4/6 cyl cars dominate those.

>It's exactly like using a 4 cylinder car vs an 8 cylinder car.

so the same speed but lasts 15 times longer on the same parts?

#deranged
#faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=HIK2eftB_bA
youtube.com/watch?v=bck9p5zzfWM
they also beat them in a straight line

And for good measure, here's an evo beating a lambo, another 4 cylinder that's faster.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ees2aZcDUn8

Your argument is retarded and you should feel bad

Windows is faster

Get

Over

It

Fatty

yea they will, the key word is "around"
lambos can't turn nor drift a turn for shit.
if it was a drag race maybe different.

>they also beat them in a straight line
I guess my "maybe" is a strong maybe..

Prove

It

You

Paid

Poo

In

Loo

Shill

>in

>b4

>gaymen

>benchmarks

emulating is only 5-10% slower with wine

otherwise linux uses CPU cores better and is faster than windows is native volken/opengl shit.

Dude it's slower.

People USE (because who pays for Windows in this day and age) Windows, because they don't know anything else or because of software compatibility.
Actually you rather use Linux when you want to achieve low resource usage.

Everybody knows about Linux now.

Windows is faster and better so it's what we all use.

>windows
>fast

Attached: 1512585483596.gif (400x248, 1.56M)

Lamborghini has the current Nürburgring lap record for road cars

Linux is slower than Windows

Everybody knows this.

Linux is free though, so if you're poor it's not a bad option. That's why some students and 3rd world countries use it.

see:

This.

That user watched a video of a built evo vs a stock base model lambo.

The lambo holds the record.

People know about the existence of Linux and nothing else. Normalfags don't care about software alternatives. They use the OS that comes with their PC and the software someone recommended them a decade ago or that they saw in some infographic once.

see:

>Everybody knows about Linux now
>implying
Less than 10% of the normies know of linux because you can barely play SOME games on it, faggot.

Attached: k.png (200x214, 32K)

fake and gay desu

>linux is slower than windows
it's impossible to run windows 10 and be productive on 4 gigs of ram

Just compile the Kernel with enabled Deadline Scheduler as the default, it'll optimize speed on a XFS host

>you can barely play SOME games on it, faggot.

Attached: valve-proton.jpg (780x405, 64K)

In what ways is it slower and do you have a single fact to back it up?

you are retarded if you think that poor people have money to pay for games on steam, they have like what 10 playable games while windows has thousands upon thousands?

+ Not all the games are on steam so .. . My point still stands, you can t play shit with linux s wine emulator.

>It's just too slow for gaming
actually true since most games are optimized for winshit. if you optimize it for opengl, it will be much faster on linux.
>or high end pcs
found the retard. nobody sane uses windows on high end pcs. linux is much faster here on all tests.

Proton is still in beta and really buggy when it comes to yet unsupported games.
It's just another step to make gaming easier on Linux. You could play many games on Linux before Proton was announced, but you have to put additional work in. This additional work is what makes Linux unattractive as a gaming OS not the inability to play games.

They should just put windows on the supercomputers. Like 2x faster instantly

Woah some1 sane in this thread.

Are you all actually retarded? All you need to go is google this and take more than 2 seconds reading benchmarks to discover that the linux kernel is better at nearly everything.

Unless you are doing a lot of the very few specific workloads where windows is better or you are using some windows specific software, linux will always be faster.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ryzen-2700x-winlin&num=1

Here is 7 pages worth of benchmarks, 90% of which clearly shows why linux is objectively better for speed.

>Linux is slower than Windows
The vast majority of workloads are much, much faster on Linux. Windows can't compete in raw performance, it's a joke.

This doesn't mean there aren't some cases where Windows will perform better. If you run Windows games using emulation you're probably going to get a 5-10% performance penalty.

Attached: wintoddlers-apache-fs8.png (1620x921, 119K)

Wine is not an emulator.
But if they wanted to do that, they'd have to make sure to get the super duper xtreme version of Windows server, because they artificially limit the max amount of RAM a system can have based on windows version. I'm not fucking kidding.

Everyone in here shilling for Windows is unironically an NSA agent attempting to convert people in the autism imageboard community. Do not fall for it. Never forget that Microsoft has been a part of PRISM since the beginning.

Attached: PRISM-Companies.jpg (697x524, 117K)

This. This is exactly why 100% of supercomputers, and the majority of the webs servers don't run linux. I mean, you want the fastest OS for supercomputers and web servers right? right user?

>microsoft first to turn

Enjoy waiting for Blender to render on Windows. The performance gap is significant.

Attached: wintoddlers-btfo-blender-fs8.png (1594x897, 124K)

>be me
>get used laptop for uni because after tuition don't have enough for new one
>dad gives me 2015 Alienware he bought from a friend at work
>ohshit.mlg
>reinstall windows because new install is best install
>slow as shit
>windows processes throttling cpu
>deal with it for like a month
>can't take it anymore
>install linux
>fast as shit
>cpu usage is actually normal
>see thread of microshills
>pray for them to see the light

Sent from my android phone

Linux dominates in the world of visual effects. The same software running in windows vs. linux will be at least 15% faster just by switching to linux. Sometimes the speed ups are even higher. Windows is a toy OS.

>Wine is not an emulator.
Yeah and? Big difference between an emulator and an compatibility layer, neither of them works on linux LUL.

Intel BTFO

is this 1999?

