Daily reminder that you can play a metric fuckton of Windows games in Linux now due to Steamplay and Proton in...

Daily reminder that you can play a metric fuckton of Windows games in Linux now due to Steamplay and Proton in conjunction with wine and DXVK.

If you're a Windows user, you're not just a loser. You're a loser by way of fair, objective reasoning!

Attached: 1535173398828.jpg (1250x1250, 142K)

Yeah but can you connect to wifi yet?

>being this mad that your beloved Loonix is nothing more than a time sink for NEETS

Attached: 1489843175253.jpg (861x1300, 91K)

Can you VPN tunnel to your someone else's network using only GUI to fix some router settings for him?

Fuck I love the new KDE

Attached: 1535076962668.jpg (983x750, 266K)

>Fuck I love the new KDE
Isn't it just peaches and cream? It's also got the resource intensity of a desktop like Mate. It's probably the best DE. Jow Forums just doesn't want to admit it.

It is the most feature rich
And by that metric it runs about 2 laps around everything else before coming to rest.

600MBs idle is worth it.

>quantity = quality
You're retarded, the number of games isn't the real issue. There are too many games out there, over 80% are not worth playing. Linux usually had less trash-tier games, Proton will just bring the trash devs to Linux easier.

>Wine is developed purely on public interest in game and hard work from dedicated fans
>Only has the worst games

I'm not sure at what you're getting at here...

Attached: 1535774472509.jpg (566x469, 16K)

>If you're a Windows user, you're not just a loser. You're a loser by way of fair, objective reasoning!
If you're using WINE you're trying to become a pseudo-windows user. So you're just as much of a loser, except you're actively trying to be one instead of just being oblivious.

>you should throw away your perfectly functional system, workflow, and other apps
>to run under a compatibility layer (performance loss)
>on an unsupported/unoptimised-for os (performance loss)
>that has no guarantee that my hardware will work perfectly like it does on windows (functionality loss)
>that has no guarantee that the software will work on (functionality loss)
>WHY WON'T ANYBODY USE LEENOOKS ITS SO SUPERIOR?!?!!1one!
It took me approximately one second to come up with this list. KYS you stupid, worthless piece of freetarded shit.

Attached: 1978723_1049410838437408_2726631182211113074_n.jpg (244x207, 11K)

There aren't many games I even want to play. I'll probably give Proton a try before trying to get PCIE passthrough to work.

>Steamplay and Proton in conjunction with wine and DXVK
Or I could just open Steam in Windows and play my games.

that's pretty neat
too bad linux still kinda sucks as a desktop machine

>it's the best DE
Doesn't mean much. Any standalone WM destroys every DE ever created.

It's the best option for a desktop machine.

>play a metric fuckton of Windows games
for what purpose?

I almost always have to spend at least an hour getting games on Steam to work on windows. Even GoG seems to work better.

Sure, if you don't care about your privacy and if you're willing to support a shady software company with your dollars. You do you.

Attached: balmer.jpg (313x235, 9K)

>Steamplay
>Steam
Call me when I can play all my pirated games on loonix.

Pirated games run ubiquitously better than native games as they're stripped of the DRM.

The only thing tripping up wine these days is DRM.

But there isn't any wide support yet :C

>Yeah but can you connect to wifi yet?
wifi's worked fine for years. something like 10 years ago there were things you had to do like download the wintoddler driver and extract the firmware blob to get it working. these days it just works, just like everything else

gpu drivers are dogshit but loonix is literally my only choice on my toaster since windows runs like literal pajeet code

The wifi drivers don't even work, like wtf pajeet.

>you can play a metric fuckton of games
And not one of them is Fallout 3.

Daily reminder that you still can't play a metric fuckton of Windows games in Linux. Now end yourself.