>subarus with $70k in boltons are faster than stock lamborghinis

Attached: 1523681858155.png (720x652, 303K)

Nah, I do talk from my personal experience I have tried linux for one month, the hell I went trought that month. Emulators wouldn t work, wine wouldn t work, never again ... .

Sure thing, rajeesh

>in a straight line

truth
removes unnecessary spinning mass

what visual effects besides blender? anything good for video like after fx?

Wine can be a bit of bitch sometimes, which is why many people (especially beginners) prefer frontends like PlayOnLinux or Lutris. Just because you couldn't get emulators or Wine to work doesn't mean they don't work in general.

You "tried" linux for a month, couldn't play games and went running back to microshaft wangblows?
Maybe try learning how something works before you try using it, or shilling windows on Jow Forums

it's called virtual machines ya fkn maroon

this must be bait.
every heavy program was made for windows and mac, not linux.
what are you gonna run in linux in an high end computer, emacs?

Nigga I ain t shitting ya, it was like the fuckin gods fucked over my linux iso file, any game that I tried and it wasn t from steam just wouldn t start, I even tried to make run an emulator/virtual machine with windows so I can play my shitty games but this wouldn t work either so after one month I gived up on trying to learn linux. Maybe the other programs work and I had bad luck but wine, I won t touch that thing ever again.

>Gayming

Well wtf do you want me to do, make the game work by myself? No thx, I do have better ways to waste my time.

It depends on what you are doing. If you are running a bloated distro, it can be really slow. If you optimize the os for specific tasks, it is really fast. Why do you think most servers are running linux/unix today? It is not about licensing costs. It is about how long do you need to get something done, how long do you need for maintenance and how fast and extendable/dynamic a system is. When i boot on my main workstation win 10, it needs about 4 sec. My minimalistic linux take half that time. For me programming is faster with linux. Getting dependencies is done with less work. Packing and deploying is faster, 'cause the tools are there. They are made for specific one job. They are well maintained and not broken after an slow and anoying update like on windows.

Even with play on linux, nothing would work, I tried to instal league of legends with it to play with friends it would crash everytime... . I don t say that people shouldn t use linux, it is better than windows but if you wana play and chill with your friends after a day of work, it isn t the best choice for you.

I thought Jow Forums was bad at this... Why are so many Jow Forumstards replying a bait thread where the OP intentionally posts like a dumbass.

>Hurrrr I don't understand anything you said so I am calling you retarded because I know nothing about cars

Dude just shut up already. I won here.

Nobody actually thinks Linux is good. It's just a meme on Jow Forums. It's for people to cheap to pay for Windows or a macintosh

Remember that time Toyota decided to partner with Subaru to create a sports car slower than their grocery-getter commuter car? Unless "sporty" means uncomfortable, cheap and loud

A lot of bugs are caused by the lack of proprietary fonts, GTA V for example.

I've only had a taste of linux on my dilapidated 2011 acer and even from that shitty little sample I can't express how wrong you are. When proton becomes viable I'll ditch winpoo forever

It's not about cylynders, but their volume and additional aspect like turbo etc, you're fucking toy, get outta here.

Why can't freetards simply not reply to bait?
Or are loonextards losers who have nothing else to do other than fix broken X everyday?

>What are supercomputers

>Lubuntu
Needs 16 MB RAM

>Windows
Needs 4 GB RAM

wow user, you sure BTFO me.

Attached: 152125164496.jpg (399x400, 20K)

if you are to stupid to use it, stay with windows.
and wtf is a benchmark
and why all servers use linux

Most cpu/memory bound workloads are faster on linux.
Linux GL sucks but that's about it.

WRONG

You can install turbo on 4 cyl. shitbox and do v8 heavy faggot compensator like instantly.

Actually no.
Linux is used in high demand applications, i.e. servers, POS terminals...
Windows is used in office usually.
In embedded (factory, or other stuff) both are used nearly equally.
They have the same performance in cross-compiled software.
Wine has worse performance than real Windows, because it is fucking WinAPI emulator.

Windows just held my PC hostage for 15 minutes while it performed updates that I didn't want to do, all because explorer crashed and wouldn't restart, so I had to reboot the PC.

Cheaper too.

Real effects companies use in-house tools. Pixar has in-house stuff that they build for Linux, for example.

yeah, and it's slower

I dare you to try and close a program faster than me

>embedded
>windows
no

Have you been to chink factories? They still use Windows XP or CE 5.0 on some machines, like some CNCs.

Linux wouldn't be slower than Windows even if you open everything twice. If your only brainlet argument is that Windows-only game made for Windows system runs slower on Linux then you should give a blowjob to a car exhaust pipe. The game can't get much faster if it needs Windows-style system under it. If you would have a game that's highly optimized for Linux then first of all you wouldn't even be able to run it in Windows but if you could it would be slow. The lesson here is to use native software when possible, not through Wine. If you're a /v/irgin then you should go back. You obviously know nothing.

Attached: 1526357474576.jpg (680x709, 127K)

Congrats OP I didn't expect the newfags to be baited so easily.

Office monkey number punchers don't require speed.

You agreed to their EULA, so you actually did want it to update.

What the fuck are you smoking?

Attached: emulator_and+compatibility_layer_wow.png (1920x1080, 450K)

its slow because no fortnite obviously

Attached: 1539184306536.gif (264x264, 1.64M)

If it's using windows its not embedded.....